Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions. - Page 6 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2011, 02:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Mine definitely has the rear cover. It is a 8.8 for sure as shown in the picture that came on later Mustangs. Learn something everyday as they say. Looks like the same rear end that is sitting in my daughters 2007 Mustang also.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 02:42 PM

Last photo:

Street beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
An 8.8 has a rear cover,,,,,,a 9" is the pot style where the whole gear pot bolts in from the front.

9"......

Poncho Why didn't you clean the first one up before the picture.LOL
Old 01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

It's the 8'' and 9'' that look the same..The best way to tell them apart is, If you can't put a socket on all the bolt's, It's a 8'' The bottom bolt on the PS of a 9'', You have to use a wrench.. A socket will not fit..
Old 01-08-2011, 03:08 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt167
just pointing it out.. an '89 Mustang did not come with a 9" Ford. it would have a 7.5" or an 8.8" depending on 4cyl or V8.. if it's got a 9", than it wasn't stock in the Stang to begin with

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS

I was going to post that here, But decided to just keep my mouth shut..

A street beast frame is set up to install a mustang rear end.. Any 9'' rear was as far as I know, Only INSTALLED ON LEAF SPRINGS.. As far as I know, Street beast ''NEVER'' set any of their cars up for leaf springs.. The cars are set up for triangular four bar only.. A 9'' would have came of a car with leaf springs..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 01-08-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:40 PM

Last photo:

Must we dwell on this 9" rear end? I told everyone here that I made a mistake in my discription of the '89 Mustang LX rear end I installed in my car back in 1992. Matt pointed it out to me. Once again sorry for the error of my discription. I also explained I did not know much about Fords never owning one up to that time when building my car. I only repeated what was told to me by the junkyard owner but I did install what CMC said would fit my car and all other '34 Coupe and Cabriolet kits they put out. Heck I build my car 19 years ago. Give me a break already.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:10 AM

Last photo:

street beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
Must we dwell on this 9" rear end? I told everyone here that I made a mistake in my discription of the '89 Mustang LX rear end I installed in my car back in 1992. Matt pointed it out to me. Once again sorry for the error of my discription. I also explained I did not know much about Fords never owning one up to that time when building my car. I only repeated what was told to me by the junkyard owner but I did install what CMC said would fit my car and all other '34 Coupe and Cabriolet kits they put out. Heck I build my car 19 years ago. Give me a break already.
NI answer was not aimed at you he was answering MATT167.
You have to not take every answer like it is aimed at you, when you post you can direct it to who you want. you seem a little tense there on your post. your going to have to take the negative posts or remarks, without getting upset, this thread is about how people build their Cmc/SB kits, there is going to be things said about building the cars that you didn't do, that does not mean your wrong, it just says there is more than one way to build the car.We have said the cars sit too high, because CMC gave you info that we think was wrong, are we right, more than likely not, as far as CMC goes, but as far as a 33 Ford Steet Rod goes I think we are. Will everyone agree with that, no They will go by the book, so who's right everyone.
We are going to have people ask how we built ours, and how you built yours, that's what it's all about so just play it cool. Give an answer when you can, every ones welcome.

Bob
Old 01-09-2011, 01:35 AM

Last photo:

I would say this.. I would never build one by the manual... NOTHING AT ALL was done on my car by the manual... And that's all I will say about that...
Old 01-09-2011, 06:51 AM

Great thread! Tips are informative, problems can solved and solutions are exactly can fix problems..
Old 01-09-2011, 09:03 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
NI answer was not aimed at you he was answering MATT167.
You have to not take every answer like it is aimed at you, when you post you can direct it to who you want. you seem a little tense there on your post. your going to have to take the negative posts or remarks, without getting upset, this thread is about how people build their Cmc/SB kits, there is going to be things said about building the cars that you didn't do, that does not mean your wrong, it just says there is more than one way to build the car.We have said the cars sit too high, because CMC gave you info that we think was wrong, are we right, more than likely not, as far as CMC goes, but as far as a 33 Ford Steet Rod goes I think we are. Will everyone agree with that, no They will go by the book, so who's right everyone.
We are going to have people ask how we built ours, and how you built yours, that's what it's all about so just play it cool. Give an answer when you can, every ones welcome.

