Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions. - Page 15 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 10:43 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I think it all depends on when you purchased the Street Beast - in the beginning build stages where you would find any construction problems, mid stage (buying a half-finished car that the previous owner abandoned because he was either sick of it, or couldn't get parts promised by Street Beast), or buying a completed car that has most of the bugs worked out already. We purchased our '34 completed, and there's still things that I will change if we keep the car, but overall, in my opinion, it's not a bad "kit car" and structurally very solid, so I'm pretty satisfied with the end product. Having said that, I can certainly understand the pure frustration some people have had to endure while dealing with Street Beast or it's affiliates while trying to complete their cars. Likewise, as some have mentioned, in some cases, the quality of the product left something to be desired, especially in the fit and finish and frame construction. So, like belly buttons and opinions, everybody has one, and I think the flow of information, especially about this particular car in question, helps everyone get to where they want to be with this car.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2011, 09:27 PM

New Street Beast owner

just to chime in, I bought an unfinished 34 cabriolet street beast around Aug 1st.. i bought a 39 chevy un-finished on ebay cheap, and when i got there he had the 34 kit.. so i bought both. Ive done pleanty of hot-rod stuff mainly 70-up muscle cars and this is my first "kit" it's not that bad from what i can tell, it's been coming together nicely though Ive had to do some fabricating here and there, it's a project and they all need fab work.. lol... i'll start posting pics as i get them... i really want another chevelle or camaro so this may be only temporary but i've always liked the cabriolet look! I think finished i'll be in this car fairly cheap and double my money if i sell it... so it's now just fun buying cool parts! dakota digital, fab-9, 4wd, ididit column, just fun I tell you!.. and YES the manual is pretty useless...
Old 08-21-2011, 06:30 AM

Last photo:

Side Question: What do u call it?

Just a side question, when someone asks you "What is it?" or "What year is it?", what do you say?

I know, on my original '34 Ford Tudor, I can honestly say, "It's a '34 Ford."

But, with a street beast, built in 2001, with a '85 Mustang 5.0 underpinning, registered as a 2001 Replica Ford, what do you say? "It's a 2001 Mustang?", "It's kit car?", or, "It's a 'glass '34 Ford?" or something else... Also, how do you honestly classify it when entering a car show?

Thanks!

Bart in FL
Old 08-21-2011, 06:52 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsave
Just a side question, when someone asks you "What is it?" or "What year is it?", what do you say?

But, with a street beast, built in 2001, with a '85 Mustang 5.0 underpinning, registered as a 2001 Replica Ford, what do you say? "It's a 2001 Mustang?", "It's kit car?", or, "It's a 'glass '34 Ford?" or something else... Also, how do you honestly classify it when entering a car show?

Thanks!

Bart in FL
Why does that matter?......Sounds to me you are just trying to instigate an argument here.

Budget RVs
Old 08-21-2011, 08:30 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:

Thanks!

Bart in FL

Depends on the person doing the asking. A little old man/lady - a 'kit' car. Someone who might 'know', a SB '34 replica would work. Then there are variations of those themes. Anything but "It's ONLY a Street Beast".
Old 08-21-2011, 09:42 AM

Last photo:

Street beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Depends on the person doing the asking. A little old man/lady - a 'kit' car. Someone who might 'know', a SB '34 replica would work. Then there are variations of those themes. Anything but "It's ONLY a Street Beast".
Same as anyone else would answer it's a, you fill in the blank 34 Ford. If they go farther with it tell them. If it's not made by Henry IMHO they are all really kit cars. Just some way better than others. I call mine a 33, because I have a 33 grille in it.

Bob
Old 08-21-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Thanks!

Bart in FL

Im assuming you are a "purist" then and not a "hotrodder"... because with most hot rods they are pieced together modified cars... mustang II suspension, GM drive-train, fiberglass here/there, etc... my personal opinion is i'd rather have the "look" of the bodies made in the past with the convenience, comfort, handling and reliability of todays cars.... I think you are just trying to start an argument, maybe you should post that posting on club cobra, or any of the sites that are mainly kit cars.. My prefrence is a "hotrod" 34 over your "original" 34...
Old 08-21-2011, 10:30 AM

Last photo:

Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev-hell
Im assuming you are a "purist" then and not a "hotrodder"... because with most hot rods they are pieced together modified cars... mustang II suspension, GM drive-train, fiberglass here/there, etc... my personal opinion is i'd rather have the "look" of the bodies made in the past with the convenience, comfort, handling and reliability of todays cars.... I think you are just trying to start an argument, maybe you should post that posting on club cobra, or any of the sites that are mainly kit cars.. My prefrence is a "hotrod" 34 over your "original" 34...
Hey I'm a "purist" right. When I said if it's not made by Henry, I meant the body. And does this look like an "original 33. I think Poncho's right you are trying to stir the pot.

