Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions. - Page 10 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 03:54 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Poncho,

Yep, it is. The headlight mount points and the grille are the give away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Looks like the guy got most of his parts anyways.......
Old 04-29-2011, 06:11 PM

Last photo:

Streetbeast builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
Looks like the guy got most of his parts anyways.......
poncho, I looked on that site you posted, the guys phone # was there so I as long as I get free long distance, I called him.

It's a street beast, which we knew, But you get a sbc, 4 speed, I think he said muncie, and ford rear end. He has also got a Must II front end, so you can get the A arms, and he has bought a brand new R & P, for it.

It is really the CMC kit, they are the same I know but he has everything with it. So there you go.

Bob
Old 04-29-2011, 06:29 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
poncho, I looked on that site you posted, the guys phone # was there so I as long as I get free long distance, I called him.

It's a street beast, which we knew, But you get a sbc, 4 speed, I think he said muncie, and ford rear end. He has also got a Must II front end, so you can get the A arms, and he has bought a brand new R & P, for it.

It is really the CMC kit, they are the same I know but he has everything with it. So there you go.

Bob
Bob - I think Poncho needs a 'real' project plus it's already in Canada, so no duties

Dave w
Old 04-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Now I just need the 13 large........I think the wife would have something to say about that......
Old 04-29-2011, 09:00 PM

Last photo:

streetbeast builds

Quote:
Now I just need the 13 large........I think the wife would have something to say about that......
Dave, I think you are right, Hell every things there, just slap it together.
Only thing I see wrong is he said sbc, not sbf.

The guy asked me where I was, because of my phone #. I told him, but I said I'm calling for a guy in Hanover, Ont. boy he got excited then.LOL

Bob
Old 04-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Another bump.....and a question for you experts

Is this a Streetbeast?....Its for sale in Widsor Ontario for 13 grand.....

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...dIdZ278593981#

CMC body for sure..

The Frenched in plate and the bumper holes in the back.. Is a dead give away..
Old 05-06-2011, 03:09 PM

Last photo:

styreet beasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Poncho,

Yep, it is. The headlight mount points and the grille are the give away.
Jay just for your info the headlight mount points on my front fenders are the same, I have wescott front fenders.

Bob
Old 05-15-2011, 04:28 PM

Last photo:

brakes for SB

just got my frame out of FAB installing front and rear suspensions. ready to start brakes. what is generally used, F-body vacuum assist master cylinder from a bone yard or new stuff. I'm looking at new, but like the idea of getting the full package from an F-body, MC and e-brake stuff.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:07 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakrick
just got my frame out of FAB installing front and rear suspensions. ready to start brakes. what is generally used, F-body vacuum assist master cylinder from a bone yard or new stuff. I'm looking at new, but like the idea of getting the full package from an F-body, MC and e-brake stuff.
Back in '92 when building my car I took both Master Cylinder and Power Booster from a wrecked 1989 Mustang LX and used both in my car. Did this because the wrecked Mustang LX was still basically a new car to me with only 30k on the odometer. Used the rear end out of the same car in my Street Rod Build. Emergency brake came out of an original Mustang II as recommended by Classic Motor Carriages at the time.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:33 AM

Streetbeast on YouTube

It's probably been posted before but there are lots of videos on YouTube, just type in Streetbeast... I saved a bunch of the vids from Southwest Rod and Custom for my build.. pretty much every aspect of the build there and some very good ideas too. Also lots of good visual info on doing bodywork of all kinds and fabrication, Pete is really talented, helpful for the beginner or even for those of us that have been building for a while. I'm always learning and at my age relearning. Pete has been a big help for me since I have 5 projects going and I'm always looking for new ideas.

