Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 12:19 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Street beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason0779
Hey all,

I'm not sure if yal remember but I had brought up in the past that I thought one of my front wheels looked like it was tucked in more then the other (especially towards the back of the front wheel where the hump starts going down to the running board). I was positive it was because one fender was wider than the other however I was wrong. It turns out the cross member was welded in crocked by the previous owner(therefore pulling the back of the drivers side front wheel in more and pushing the back of the passenger front wheel out{giving it that look}). How this happend i'm not sure. I've decided I want to put a strait axle in the car. My question is I have two options. Cut all the welds and grind and grind and eventually get the mustang 2 front end out. OR make two simple cuts right behind the mustang two crossmber, pull the whole front end off and then weld in two frame rail extensions and start the process from there. My questions is does anyone know where to buy frame sections that I could weld on to my current frame. Would frame horns be suffecient for this job?? Any ideas, anyone? THANKS!!
Most parts off of a stock 33/34 ford will not fit on this frame or body without a lot of work. I don't know why the guy before you would have welded in the cross member as the factory did that. My fenders were off on mine and I ended up cutting them off and putting different ones on. check the drop from the top of the fender towards the engine bay. I had one that was right, the other took a steep drop.

The front cross member is too wide for the car also, so you cannot get your fenders over the wheels. I have widened my fenders 2"'s each and use short "A" arms. you can see it in my last picture above.

Bob