Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beasts '34 build starts
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 12:42 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Some promised progress from this past weekend.

What the pics don't also explain is that the structural improvement on the suicide door post was done by our welder who did a fantastic job by adding weld plates at the bottom of each door post. At the top of the post, each post is reinforced with a horizontal bar for door structural support. Streetbeasts planned out a decent build, but could've used an improved design at the bottom of the door post.

Pics below.

The other photos are of the dash framing with the self tapping screws used initially for mock up purposes.

Lastly, here's another shot of the transmission

The entire job was done via stick welding with a Miller. The power level was set at 21 and this thing was gas powered. It was a Very cool experience where I had the opportunity to even try my hand at stick welding. I was very impressed with the welder's patience, level of concentration and overall work. He enjoyed what he did and appreciated his work.

We even ground out the poor workmanship on the frame mounts from the original engine assembler and stick welded them to make the welds stronger. They were pitting and we hadn't even rolled this car out into the street!

Please enjoy,

Jay K.

ps. Check out the STEEL fuel line in the pic. I owe a debt of gratitude to the website for the recommendation.