Also I bought a really nice Mustang rebuilt factory-5 rear end for my 34 streetbeast at mpsautosalvage off eBay. They set it up like I wanted gear selection and all for less than $1000. Shipping was cheap, great outfit and very helpful... Good resource.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:17 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
Back in '92 when building my car I took both Master Cylinder and Power Booster from a wrecked 1989 Mustang LX and used both in my car. Did this because the wrecked Mustang LX was still basically a new car to me with only 30k on the odometer. Used the rear end out of the same car in my Street Rod Build. Emergency brake came out of an original Mustang II as recommended by Classic Motor Carriages at the time.
I guess I missed this part - while they can be rebuilt, I have a problem using a clunk master cylinder from the junk yard. You are spending thousands to build a car, why cut corners here. Master cylinders are too cheap not to buy new - a new Bendix for an '88 Mustang is $37, the older ('86)version, $43 from Rock Auto Parts while a new '79 Corvette, the usual type used on a rod is $43. Equate your time wandering a salvage yard, plus a kit - dang cheap for a new one. Of course "factory" rebuilts are even cheaper yet. Power boosters, if you even need one for a 2800 pound car, a bit more. I have one in my '31 - I forgot to delete that option, but the brakes seem to work fine with it disconnected. If it craps out - it's gone forever.

Dave W
Old 05-19-2011, 06:19 AM

Last photo:

Wish those video's were around when I was building my 34 Coupe started back in 1992 but of course there was nothing like that available at the time so I had to rely on the manual Classic Motor Carriages supplied and my own knowledge gained over the years working on my different cars that I owned since the late 60's. The cheap way out is doing most of your finding of parts through the junkyard if you are looking for a rear,trans,engine and some other parts. Problem today is you may not find some of the parts you need and will have to buy new from some of the Street Rod Shops around. It could be a costly project when you add everything all up during your build. Ask around and see how much money others have put into their Street Rods and you will be amazed at how much was spent. I probably already mentioned somewhere on this forum that I purchased a front clip from a Mustang II back in '92 and used the factory stamped upper and lower control arms from it and rebuilt them with new ball joints and bushings. Most people building today and for years have been buying the Tubular ones from Street Rod Shops brand new. They can be expensive and add to your cost but they do look good. I also as mentioned used the power booster and master cylinder out of the '89 Mustang LX and the Rear End from it. I bartered a 350 Turbo Trans from a Transmission Repair Shop that I sell parts to being in the auto parts business and purchased my seats from someone else with another '89 Mustang LX. Most everything else that I can think of I purchased brand new such as my ZZ4 Series Engine but even found that pretty cheap still sitting in the crate that someone else did not use for a project at only $2100 back then. Actually it is the first of the ZZ4 series stamped ZZZ built in '89.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:01 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
I guess I missed this part - while they can be rebuilt, I have a problem using a clunk master cylinder from the junk yard. You are spending thousands to build a car, why cut corners here. Master cylinders are too cheap not to buy new - a new Bendix for an '88 Mustang is $37, the older ('86)version, $43 from Rock Auto Parts while a new '79 Corvette, the usual type used on a rod is $43. Equate your time wandering a salvage yard, plus a kit - dang cheap for a new one. Of course "factory" rebuilts are even cheaper yet. Power boosters, if you even need one for a 2800 pound car, a bit more. I have one in my '31 - I forgot to delete that option, but the brakes seem to work fine with it disconnected. If it craps out - it's gone forever.

Dave W
I have to agree here that I wouldn't use a Master Cylinder that needed to be rebuilt either for as cheap as they are but in my case trust me I didn't use a quote: clunk master cylinder on my car when building it but I did use one from a 3 year old car at the time back in 1992 basically brand new with only 30,000 miles on the car including the Power Booster attached to it from that '89 Mustang LX I spoke about. Don't know if any of this stuff from the new Mustangs could be used but if so I wouldn't hesitate one bit from using these same parts with very low mileage on them if it would work with your car.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:48 PM

Last photo:

brake master cylinder

that's good input guys, thanks. actually once i thought about that a bit, i came to the same conclusion. i have all new disk brakes why not keep the whole system new.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.