Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beasts '34 build starts
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 07:11 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

I live in the Carolinas ... so I am too far away to check on StreetBeasts to see if they are open or moving but ... with todays economic climate, they may be suffering from the lack of customers and forced to close. I have a friend who works for the largest street rod parts house in the Carolinas and he told me the other day that they are down 40 per cent and had let a couple of employees go. They sell mostly anything you would buy to build a Hot rod except frames/bodies. They were down 20 per cent during the summer ... and it had just continued to get worse each month.

I watch eBay a fair amount and the trend to buy stuff is slowing down. The prices have dropped also on most everything but the rarest and most desired stuff.

I do feel sorry for the regular guy who just works for StreetBeast. You know ... Joe Regular ... the fellow who just needs a job to feed his family and ended up there. Unemployment is getting higher and higher and being out of work anytime is difficult but now at Christmas ... with children at home ... I do feel for those folks.

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "