Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beasts '34 build starts
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:50 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Thanks Randy,

I spoke to him already. Very nice guy and a Heckofa nice car. He wanted around $13K+ for it, which was more fair. It's just alot more than we can afford at this time. Dad is going to call down to SB tomorrow to see if anyone answers the phone, at all. It'd be great if we could buy just another shell. I visited a new bodyshop right outside of Chicago in Niles yesterday as well as spoke to another gentleman who was South of the city in Crestwood, IL. It seems that we have serious 'glass issues that would involve cutting, removing and reforming a new section that would require a new mold for all of the damaged fiberglass. That kind of requirement is clearly beyond my father's and my collective abilities at this time. The talent required for fiberglass is rapidly becoming a dying art as Corvettes are now fabbed out of Plastic and not fiberglass anymore. I didn't know that!

Hey Randy,

If you ever feel like making a road trip up North, holler at this Yankee that you're coming and we'll figure it out!

Thank you all again,

Jay K.