Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions. - Page 26 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Guy's,, You know by taking the spring and shock tower out, And adding coilovers inside the frame rails, And also taking out the bottom arm and adding one four-bar in it's place straite front to back,, You open up that wheel well so much more for a bigger tire...Did mind this way..Wish I had the pictures to show y'all.. Makes it much better,, You leave the top bars alone..

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 08:05 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Your firewall swivel bearing is different than ours. I am kind of confused as to what was done here to get this like this?
Ours was aftermarket. I don't recall if it was Billet Specialties or Lokar.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:27 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Your firewall swivel bearing is different than ours. I am kind of confused as to what was done here to get this like this?

And here is ours. The column is pushed all the way in as far as it can go here.

The first picture is the right way to install a column in a car.. You have a swivel bearing,, That's different then the first picture,,, You want the column to stick pass the firewall like in the first picture..Someone put the wrong thing in your car..

This is what you need to make it work right...Once it's locked into place,, Nothing moves..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqJHJE0E+6sm-,S5BQWM1ovRQw~~60_57.jpg
Views:	2455
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	75028  
Old 06-28-2013, 09:22 AM

Last photo:

Are you looking for the irons and top or just the top? Folding or One Piece? I have a '34 Street Beast Cab and I am modding the existing irons and having a local upholstery shop make me a new top to fit. A good shop can make one just the way you want it. Southwest Rod and Custom sells a custom one piece top for $1800 unpainted. Speedway has a decent set of irons at the best price. If you keep googling, you will find more.

BTW, I read through all of the posts and I can't help myself... I just gotta say.... to all you experts out there who invented the street rod and have written the book on whats right and whats wrong, if by now you haven't figgered it out, most of us don't give a damn whether you like our cars.... as long as I like it, you can stuff fish... As a 61 year old, I have had a bunch of boats, cars and bikes... and there is ALWAYS some genius who will walk up and make some comment...." I don't like highboys, I don't like roadsters, I like fenders, I don't like fenders, I prefer red cars, I like wood boats, that's a nice boat if you like clorox bottles, I coulda bought that car cheaper, there's too much bondo in that car, and my favorite, If it aint steel it aint real"... always someone ready to piss on your parade. Well, I bought and built my cars for me and if you are like me, you really don't give a rats *** whether someone else likes the wheel spacing, color, fenders, exhaust tips, motor, etc.....etc.... you do your thing and I'll do mine and God Bless you but I really, really don't care if you like me or my car.... I currently have a steel 37 business coupe that is driving me to drinkin' and my 34 Street beast cabrio that I just jump in and drive.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:39 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarlover View Post
Are you looking for the irons and top or just the top? Folding or One Piece? I have a '34 Street Beast Cab and I am modding the existing irons and having a local upholstery shop make me a new top to fit. A good shop can make one just the way you want it. Southwest Rod and Custom sells a custom one piece top for $1800 unpainted. Speedway has a decent set of irons at the best price. If you keep googling, you will find more.

I currently have a steel 37 business coupe that is driving me to drinkin' and my 34 Street beast cabrio that I just jump in and drive.
OCL,

Thanks for the info and makin me smile!

As SB's greatly damaged name moves into the ether, people will look solely at the construction of the individual car. Sure there will be the "real steel" crowd but those people will just jump in their Corvette or Chris Craft boat and not realize what they've just said. I don't sweat 'em. I just don't care!

Keep Rockin!

Jay K.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:51 AM

Last photo:

Thanks... I love all the meatheads and knucklheads I run into at cruises and shows despite their humanity!!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:39 PM

Last photo:

Quote:

BTW, I read through all of the posts and I can't help myself... I just gotta say.... to all you experts out there who invented the street rod and have written the book on whats right and whats wrong, if by now you haven't figgered it out, most of us don't give a damn whether you like our cars.... as long as I like it, you can stuff fish... As a 61 year old, I have had a bunch of boats, cars and bikes... and there is ALWAYS some genius who will walk up and make some comment...." I don't like highboys, I don't like roadsters, I like fenders, I don't like fenders, I prefer red cars, I like wood boats, that's a nice boat if you like clorox bottles, I coulda bought that car cheaper, there's too much bondo in that car, and my favorite, If it aint steel it aint real"... always someone ready to piss on your parade. Well, I bought and built my cars for me and if you are like me, you really don't give a rats *** whether someone else likes the wheel spacing, color, fenders, exhaust tips, motor, etc.....etc.... you do your thing and I'll do mine and God Bless you but I really, really don't care if you like me or my car.... I currently have a steel 37 business coupe that is driving me to drinkin' and my 34 Street beast cabrio that I just jump in and drive.
Sir if your talking about me.. I'm sorry you feel this way.. With that said when I first came here I was beat up very bad for having a street beast,,, And fought back,,, And wanted to prove the street beast could be made better,, Now I didn't want to say anymore here and just watched the people having trouble with their build's,,

Not meaning to say I know it all,, But I do build custom cars,,, As far as the street beast goes,, I made some very nice changes that street beast even told me on the phone that couldn't be done,,,

Well I proved them wrong,,, They even went as far as contacting me and asking me to send pictures of the improvements I made...And I did... Some time after I sent in the pictures I got another phone call asking if I wanted to come to FL. to run their engineer department..I thought that was funny..

