Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beasts '34 build starts
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Streetbeasties

I can't say for sure that I ever seen one. I have seen a bunch for sale in an unfinished state, but then I have seen a lot of rods for sale that are half done (and NO, we'll not get into my '28 5-window coupe that has been "unfinished" for 23 years - is any rod ever "finished"?)

I did enquire (back in the 70's) about a Fiberfab Avenger as I was (still am!) in love with the looks of a GT-40, but after finding out that the advertised price did not include such things as glass, door hinges, and other stuff that would be needed to actually BUILD a car, I dropped the matter

I have recently seen a drivable, (but rough) Avenger for sale hereabouts, but after giving it a close once-over, I passed on it - besides, I have too many projects "in the oven" right now anyway (working on - my '57 Chev- needs new trans and new rear end, my '56 F100 - to be Caddy 500 powered, my unfinished '28 "A" I mentioned above (grenaded the engine - DO NOT try to manually shift a Gennie or Lokar style shifter at the dragstrip - it gets you a major talking-to from the track officials for oiling down the track!) and my '65 Volvo-P1800S with the '87 Camaro V6 in place of the 1800cc four-banger it came with!)