Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions. - Page 16 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #226 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2011, 05:36 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,310
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
I don't think it matters one way or the other as long as you bill a replica as what it is.... a replica. Be it steel, fiberglass or papermache. My Deuce is a glass car and if someone asks that's about the first thing I tell them. When it comes right down to it, the only place it would make any difference is in a judged show where there was a distinction made between stock and modified. Anyone who would try to pass off a glass car as a "stock" vehicle (unless it's a Corvette or some other stock glass bodied car) should be booted from the show anyway. In non judged shows it doesn't matter. The NSRA (may they rest in piece) makes no distinction between steel or glass... but it does pay to be honest, so if its a reproduction or replica then the owner should say so if asked.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

“If money is what makes cars fast, mine otta be going 400 miles an hour!". - Felix Sabates
I agree, You would have to have a pretty nice glass car to try and pass it for steet IMO. Or a very small brain, Again JMO.

Bob

Centerline That was nice of you to say those kind words to NSRA. LMAO

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #227 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Centerline]I don't think it matters one way or the other as long as you bill a replica as what it is.... a replica. Be it steel, fiberglass or papermache. My Deuce is a glass car and if someone asks that's about the first thing I tell them. When it comes right down to it, the only place it would make any difference is in a judged show where there was a distinction made between stock and modified. Anyone who would try to pass off a glass car as a "stock" vehicle (unless it's a Corvette or some other stock glass bodied car) should be booted from the show anyway. In non judged shows it doesn't matter. The NSRA (may they rest in piece) makes no distinction between steel or glass... but it does pay to be honest, so if its a reproduction or replica then the owner should say so if asked.

Centerline
[I]
I cannot imagine someone trying to pass a fiberglass as a metal in a judged show.. pretty hard to pass that one off! I agree that in any show, you present it as it is. I guess I'll just continue to represent mine as a '34 replica and leave it at that.
Thanks
Bart in FL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #228 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered User
 
Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,267
Wiki Edits: 49

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsave

Centerline

I cannot imagine someone trying to pass a fiberglass as a metal in a judged show.. pretty hard to pass that one off! I agree that in any show, you present it as it is. I guess I'll just continue to represent mine as a '34 replica and leave it at that.
Thanks
Bart in FL
Doesn't have to be a fiberglass replica. There are some pretty nice steel reproductions around too. Brookville Roadster makes a very nice steel 32 3 window coupe and if done correctly, only a knowledgeable deuce guy would be able to tell the difference. There are also a couple excellent glass bodies that with some very minor mods could appear to be stock steel. The only way for most people to tell would be to stick a magnet against the body. The point is that it could be done if someone was bound and determined to be dishonest and do it.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #229 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2011, 04:54 AM
brickyardboy's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 593
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Doesn't have to be a fiberglass replica. There are some pretty nice steel reproductions around too. Brookville Roadster makes a very nice steel 32 3 window coupe and if done correctly, only a knowledgeable deuce guy would be able to tell the difference. There are also a couple excellent glass bodies that with some very minor mods could appear to be stock steel. The only way for most people to tell would be to stick a magnet against the body. The point is that it could be done if someone was bound and determined to be dishonest and do it.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." - Albert Einstein
I'm sure that's happened before. I've seen certain muscle cars (60's Mopars, Chevy Novas, etc.) clones trying to be being passed off as factory big block cars to the unsuspecting buyers, and unless you're savvy, you've just been screwed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #230 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SoCal
Age: 44
Posts: 0
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You guys rock

Thanks for picking up where Street Beast left off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #231 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2011, 04:19 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,310
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingLarry
Thanks for picking up where Street Beast left off.
I guess I missed something, are you saying thanks for helping people where Street Beast didn't, or are you saying something else? This thread is for people that have the cars and need help with them. If you need help just ask. if not just read or give answers that will help. Please don't bash the cars as we have heard it all, and this forum is about helping, life is too short.