Later I found that they did make some changes, Not sure what they was... But think I know...

Something you may not know about me is...I sent my Manuel to someone I didn't even know..Free of charge.. I also spent Hours on the phone with people all over the USA and other place's as well... This was my time I gave up for others..A long with all the emails,And Pm's..

But that's the person I am.. I did go back and re-read this Thread and can see where I might have been taken wrong,,,, I also said More then once I wasn't trying to cut NO Ones car down..

Also got into a few heated post as well,, But Also made piece with the ones that took me the wrong way... Now if you also took me the wrong way,, Sorry for that as well,,, But if your post wasn't about me.. Sorry again... If it was about me.. Hang around and see just how many people I try to Help here.. Ask Jay (JGK95) about the times I spent with him on the phone..And Never had the chance to meet him..

As far as me cutting down your car.. I'm not like that.. Even If I didn't like it...I love ALL custom cars.. Just some more then others..Randy
Old 06-28-2013, 05:08 PM

Last photo:

Randy,

I could've saved you the long diatribe to tell you that OldCarLover's remarks weren't directed at you.

Not at all.

Now get back out in the Garage and work on that beautiful Orange glass T-Bucket!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:56 PM

Last photo:

Whoa Nelly!! Thanks for understanding my rant...I was not referring to anyone in particular, more or less a class of individuals sometimes referred to in polite circles as know it alls or in less polite terms smart a**es who tend to crop up around mechanical devices and are quick to fulminate on their genius. Also referred to as self basting turkeys.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:49 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Whoa Nelly!! Thanks for understanding my rant...I was not referring to anyone in particular, more or less a class of individuals sometimes referred to in polite circles as know it alls or in less polite terms smart a**es who tend to crop up around mechanical devices and are quick to fulminate on their genius. Also referred to as self basting turkeys.
Amen to that! It does get old when these boneheads at car shows and cruises walk by and make their smart-*** "plastic toy" comments. Because it isn't steel, these same individuals won't even take the time and glance, and maybe appreciate all the hard work that was devoted to this plastic toy. I think most of the negative Street Beast comments left on this forum came from people that were left with incomplete cars when the company went belly up, or were unhappy with the fit and finish of some of the components of this kit. I've seen worse, and I've seen better kits, but you still have to finish it your way to be happy!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,327 Times in 1,151 Posts
It happens with all cars. My brother had a 39 Ford Standard. We heard stuff all the time, once a guy was "teaching" his buddy about cars and called it a 38 and my brother politely explained what it was the differences. The guy walked away telling is friend "It's still a 38". Or with my 48 Chevy pickup in the days when the rod runs were pre-49 only. OMG did I get crap from people, "It sure as hell looks a lot like my uncles 53" or "You fixed the pink to say 48" double .

Brian
Old 07-02-2013, 03:54 PM

Last photo:

Im still researching convertible tops for our '34 SB Roadster. I've already spoke to Sid Chavers about his Bop Top, but he'd only do it if the car was sent to his shop in CA. Heck, that'd cost the same as shipping the car West! So I reached out to Pete from Southwestern Rods n Customs about his convertible top solutions for our '34 Roadsters. As he's on vacation, he told me to reach out to him next week.

Stay tuned!

Jay K.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:52 PM

Last photo:

I have been looking through this thread and must have missed it. Has anybody managed to get exhaust all the way out the back of the 34 coupe? If so how did you do it? I see no way possible other than running the pipe under the axle housing.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:12 PM

Last photo:

I did but I have a Jag rear end in mine, I had to go over the axle and I had plenty of room. I think if you put the Ford rear end in it, you have to come out the side.
JMO but I don't like them coming out the side, but I don't know how you can get it out the back

Bob
Old 07-23-2013, 03:26 PM

Last photo:

We stopped shy of the rear wheel and exited underneath the back of the running boards. However, if you surf eBay Motors, you'll find a SB with them routed out the back every now and then.

Good luck,

Jay K.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.