Bob
Again I am being read in the wrong way here. I am not mad at anyone here but when New Interiors referring to the 9" Mustang Rear End really a 8.8" quoted: (I was going to post that here, But decided to just keep my mouth shut.. ) followed by the Big Smile "Smiley" I felt I was being made fun of. How else should one take that quote followed by that Smiley? If no Smiley I would of not said a thing. The Smiley tells it all. Why else would someone leave that particular Smiley if not to think something was funny or to make fun of someone. A cheap shot. Sorry but that is how I feel about this. I wasn't born yesterday. One other thing I am not offended in the least as to how I built my car. I happen to like the way my cars looks. You can build them anyway you want. I happened to go by the CMC manual and that is what I have been trying to say on this forum nothing more. Again to each his own. The manual can be confusing but it does tell you what needs to get done. If you want to do it differently it is up to you but don't let anyone make you think their way is the only way to do it.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:56 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Again I am being read in the wrong way here. I am not mad at anyone here but when New Interiors referring to the 9" Mustang Rear End really a 8.8" quoted: (I was going to post that here, But decided to just keep my mouth shut.. ) followed by the Big Smile "Smiley" I felt I was being made fun of. How else should one take that quote followed by that Smiley? If no Smiley I would of not said a thing. The Smiley tells it all. Why else would someone leave that particular Smiley if not to think something was funny or to make fun of someone. A cheap shot. Sorry but that is how I feel about this. I wasn't born yesterday. One other thing I am not offended in the least as to how I built my car. I happen to like the way my cars looks. You can build them anyway you want. I happened to go by the CMC manual and that is what I have been trying to say on this forum nothing more. Again to each his own. The manual can be confusing but it does tell you what needs to get done. If you want to do it differently it is up to you but don't let anyone make you think their way is the only way to do it.

Well I can say this.. It wasn't a cheap shot at you.. I had a funny feeling you didn't have a 9'', First because, The cars was never set up for a 9'', Yes you could have said I put a 9'',, But not by the Manuel.. Now the reason I had a smiley face.. Was I was going to post what he did, But decided not to stir the pot anymore,, And it was just funny he thought the same thing, about the same time.. Now I think YOUR the one reading me the wrong way.. If your going to post how you built your car,, Please try to do it right.. Someone here could have went out and buy a 9'', And wondered why it wouldn't have fit in their car... Instead of trying to fight with us about some stupid stuff. Your starting to remind me of the four owners of my car that tried to go by the manuel... I said I didn't want to get stated about the Manuel's,, All I can say, Is if your building one of these cars, And you want to use the Manuel, Just spend a little time reading it first,, Then decide if you really want to go by the Manuel,, They can build it anyway they want.. Just remember one little thing.. 10 years or so down the road when you may want to repaint the frame.. YOU CAN'T TAKE THE CAR OFF THE FRAME NO MORE... And my way isn't the only way..

Now to show YOU want kind of guy I really am,, I will do just what I said a few post back.. Just keep my mouth shut.. It's people like you, That make people like me, Not want to waste my time trying to help someone.. Now You try and Have a blessed day Sir..
Old 01-09-2011, 10:09 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Well I can say this.. It wasn't a cheap shot at you.. I had a funny feeling you didn't have a 9'', First because, The cars was never set up for a 9'', Yes you could have said I put a 9'',, But not by the Manuel.. Now the reason I had a smiley face.. Was I was going to post what he did, But decided not to stir the pot anymore,, And it was just funny he thought the same thing, about the same time.. Now I think YOUR the one reading me the wrong way.. If your going to post how you built your car,, Please try to do it right.. Someone here could have went out and buy a 9'', And wondered why it wouldn't have fit in their car... Instead of trying to fight with us about some stupid stuff. Your starting to remind me of the four owners of my car that tried to go by the manuel... I said I didn't want to get stated about the Manuel's,, All I can say, Is if your building one of these cars, And you want to use the Manuel, Just spend a little time reading it first,, Then decide if you really want to go by the Manuel,, They can build it anyway they want.. Just remember one little thing.. 10 years or so down the road when you may want to repaint the frame.. YOU CAN'T TAKE THE CAR OFF THE FRAME NO MORE... And my way isn't the only way..

Now to show YOU want kind of guy I really am,, I will do just what I said a few post back.. Just keep my mouth shut.. It's people like you, That make people like me, Not want to waste my time trying to help someone.. Now You try and Have a blessed day Sir..