Just put this in the back of your mind, on this forum we don't really care what you drive, if you have a interest in cars great.

You could have said Street Rod 34, but then, now I'm stirring the pot.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front end valley grille 2.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	57708   Click image for larger version

Name:	side veiw 33.2JPG.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	57709  
Old 08-21-2011, 12:29 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

I think we all can at least agree that the manual is/was pretty much useless.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:29 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
Why does that matter?......Sounds to me you are just trying to instigate an argument here.
NO! not trying to get into an argument ~ seriously asking! I tend to be VERY straight forward about things... 60 years of experience with life... and it's always stumped me when someone asked that question about the car. All my others are actual year models ('34 Ford Tudor, 63 Ford Galaxie, 77 'Vette, 72 VW Beetle, '91 911, etc.) To me the 34 replica Ford is just as nice, drives like any other '34 Ford Hot Rod, but I just want to know how to HONESTLY represent it, in a way that is easily understood.. LABELS are nice!

Bart in FL
Old 08-21-2011, 03:51 PM

Last photo:

Street Beast

Quote:
NO! not trying to get into an argument ~ seriously asking! I tend to be VERY straight forward about things... 60 years of experience with life... and it's always stumped me when someone asked that question about the car. All my others are actual year models ('34 Ford Tudor, 63 Ford Galaxie, 77 'Vette, 72 VW Beetle, '91 911, etc.) To me the 34 replica Ford is just as nice, drives like any other '34 Ford Hot Rod, but I just want to know how to HONESTLY represent it, in a way that is easily understood.. LABELS are nice!

Bart in FL
Well at Btt50's car show in MN., one of the largest if not the largest car show in the country, on the entry form you just write 34 ford. It makes no difference if it steel or a reproduction of one. If you have one, that's how you should present it, if people ask more tell them. It's not a crime to drive a glass car, maybe at some shows, but then if they were that selective,I wouldn't go in the first place.

Bob
Old 08-21-2011, 03:54 PM

Last photo:

Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
I think we all can at least agree that the manual is/was pretty much useless.
Hey where you been? putting in some long ones on the car? How about some pictures.

Bob
Old 08-21-2011, 04:37 PM

Last photo:

Most car shows have a "modified" class, which would suit most '34 glass-bodied street rods, and any vehicle that is heavily modified. I refer to my Street Beast as a 1934 Ford fiberglass bodied replica. Anyone who knows antiques and classics could tell immediately if someone was attempting to pass a Beast off as the real thing. Call it what you want, it's still a pretty cool ride once you get it to where you want it.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:18 PM

Last photo:

Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardboy
Most car shows have a "modified" class, which would suit most '34 glass-bodied street rods, and any vehicle that is heavily modified. I refer to my Street Beast as a 1934 Ford fiberglass bodied replica. Anyone who knows antiques and classics could tell immediately if someone was attempting to pass a Beast off as the real thing. Call it what you want, it's still a pretty cool ride once you get it to where you want it.
We are talking 2 different kind of shows You are talking a one day show with a few hundred cars. A show that has classes.

I'm talking a show that goes on for 3 days and has 12,000 cars, no classes no trophies, 300 vendors, I don't even know how many hundreds of swappers. The people running the show don't care what you are driving as long as it is 64 and older and or looks like a car in that time period, no trucks or bikes, with or without engines.
They don't ask what it's made of, so I don't do the extra writing. Simple.

Bob
Old 08-21-2011, 05:22 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

I don't think it matters one way or the other as long as you bill a replica as what it is.... a replica. Be it steel, fiberglass or papermache. My Deuce is a glass car and if someone asks that's about the first thing I tell them. When it comes right down to it, the only place it would make any difference is in a judged show where there was a distinction made between stock and modified. Anyone who would try to pass off a glass car as a "stock" vehicle (unless it's a Corvette or some other stock glass bodied car) should be booted from the show anyway. In non judged shows it doesn't matter. The NSRA (may they rest in piece) makes no distinction between steel or glass... but it does pay to be honest, so if its a reproduction or replica then the owner should say so if asked.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

“If money is what makes cars fast, mine otta be going 400 miles an hour!". - Felix Sabates

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.