Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Street Beast builds......Tips, problems and solutions.

Street Beasts is out of business, so is their tech support.
A couple of us thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where
tips, questions and solutions regarding these car kits can be discussed and hopefully solved. We seem to have a number of newer members with these kits and a number of members that have built these cars and have solved many of the problems. This thread would give these members to get together with their common problems and solutions.

We did have some employees of the company on our board a while back. Their input would be welcome I am sure too.

BTW, this thread is about the build, not the company that produced these kits. The mods will be monitoring the thread and talk of the company and policies of the company will be edited out or deleted, whatever it takes to keep it just about the build......so, lets keep it that way.

Since this thread will discuss a number of different subjects, from body to framework to suspensions etc, I thought it might be best to have this thread in the lounge.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 05:04 PM

Last photo:

Street beasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
Street Beasts is out of business, so is their tech support.
A couple of us thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where
tips, questions and solutions regarding these car kits can be discussed and hopefully solved. We seem to have a number of newer members with these kits and a number of members that have built these cars and have solved many of the problems. This thread would give these members to get together with their common problems and solutions.

We did have some employees of the company on our board a while back. Their input would be welcome I am sure too.

BTW, this thread is about the build, not the company that produced these kits. The mods will be monitoring the thread and talk of the company and policies of the company will be edited out or deleted, whatever it takes to keep it just about the build......so, lets keep it that way.

Since this thread will discuss a number of different subjects, from body to framework to suspensions etc, I thought it might be best to have this thread in the lounge.
Poncho, I will be glad to help on this, some of these young guys have got the kits, and are going to find out they are not always just put together kits.I see NI gave thumbs up on it, he has built them, and I'm sure there are others, And I'm sure that not all of us have built them the same so we can help in many ways, sounds like fun. Great idea.

Bob

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional...
Old 01-03-2011, 07:55 PM

Last photo:

I am here to extend any help that I can in building the 34 Coupe although its been quite a while since I have built mine from Classic Motor Carriages. One good thing is that I am still driving and enjoying my car when weather permits which should give some hope to those who haven't finished their cars or picked up unfinished kits that someone else did not finish. This thread could be a great help to those that need it and I think it is a good idea that it was started. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

I'm in. I'm probably the one that knows the least but I got the skills and ability to troubleshoot. My '34 is presently looking for a 'glass guy, who can assist us with the shell, floor, doors, hood and grille shell, the rest is easy. Electrical is my thing and we're going to make a show car out of this car yet.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:46 PM

Last photo:

Street beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
I'm in. I'm probably the one that knows the least but I got the skills and ability to troubleshoot. My '34 is presently looking for a 'glass guy, who can assist us with the shell, floor, doors, hood and grille shell, the rest is easy. Electrical is my thing and we're going to make a show car out of this car yet.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Jay how many times do we have to tell you the glass guy is between your head and your feet, just do it.

Bob
Old 01-03-2011, 11:50 PM

Last photo:

street beast, cmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
I am here to extend any help that I can in building the 34 Coupe although its been quite a while since I have built mine from Classic Motor Carriages. One good thing is that I am still driving and enjoying my car when weather permits which should give some hope to those who haven't finished their cars or picked up unfinished kits that someone else did not finish. This thread could be a great help to those that need it and I think it is a good idea that it was started. Just my 2 cents.
Your front fenders look like they fit over your wheels did you have to change anything, or did it just fit that way.

Bob
Old 01-04-2011, 03:10 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95

Cheers,

Jay K.
I am not a glass guy or body guy but I did all the fiberglassing that needed to be done myself. Don't see where you would need to hire someone to do it. Whats the problem? Go and get yourself a fiberglass kit with a gallon of Resin,hardener and extral fiberglass cloth, both types. At what stage are you with your car? The only problem I really encountered with my car was aligning the doors once I had the frame welded up and both doors lined up, drilled and tapped. One person can not align the doors himself but if you have help you should be good to go. Funny when I think of it and look back at pictures I had paint sticks in between the doors and jambs to help with alignment with plenty of Duct Tape holding the doors into the jambs so they would not fall out. Almost lost one of the doors falling back out being I had no help in this precedure but was able to get the holes drilled and tapped in the doors. I recommend at least 2 people in doing this. Don't do it the way I did if you can help it.

Last edited by ffas23; 01-04-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:15 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
Your front fenders look like they fit over your wheels did you have to change anything, or did it just fit that way.

Bob
Bob I didn't have to change a thing with my fenders as I used the correct wheel and tire size recommended at the time by CMC. It was all listed in the CMC manual.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:45 AM

Last photo:

street beast

Quote:
Bob I didn't have to change a thing with my fenders as I used the correct wheel and tire size recommended at the time by CMC. It was all listed in the CMC manual.
They must have changed the front cross member then, a lot of them don't fit, I had to widen my fenders 2" to get the fenders down. But they made a lot of changes.

Bob
Old 01-04-2011, 12:05 PM

Last photo:

34 Street Beast

Quote:
I can help a little, I still have all the manuals and video of the build, the car I have is a 34Classic Motor Carriages the same company, Street Beast. Just let me know if you need the Info. My car has a 302 with a B&M blower, and is a tight fit for the car making it hard to clean an work on. I have a friend that has the same car with a 350 chevy and he has a lot more room to work around. Just might help with choseing a motor.

Last edited by HotRod 9152; 01-04-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: More Info
Old 01-04-2011, 12:23 PM

Last photo:

street beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod 9152
I can help a little, I still have all the manuals and video of the build, the car I have is a 34Classic Motor Carriages the same company, Street Beast. Just let me know if you need the Info. My car has a 302 with a B&M blower, and is a tight fit for the car making it hard to clean an work on. I have a friend that has the same car with a 350 chevy and he has a lot more room to work around. Just might help with choseing a motor.
A 350 is bigger than a 302, at its widest it's about 2" bigger around and length wise the 350 is longer hands down.

Bob
Old 01-04-2011, 12:31 PM

Last photo:

street beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
A 350 is bigger than a 302, at its widest it's about 2" bigger around and length wise the 350 is longer hands down.

Bob
I have a 5.0 H.O. and I have room, You have to remember these cars didn't have a lot of room to start with. When you put a modern engine in them, and start hanging stuff on them, well the more you hang the less room you have. When you hang a blower on one you go up , but you either cut the hood or lay stuff along the sides, your bound to not have room.

Bob
Old 01-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

This article could turn into a good Wiki, making it easier to navigate specific problem areas.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:40 PM

Last photo:

street beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
This article could turn into a good Wiki, making it easier to navigate specific problem areas.
And something more for us old guys to learn.

Bob

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.