Street Beasts '34 build starts - Page 18 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 05:10 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

thanks Jay,
I thought maybe there was a rubber gasket or felt whiskers that would dress up the top of the door that maybe fit the slot for the window opening...thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 10:18 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Hi All,

First off lemme apologize for the lack of updates! In the last two weeks we've made dramatic improvements to the original design by addressing the gap between the windows and the A-pilar. See below.

The above photos were taken two weeks ago.

As of this past Friday the 16th ... Awww yeahhh!!

As of two weeks ago we also addressed the flaw of the trunk design. If you own an SB '34 hardtop or roadster, you know of the cracking at the four corners of your trunk. Our shop addressed that concern by grinding down the surface of the shell in each of the four corners deep enough to put L-Shapes made out of aluminum and then covered over them. Please see the photos below.

Lastly, we're going to shrink the license plate opening. I never felt it warranted a HUUUGE opening.

See below,

Thanks for viewing,

Jay K.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:26 AM

Last photo:

Jay
that's cool stuff. i noticed potential of the A pillar being too far from the door/window. cleaver way of dealing with it. you are so far ahead of me, i'm just working in my 2 car garage and doing 1 task at a time. i did just trim the trunk pan and am mocking the steering column and linkage. i also welded some brackets to strap my fuel tank in instead of using the aluminium tabs on the side of the SB tank. that was a recommendation from a friend of mine who builds race cars. by the way, what's the length of your steering column? all in all thanks for sequentially posting your build and great job.
Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to rakrick For This Useful Post:
JGK95 (11-23-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Great job Jay...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
JGK95 (11-23-2012), vht (02-17-2013)
Old 11-23-2012, 11:57 AM

Last photo:

Hi Ray,

First off let me apologize for not obtaining the length of the steering column from last time. I spoke to my father as well and he doesn't recall the length of the ididit steering column either. However, before you buy a steering column of any kind, you might want to put a chair in the car and measure the length that works for you. That's the reason we went with a tilt column to account for the unknown height / length issue.

However, I'll place a call on Monday to ididit and ask them as they were who supplied Streetbeasts with the columns as they are closed today.

Additionally, I'd like to see pictures of your resolution with the fuel tank setup that you're planning.

Also if you look at pages five or six, we started the build out of a 'maybe' 1 car garage that was really meant to be a separate smoking room / card table area that's so small... That my Dad and I would have to step outside of the Garage each time to then have my Dad go in first into the Garage before me as we couldn't sneak by each other to get to the front or the back of the car.

Cheers,

Jay K.

Last edited by JGK95; 11-23-2012 at 12:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JGK95 For This Useful Post:
Oldcarlover (07-01-2013)
Old 11-23-2012, 04:37 PM

Last photo:

Jay the car looks good. I will give you a heads up on your doors, or door window openings. The gap on the bottom sideis way too big and you can't fill it with wiper rubbers. I put metel across both sides, which drew it together and made the opening much stronger. I used l-shaped pieces of metal, you can try to pinch the two sides together now and they will not move and the slot is just a tad wider than the glass.

PM me if you want me to go through all the steps, I hate doing it on here, too long.

Bob
The Following User Says Thank You to 35terraplane For This Useful Post:
JGK95 (11-25-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 10:57 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95 View Post
Hi Ray,

First off let me apologize for not obtaining the length of the steering column from last time. I spoke to my father as well and he doesn't recall the length of the ididit steering column either. However, before you buy a steering column of any kind, you might want to put a chair in the car and measure the length that works for you. That's the reason we went with a tilt column to account for the unknown height / length issue.

However, I'll place a call on Monday to ididit and ask them as they were who supplied Streetbeasts with the columns as they are closed today.

Additionally, I'd like to see pictures of your resolution with the fuel tank setup that you're planning.

Also if you look at pages five or six, we started the build out of a 'maybe' 1 car garage that was really meant to be a separate smoking room / card table area that's so small... That my Dad and I would have to step outside of the Garage each time to then have my Dad go in first into the Garage before me as we couldn't sneak by each other to get to the front or the back of the car.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Hi Jay
no worries on the steering column length, i have a 28" from summit. just got some exhaust manifolds that bolt up to the LS1 without interfering with the frame, they won't be usible because the collectors are in line with the frame rails. it will take some block hugger type, most likely custom to clear the frame and motor mounts. these should be good enough to route the steering linkage to the column though. i'm just taking baby steps, nothing hard core yet.
ray
The Following User Says Thank You to rakrick For This Useful Post:
JGK95 (11-25-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 01:20 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Just ran across this on E-Bay,, and was just wondering if maybe this is a street Beast body.. It a vicky body ( sedan) and not sure if SB tried their luck with these as well as the wanna-be coupe,

It states it was built by Intovative street rods in Plantation Florida,, probably not a S.Beast just wondering

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1933-...item19d7448af3

Last edited by Bad Rat; 12-09-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat View Post
Just ran across this on E-Bay,, and was just wondering if maybe this is a street Beast body.. It a vicky body ( sedan) and not sure if SB tried their luck with these as well as the wanna-be coupe,

It states it was built by Intovative street rods in Plantation Florida,, probably not a S.Beast just wondering

Ford : Other 2 dr. sedan in Ford | eBay Motors
Same people as far as I know..
Street beast did make a vicky..
Old 12-09-2012, 09:59 AM

Last photo:

Hey Bad Rat,

FYI,

help finding INNOVATIVE STREET MACHINES, llc

Jay K.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95 View Post
Thanks Jay,,, That definately clears that question up,, I knew I had heard the name " Innovative street rods "before,
sounds like this guy got shafted on his trade,,,, ,,
Old 01-29-2013, 11:54 AM

Last photo:

Apologies for the lack of updates.

New changes coming soon. The Beast now runs!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:59 PM

Last photo:

The beast rises!

For the First Time....THE BEAST RISES!

Apologies as you'll have to both click on the link and then turn your head sideways!

Apologies as you'll have to both click on the link and then turn your head sideways!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:29 PM

Last photo:

Sb

Jay car is looking good, I will say I hoe you did not put metal between fiberglass, as it will work its way loose. I have seen it many times. They use some stuff on Corvettes when fiberglass goes on each side, I have it on mine, it is hard to work with and when it gets hard it will sprark when grinding with 36 paper. I have the name at home, I know you are past the trunk but I thought I would give you the heads up before paint.

Bob:
Old 02-16-2013, 08:02 AM

Last photo:

Hi Bob,

Yes that is aluminum embedded beneath the surface as every owner of a SB experiences that problem due to the design of our cars. Heck, before our car was modified to its present appearance, those four corners of the trunk and each window slot's opening had already begun cracking. The decision to use aluminum was to prevent future cracking & the need for repairing/repainting the car annually.

Having shared what I experienced first hand, of course I'd appreciate anything you could share.

Thank you Bob!

Jay K.

Ps. When're you going to post updated pictures of yours in the other SB thread?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.