Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beasts '34 build starts
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 08:28 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Apologies for the delay gents.

Work has beckoned and in this present economy, I had to listen!

In the first picture is the mock up of the fuel pump going forward with aluminum fuel line fed towards the motor and rubber hose headed towards the fuel tank. The aluminum fuel line will ultimately be replaced by steel.

In a realization of embarrassment today, I realized that I had previously mounted the fuel pump upside down and couldn't figure out why I required so many shims to get the fuel pump to line up with the fuel filter behind it. The first picture still has the incorrect length of rubber hose between the two components, but it's a start. The eventual replacement of incorrect rubber fuel hose length will happen shortly as it's my responsibility to complete the fuel line from tank to carburetor.

We have also started the passenger side door post. This doorpost and the one on the driver's side are the most difficult task when it comes to working on the frame. We wound up trimming two inches off of the top of the doorpost and further worked the hinge openings on the fiberglass body to 2 & 3/8'' so that we could open the door more than the recommended 1 & 1/2". At the latter measurement, we would only be able to get in the car if we were an envelope.

I'm presently receiving great help from Matt Dick of Dick's Autobody in Maine. I found him on the Streetbeasts website a month ago and he took time out of his day today to give us free help. I'm grateful to the man for his eagerness to assist my father and I, so I wanted to thank him and his wife here for letting me have a piece of their weekend to ask some questions.

Without any further delay, here are the pictures.

ps. View the last picture, does anybody doubt who owns the car?