Maybe I should do the same here and just keep quiet. I will tell you what. If the Moderators will just delete everything I have said here in this complete thread including my pictures of my '34 CMC I will leave this forum and go on my way. I don't want to be part of this forum anymore because of your attitude New Interior especially after your last quote here. Ok Mods will you accept what I want and I will leave freely here? Please let me know in a PM as soon as possible.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:25 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
[/U]

Maybe I should do the same here and just keep quiet. I will tell you what. If the Moderators will just delete everything I have said here in this complete thread including my pictures of my '34 CMC I will leave this forum and go on my way. I don't want to be part of this forum anymore because of your attitude New Interior especially after your last quote here. Ok Mods will you accept what I want and I will leave freely here? Please let me know in a PM as soon as possible.

Man !!! What is it that you have against me ??? I guess you took that the wrong way too.. I didn't mean anything against you.. Sorry If I rubbed you the wrong way.. Didn't mean too.. You seem to have something against me.. Why,, I guest Because I pointed out some problems here.. Anyone can do that on any car build.. It isn't just street beast cars.. I'm sorry if I may have said something to you wrong, Because I never wanted to do that to you are street beast, are anyone else here..Only here to help..

I really don't want to see you leave.. You have a street beast, So you would know about them also.. Everyone's help on this is needed.. Yours also.. I do agree that the Mods should take down.. All the post of everyone fighting.. This isn't what this thread is about.. We came here to only help.. But this is a hard thread not to say something that will hurt someone about their car.. I really don't see this thread staying on top the water.. I also feel like you.. They can take my post down also.. If it's going to come between us.. We don't need it here.. If anyone needs my help on this.. You know how to find me.. Sorry for all the fighting and misunderstanding here.. This isn't a way to help someone..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 01-09-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

OK...How about we just cool it and simmer down......Sometimes, things are said the wrong way and sometimes things are taken the wrong way....None of us is Charles Diickens, we just say what we feel at the moment.

I started this thread to help future SB builders, hopefully getting help from past SB builders. Just say what you did with your cars and lets try not to be judgmental.......

About deleting posts......We dont delete information on this forum...We delete duplicate posts and spam....thats it. Any information put on the forum is put there by the members and for other members to read.....
Old 01-09-2011, 10:47 AM

Last photo:

street beast

Quote:

ffas23 you are lucky that you have your car done, I really hope NI doesn't really not say anything on here anymore, there are going to be people come on here that are going to ask questions, and NI is one of the best on here to help IMHO. we will lose a great asset. Like I said in my other post, what he said was not aimed at you, I have this on NIs post, only because I hit the damn button to fast, but it was meant for you. You are going to have to learn to read these and get a thicker skin. This is what we didn't want on this thread, just building cars, I didn't use the manual, and I also can take my body off. Also my body is not the same as yours, if you read all the posts you will see that, I think my frame might have been different, I was going to ask NI that but never had a chance. I will find out.I also knew you didn't have a 9" but let it go because you had it together, when it was said it came out of a Mustang, I knew, but it doesn't make any difference, until you have to work on it. enough said on this lets move forward.

Bob
With that I will shut up.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;

Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I was writing my post when the ones before me came up, I sure didn't mean for you to leave, you have built one, you can help also, Everyone has different ideas so lets use them.

Bob

Last edited by 35terraplane; 01-09-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: add
Old 01-10-2011, 12:57 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
Randy's right look at this picture here I have somewhat of a deep dish wheel, these are not the wheels and tires I'm going to be using but it will give you an idea. I have a Jag rearend in mine, I'm not sure but I think it is 57", I will have to put it on the hoist to be sure. I'm going to use bigger tires and rims with a little less dish so I can get the tire over just a little bit. With a Mustang rear I couldn't do this without cutting it.

Bob
Bob you are looking good just be careful on the height of your tires in back. A 1/2" to 1" back set should look great and NOBODY will know the difference if you don't tell them. The fenders on the BEAST seems a little shallow ,to me any way. If you have a buddy that has the size tire you would like to use you can see if he will let you borrow one to try for fit.We did have a little trouble with tire rube until we went down one size tire and put MUSTANG GT springs under the thing in back. One more thing brothers was a VICKY and has a back seat. I would think it may be a little heaver in back. Oh we did use a 95 MUSTANG 8.8 REAR,a little wider but a 1/2" more back spacing fixed that and now it looks a lot like the pic. you posted just a bit more back under the fender.And yes the things are a PITA to build.

OLDROD

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.