Street Beast Company - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2003, 10:23 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Street Beast Company

I see ads in the street rod mag's for Street Beast and I have seen their booth at a number of the hot rod shows. I know when you mention their name a lot of people turn up their nose. But does anyone have actual experience with them or their concept of buying a kit car hot rod Just curious...DAVE

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2003, 10:51 AM
Rebuilt Excitment

Last photo:

Dave, I looked at there cars a couple of times at different events, they seem to be very strong, just not very nice to look at. The other problem that I see is that the bodies and fenders are molded in a single piece so if you would crunch one it would be more difficult to fix than some of the other bodies that are on the market, besides it is not a PONTIAC. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:35 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Do a search on Street Beasts on this site and you'll find a lot of discussion on the subject. Bottom line is that this company has a long history of ripping off its customers and the last time I heard it was still doing business only under the direct supervision of the Florida Attorney General's office. About 10 years ago Car and Driver Magazine did an article on their shady business practices which can be seen here: http://www.erareplicas.com/bedard.htm.

Street Beast stuff looks good on the surface but virtually no parts will interchange with the real thing and when you park one next to a real car they look just like what they are, a toy.

Centerline
http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com
Old 10-01-2003, 12:25 PM

HEY CENTERLINE: I read your referenced article, what a problem to have when they have your money and no support. I saw there display at a number of car shows this summer, I guess you should walk by fast in case of bullets ...DAVE
Old 10-02-2003, 05:46 AM

Last photo:

For several years I lived less than two miles from their factory. Way back when they were going under the name of FiberFab (1970's). The State of Florida has shut them down over and over again for shoddy business practices, but each time they just re-open under an different name and go right back to ripping off the public.

The guys that are running it now don't seem to have much of a connection to the owners the state has repeatedly prosecuted, but they kept the same sales staff so their methods of operation probably haven't changed much. The only difference is that with the state's oversight they are at least being made to complete orders and provide some support to customers.

Although the quality of their fiberglass is good the biggest problem is their design. It's pretty much proprietary. No body parts made for a 33 or 34 Ford will fit and if you ever get into an accident the only place you can get replacement parts is the factory. Also several years ago when they were doing business under one of their now defunct names, they used to bill their cars as 33 Fords. You notice now there is no reference to "Ford" in their adds. Seems someone at Ford decided they didn't want their name associated with the Street Beast product. After looking at their history and the fidelity of their product you can hardly blame Ford for taking them to task.

Unfortunately this company still makes a hefty profit praying on unsuspecting novices. They use high pressure sales tactics to sucker you into the purchase and once you're hooked the finished product is nearly impossible to sell.

Centerline
http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com
Old 10-02-2003, 08:57 AM

HEY CENTERLINE: It makes you wonder what they could do if they were only half way honest. I was reading Rod & Custom magazine last night and the editor is building a kit that he bought up in Michigan. He seems to rave about how complete and well made it seems to be. It does sound interesting to receive a box of parts that you can put together KNOWING that they are all there, fit together that you could put together at your leisure. I noticed in the Speedway catalog they have kits in the back of their catalog. But now that I think about it with a street rod already sitting in the garage I don't have spare time or spare money. Do you miss having your 41 Chevy sitting around? DAVE
Old 10-02-2003, 10:02 AM

Last photo:

There certainly are advantages to a complete kit. No argument there.

Although I miss the 41 I'm glad to have the extra space in the garage. It's a two car garage with a 15'x20' shop extension. Up till the time I sold it I had the 41, my 53 pickup, the deuce and my wife's new hemi Ram in there and the 53 was totally disassembled. Now at least I can walk from one end to the other without tripping over something. Plus the extra cash allows me to pick up stuff on e-bay I need for the deuce, like the new set of Mickey Thompson hemi valve covers I bought last week.

Centerline

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.