Welcome to the forum.

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #232 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2011, 05:30 PM
JGK95's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 237
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 74
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
Hey where you been? putting in some long ones on the car? How about some pictures.

Bob
Hi Bob,

All good here. In a series of unfortunate events, our shop is moving at a very slow pace. They're good people, but the gent working on our car, his father passed away and we'd rather wait for him than use someone else on the build.

Thanks for askin' Bob,

Jay K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #233 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:24 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,310
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Hi Bob,

All good here. In a series of unfortunate events, our shop is moving at a very slow pace. They're good people, but the gent working on our car, his father passed away and we'd rather wait for him than use someone else on the build.

Thanks for askin' Bob,

Jay K.
I thought you and your dad were building it, you win the lottery.

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #234 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:26 PM
ffas23's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
I thought you and your dad were building it, you win the lottery.

Bob
I think the last time I read something about his car he mentioned that he wasn't going to do any fiberglass work himself and was looking to send that work out to someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #235 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
I guess I missed something, are you saying thanks for helping people where Street Beast didn't, or are you saying something else? This thread is for people that have the cars and need help with them. If you need help just ask. if not just read or give answers that will help. Please don't bash the cars as we have heard it all, and this forum is about helping, life is too short. :thumb up: Bob
Oh, I'm NOT bashing mine! I got a great deal and am enjoying the heck out of it! Rebuilding the AOD tranny as we "speak"! Which I wouldn't do if I wasn't really appreciative of the car! I thrash this around like it'll take it all day, an haven't done that with ANY of my other rods in quite a while! I've been considering pin stripping "Made in Miami, USA" on the back trunk lid! Proud of her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #236 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:43 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,310
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsave
Oh, I'm NOT bashing mine! I got a great deal and am enjoying the heck out of it! Rebuilding the AOD tranny as we "speak"! Which I wouldn't do if I wasn't really appreciative of the car! I thrash this around like it'll take it all day, an haven't done that with ANY of my other rods in quite a while! I've been considering pin stripping "Made in Miami, USA" on the back trunk lid! Proud of her!
Just wasn't sure which way you were going, I have been running like a chicken with it's head cutoff, on too many threads.

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #237 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2011, 07:47 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,310
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
I think the last time I read something about his car he mentioned that he wasn't going to do any fiberglass work himself and was looking to send that work out to someone else.

Oh I thought they would have been done by now. Just kidding jay

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #238 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2011, 01:12 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,310
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Street Beast builds....Tips, Problems and Solutions

We still have people looking for help, so I thought I would move this Forward again.

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #239 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2011, 07:08 AM
JGK95's Avatar
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 237
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 74
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
In a hat tip to Randy aka NEW INTERIORS, we'll be molding the floor to the body as his suggestion was a better one. There's a gentleman who shows up to the shop every cruise night who's already built several of these cars. He also mentioned the same approach as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #240 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Misc Parts Search: wipers & rear lamps/ lens

Need to replace wiper arms/blades on the bottom mounted wipers of a '34 Coupe SB. Anyone know supplier/ part #'s? Having a heck of a time finding replacements that fit/work...

Also, broke rear lamp on same vehicle, are the supplied teardrop assemblies the same as what is sold for other '34; i.e. '39 teardrops? I ordered a set from Speedway yesterday and got to thinking that maybe they're different. Advise?

Thanks!

Bart in FL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
texastomeh
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
street beast Kirk Gregory Introduce Yourself 3 09-04-2008 06:49 PM
street beast Kirk Gregory Introduce Yourself 1 10-05-2007 10:42 PM
My 33 Vicky Street Beast Fred Martin Introduce Yourself 4 12-06-2006 02:49 PM
Street Beast 41 Willys bobthetran Hotrodders' Lounge 17 05-04-2006 11:14 AM
Street Beast Company Dave E Shank Hotrodders' Lounge 6 10-02-2003 10:02 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.