Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beasts '34 build starts
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

What if....

So far I have kept out of this entire mess of tangled statements, assertions, quotes, attacks and counter-attacks involving separate threads and wikis

However - let's just assume for a second that "insider" is telling the truth - and the place is empty.

Now we need to ask "WHY?"

A couple of possible explanations come to mind:

1) there are, in fact, gone - outta business etc (Why?)

well, lets just look at the overall big picture- in order to bolster the lawsuit against this site, they may feel a need to prove damages - so the story to the judge will be "We are an honest, hardworking company, but these SOBs on this site have driven us out of business with their "irresponsible" actions and postings, and we have suffered so much damage that we have been forced to close and thus we have lost "x many" millions in damages and we demand compensation"

OR

2) They will spin the closure as "we are SO successful that we had to expand and had to move to another location" (this will undermine their suit, as it will then be obvious that no damages have occurred and hence this site (and others) had no impact, and no damage was done and therefore the suit is entirely sans merit.

There may be other explanations, too, including "insider's" assertion that "the place is now empty" is simply a fabrication - but what if the place really IS empty?

Wouldn't that also explain why the original poster has been silent for a long time- he has just recently found out that when he calls for parts or advice, there is no-one home?

If any members do live near that address, it'd be nice to get a second (and third and fourth) set of eyes on the place to see if it really is gone.

And if it is gone - what now?

My job is one where I have to look for what happens if, and what's the worst case if, etc, so reading the latest posts on this thread caused my 22 years of experience to automatically kick in. If I am being needlessly alarmist, please just bear with me.