Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions. - Page 17 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #241 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2011, 12:44 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,328
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Street beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsave
Need to replace wiper arms/blades on the bottom mounted wipers of a '34 Coupe SB. Anyone know supplier/ part #'s? Having a heck of a time finding replacements that fit/work...

Also, broke rear lamp on same vehicle, are the supplied teardrop assemblies the same as what is sold for other '34; i.e. '39 teardrops? I ordered a set from Speedway yesterday and got to thinking that maybe they're different. Advise?

Thanks!

Bart in FL
They should all be the same. If you would have looked, around other places sell just the lens, could have saved some money.

As far as the wipers, if you have one you can measure it and call, someone like Bob Drake, Carpenter, Yogi's might have them,Cody Parr, Just to name a few.

If you don't have one, or a wiper arm you could do some measuring to find what you need.

Bob

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #242 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
They should all be the same. If you would have looked, around other places sell just the lens, could have saved some money.
Good point, but had some corrosion in the bucket as well... plus the single bulb/dual filament seems to be brighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
far as the wipers, if you have one you can measure it and call, someone like Bob Drake, Carpenter, Yogi's might have them,Cody Parr, Just to name a few.
have yet to find anyone willing to measure their inventory item for me... so thought if anyone else had already "been there, done that..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #243 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2011, 01:27 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,328
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsave
Good point, but had some corrosion in the bucket as well... plus the single bulb/dual filament seems to be brighter



have yet to find anyone willing to measure their inventory item for me... so thought if anyone else had already "been there, done that..."
Got ya on the light.

On the wiper do you have either one, the wiper arm or wiper.

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #244 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
Got ya on the light.

On the wiper do you have either one, the wiper arm or wiper.

Bob
have both pieces of one, but the wiper blade no longer mates to the arm... tried glue, JB Weld, etc... other wiper is long lost..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #245 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2011, 01:36 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,328
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsave
have both pieces of one, but the wiper blade no longer mates to the are... tried glue, JB Weld, etc.
So you just have the wiper blade, not the arm that holds the blade?

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #246 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
So you just have the wiper blade, not the arm that holds the blade?

Bob
Have both the arm and the blade, but it is broken apart where normally the blade would attach to the arm. Cannot insert them & have them hold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #247 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2011, 01:52 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,328
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Street Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsave
Have both the arm and the blade, but it is broken apart where normally the blade would attach to the arm. Cannot insert them & have them hold.
Take your pieces to a napa and they will have or get them.

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #248 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Key Largo, Fl.
Posts: 1
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cowl vent for 34 CMC coupe

I hope some one has done this before. I just don't like AC, and wish to find a a way to install a cowl vent in my 34 coupe. I've looked but haven't spotted any one with a kit. Thank's guy's. Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #249 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2011, 12:11 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,328
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Street beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big dog 34
I hope some one has done this before. I just don't like AC, and wish to find a a way to install a cowl vent in my 34 coupe. I've looked but haven't spotted any one with a kit. Thank's guy's. Jim
Well I think it could be done, but you would have to make brackets so the cowl swings and also for the handle. You would almost need to get the stuff off of a real 34, and it still might not work. To me they are more trouble than they are worth. Dirt blows around, they take up room for something you might need more. JMO.

I have one in my 46 never open it, same in my 35 Terraplane, just never open, any little bit of dirt and it's flying around.

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #250 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Jason0779
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denton Texas
Age: 27
Posts: 0
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
streetbeast help

