Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions. - Page 23 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey guys we picked up this 98% completed fiberfab 34 earlier this summer. It needs a new master cylinder and booster. I can not for the life of me figure out which one was used on the car. It is a nice setup and I would like to replace it with the same thing. Anybody have any idea what this came off of? It is very similar to a mustang II booster and master but the 4 bolt holes that mount it to the firewall appear to be in the wrong locations and the brake lines on a mustang II setup go in the master cylinder on the outside of the master instead of the inside engine side like the one that is on the car now.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 01:22 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

That thing is so full of ugly, that I'd buy a new one and start all over.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:48 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95 View Post
That thing is so full of ugly, that I'd buy a new one and start all over.

The master and booster is shot. I finally figured out what it is. 79 to 88 V8 mustang.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 PM
48 Ford Pickup, 34 Ford Coupe

Last photo:

Need a set of hinges for 34 Ford streetbeast kit car

Hello, I'm new here and could use a little bit of help. I'm in the process of buying a 34 Ford Coupe Streetbeast kit car that hasn't been finished, so I plan to build it to completion. Unfortunately there are a couple of missing parts that I need. The suicide door hinges that attach to the door part are missing. I have the back posts but not the hinge on the door. Since Streetbeasts no longer is in business, does anyone know of a source for these parts that are a direct fit. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Old 12-06-2012, 08:11 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead1964 View Post
If no one else can help you sooner I have a 34 Ford (classic Motor Carriage/same as streetbeast) Coupe in storage (never put it together yet). I can take pictures and draw you up some detailed plans so you can build your own, as soon as I finish my shop in a month or so and get the car moved. If I can make my way to the back of the storage shed and find the parts I'll do it sooner. I also have some other resources that may be of help/interest if your not already aware of them. If you are interested just send me a private message and I'll give you my email address...
Hello Gearhead, I also have a 34 Ford 3 window Street Beast kit. I bought it unfinished and am in need of 2 sets of door hinges. I have the posts but need the hinge part that attaches to the door.
If you have a source for these hinges at a resonable price I could use it.
Thanks,
Daryl
Old 12-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Hinges are not an easy item to find. Here's a link to Hagan, they're not cheap but I have heard of no complaints. There's also a video on you tube on installing them. Hagan Street Rods
dhvoorhees (12-07-2012)
Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 PM

Last photo:

Hi Daryl,

Welcome to the best website on the web for help with your Streetbeasts. My build is presently on page two and has lots of descriptive photos. My build thread is titled "Street Beasts '34 build starts".

Separately, I highly recommend contacting people on eBay who are selling their incomplete Streetbeasts builds and asking them to sell you parts off of their kits. That's how I was able to buy a replacement shell for my 34 roadster from Streetbeasts. The other route is to either fabricate your own parts via a welder or purchase them from catalogs.

Best of luck with your pursuit, if you have any questions there are lots of people on here that are willing to help you out.

Jay K.
The Following User Says Thank You to JGK95 For This Useful Post:
dhvoorhees (12-07-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 PM

Last photo:

gas tank vs Fuel cell

I think I'm going to have a lot of questions about parts and what people have used. Besides door hinges, there's the fuel tank. I would like to get as large a tank as possible without taking up room in the tank with a fuel cell. I can use a pretty large capacity fuel cell, but has anyone used a tank that mounts on the bottom side of the frame like a standard car has? If you have a source online and can list the seller that would be appreciated. The next question is about power windows. Alot of you guys use them and if you have a part number and source that would be great Thanks Daryl.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 AM

Last photo:

My under-car fuel tank is a 10 gal, ss tank, that I believe came with the car from SB. There shouldn't be a problem having one fabricated to fit your space requirements. Do you already have the window glass? My power windows came from "Specialty Power Windows" of Forsyth, GA. If you go online, you can view their products. They also make windshield wiper kits if you need it.

www.specialtypowerwindows.com
The Following User Says Thank You to brickyardboy For This Useful Post:
dhvoorhees (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM

Last photo:

Thanks BrickYard. I had bought the car a couple of generations from the original owner and a lot of parts have been lost or missing. I'll have to check on prices for a custom made tank and/or just go with a premade fuel cell and put it in the trunk.
I got prices on glass from the local auto glass shop for the fron/back and side windows. What I didn't decide on was the mechanism for the side windows. It looks like the power window unit from SpecialtyPowerWindows is what I need. I've seen some from SpeedwayMotors and SummitRacing websites that might be a little cheaper. Not sure if the quality is cheaper too. I have a little time before I need them but I'll investigate.
Bought a lot of parts over the weekend from online vendors. Prices will be probably be increasing after the first of the year and some have low cost shipping right now.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 PM

Last photo:

electric windows

Pete at SWRNC uses Electric Life. I have a similar problem. No door glass at all for my Vicky. I am still looking for someone with un-assembled parts so I can make a pattern. No cheap way to get a set customized.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:13 PM

Last photo:

Door Hinges

I am in the process of hanging my doors on my Vicky. If you are anywhere near Oklahoma, you are welcome to come and look at them or I can try to draw them up for you. Mine are already mounted on the car, but I can take one off for a sample to look at or send pics. I doubt that Hagan or anyone else is going to get you what you need. Although they are very simple, the angles and bends are critical to good fit and function.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowraker View Post
Pete at SWRNC uses Electric Life.
Same here. Quality stuff!!

Street Beasts '34 build starts
Old 12-14-2012, 03:54 PM

Last photo:

Door Hinges

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowraker View Post
I am in the process of hanging my doors on my Vicky. If you are anywhere near Oklahoma, you are welcome to come and look at them or I can try to draw them up for you. Mine are already mounted on the car, but I can take one off for a sample to look at or send pics. I doubt that Hagan or anyone else is going to get you what you need. Although they are very simple, the angles and bends are critical to good fit and function.
I'm in Maryland so Oklahoma would be a bit far to come out and see it in person. All of the pictures here are really helpful, so I think I can get them made easily. . Thanks for the offer. Do you have the angle of the hinge between the door and the jam. It looks like it's about 45 degrees.
I just stopped by the local metal supply company on my way home from work and they had scrap pieces of 1/4" that would work fine. They used the "Break Cutter" and made me the correct width and length of material. I just have to get the angle bend just right and drill out for the mounting bolts. Got the round tube also so I have to just weld the round tube for the door hinge pin.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:26 PM

Last photo:

Door hinge

The angle of the bend in the hinge is 115 degrees.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.