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum and was looking for some information. Me and my father have been rebuilding a streetbeast 34 Ford coupe. We made the mistake of buying the car without seeing it, but whats done is done and what wasn't done right the first time soon will be. The car was fully assembled and a good driver when we got it, but my dad noticed some imperfections in the paint and decided almost immediately he wanted to paint it. Upon further inspection we noticed some places where the previous owner had cut a few corners. We decided to tear the car completely apart and rebuild it the way we wanted it. I had a few questions and was hoping someone out there could help me out. First off has anyone ever had any issues with one of your front fenders being wider than the other ( driver side is about 3/4 to 1'' wider). Second, I was pretty sure these cars came with 5x4.5 bolt patterns (generally Ford 8.8's or 9") but I was measuring the wheels the other day and noticed that it has 5x4-3/4. Is that unnusual? Camaro rear end maybe? Different front hubs? Last questions, for now, what combo wheel set ups are you guys running. We like torq thurt's, and more of a old school look with more tire in the back then giant wheels. Mayble 14's front, 15's back. Not sure what kind of backspacing to use though. Currently the car has 15x11's with 7"BS in the rear with no rubbing. The wide rear tires look great and do not rub, however we dont want to go with smoothies & white walls. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks Abunch,
Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #251 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2011, 09:43 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,328
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Streetbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason0779
Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum and was looking for some information. Me and my father have been rebuilding a streetbeast 34 Ford coupe. We made the mistake of buying the car without seeing it, but whats done is done and what wasn't done right the first time soon will be. The car was fully assembled and a good driver when we got it, but my dad noticed some imperfections in the paint and decided almost immediately he wanted to paint it. Upon further inspection we noticed some places where the previous owner had cut a few corners. We decided to tear the car completely apart and rebuild it the way we wanted it. I had a few questions and was hoping someone out there could help me out. First off has anyone ever had any issues with one of your front fenders being wider than the other ( driver side is about 3/4 to 1'' wider). Second, I was pretty sure these cars came with 5x4.5 bolt patterns (generally Ford 8.8's or 9") but I was measuring the wheels the other day and noticed that it has 5x4-3/4. Is that unnusual? Camaro rear end maybe? Different front hubs? Last questions, for now, what combo wheel set ups are you guys running. We like torq thurt's, and more of a old school look with more tire in the back then giant wheels. Mayble 14's front, 15's back. Not sure what kind of backspacing to use though. Currently the car has 15x11's with 7"BS in the rear with no rubbing. The wide rear tires look great and do not rub, however we dont want to go with smoothies & white walls. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks Abunch,
Jason
Jason get a beer and get ready. First off welcome to the board.

My front fenders were not right, my back fender on the drivers side was a inch to wide so that meant the running board was too wide.
First off I wanted my front fenders to come down over the tire, as the front cross member is too wide. I have a older car, I don't think this was ever fixed by SB. So I had to widen the front fenders 2" each. I did all that by making a cut down the fender and onto the running board, I would keep opening them until I got 2"'s, and no pressure on it to pull back, so I had a big pie cut 3/4 of the way down the running board. Glassed it all together, a friend worked on one side, me on the other. Got done and put the hood sides on, the grille in, ( which had been laid back 3" already.) After putting it all together I noticed that the angle from the top of the fender to the bottom of the inside of the fender were not the same. There was no way that I was going to get that right. Check yours the drivers side was right on mine but could have been wider, as the other fender from the crown to the inner bottom was a steeper angle and would have made that fender not as wide.

I decided to cut the front fenders off and put different ones on. I ordered some Wescot fenders, They were already 2"'s wider. I measured everything out, so that I could cut them and fit them to the part was still on the car. When I cut the old fenders off I had to leave the part under the grille, as that was laid back. Got it all back together, I think it looks pretty good for all that we had to do.

I put a Jag rearend in mine that had Chev bolt pattern, so when I did the front I had it the same. I don't remember what size tires I have. Tires and wheels are pretty much what will fit and what you like. I will post some pictures of mine. I don't have the wheels or tires on it, also nothing is fitted in these pictures.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers side 33.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	59865   Click image for larger version

Name:	front end valley grille 3 JPG.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	59866   Click image for larger version

Name:	front end valley grille 2.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	59867   Click image for larger version

Name:	side veiw 33.2JPG.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	59868   Click image for larger version

Name:	tail  lights 1 33.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	59869  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #252 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2011, 10:37 PM
35terraplane's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MN, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Age: 70
Posts: 1,328
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
Street beast

Here is some more. Oops got one twice.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33ford 1989_1.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	911.4 KB
ID:	59870   Click image for larger version

Name:	gas door 33.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	59872   Click image for larger version

Name:	33ford 1989_2.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	1,011.4 KB
ID:	59874   Click image for larger version

Name:	front end valley grille 2.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	59875  

Last edited by 35terraplane; 11-16-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #253 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Jason0779
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denton Texas
Age: 27
Posts: 0
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey thanks alot for the quick response. We are planning on priming this weekend and still trying to decide if we want to cut the fenders off and replace them, or how we are going to work this out. My dad is good with fiberglass but we'll find out how good. When you put your new fenders on did you glass them to the body of leave them seperate? I pulled the rear end out yesterday and i'm pretty sure its a Ford 8.8, however having the 5x4-3/4 axles it confused me. I looked into it a little more and it comes out to 5x120.7 mm which seems to have been standard in older camaros. I found this casting number on it E4DW 8A and a Ford stamp. I'm going to post a few pictures if I can figure it out. I only have a few but the first one is what the car looked like when we first got it a few months ago (not sure why the mini 14 is posing with the car). Theres one of our motor, I know I know, SBC.. But thats what we had here. 383 with 10.5 to 1 pistons, L98 Aluminum Heads and a good size Comp Roller cam, Scat rods, Sanderson headers. Oh and three 2's that just came in today to finish the motor ( Need to be painted). Also a pic of the rear end and the car a few days ago before I pulled the motor out.
Thanks again for any help,
Jason
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0204.jpg
Views:	1064
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	59918   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-11-17 19.17.51.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	59919   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-11-16 17.18.49.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	59920   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-09-20 19.53.17.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	59921  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #254 (permalink)  
Old 11-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Jason0779
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denton Texas
Age: 27
Posts: 0
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One other thing. I'm not trying to start ANY confrontation with anyone, by any means, but why do sooo many people bash street beasts. I didnt discover this untill after we acquired the car, but it almost made me wonder if we made a mistake. I'm about having a good time, building things you like and enjoying them, and I fully intend to do that. But at the same time I read some of these forums and its abunch of down talking on how bad street beast cars are. I'd like to think the one we got was pretty nice but still had it flaws, I know it'll be a nice car when we are done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #255 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Elllington Missouri
Posts: 13
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Lots of opinions out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason0779
One other thing. I'm not trying to start ANY confrontation with anyone, by any means, but why do sooo many people bash street beasts. I didnt discover this untill after we acquired the car, but it almost made me wonder if we made a mistake. I'm about having a good time, building things you like and enjoying them, and I fully intend to do that. But at the same time I read some of these forums and its abunch of down talking on how bad street beast cars are. I'd like to think the one we got was pretty nice but still had it flaws, I know it'll be a nice car when we are done.
It's a long story I guess, not really worth getting into. I bought my 34 when the company was Fiberfab/Classic Motor Carriage many years ago... they went bankrupt and I guess it reformed as streetbeast. It took a while for me to get all the parts that were missing on my car and I never finished the car. But now I'm getting back at it again with my new shop going up. My advise, just enjoy your project, there's many opinions out there and at this point it doesn't really matter, you've got the car, just build it.
No matter what project car you bought, real steel or fiberglass there's flaws and things that have to be done to get it on the road. My 50 Merc and 57 Chevy PU will take many hours to build and lots of bodywork. But it will be fun. Here's a really good resource, you can download YouTube videos and keep the how to stuff for reference. I have a complete set of DIY Stuff for the StreetBeast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDULQUCqOPA Pete tells how to do every aspect of the build. This is stuff you will not find anywhere else, tricks of the trade that will help you get things right as you build your car. Hope it helps out. Just type in streetbeast on Youtube lots of info there. Have a great time building your car... that's what it's all about!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
street beast Kirk Gregory Introduce Yourself 3 09-04-2008 07:49 PM
street beast Kirk Gregory Introduce Yourself 1 10-05-2007 11:42 PM
My 33 Vicky Street Beast Fred Martin Introduce Yourself 4 12-06-2006 03:49 PM
Street Beast 41 Willys bobthetran Hotrodders' Lounge 17 05-04-2006 12:14 PM
Street Beast Company Dave E Shank Hotrodders' Lounge 6 10-02-2003 11:02 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.