Street Beasts '34 build starts - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2008, 11:22 AM
daoldbuick's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: kincardine ontario
Posts: 226
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
With all the members that HR has, youd think there was one who lived close to Streetbeasts and could check it out?

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #62 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 1937 Ford Club Coupe LS2 build thread
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kenosha, Wi
Posts: 14
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
............Cricket's Chirping......................Jay......Come back and let us know how the build is progressing.............

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #63 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Semper Gumby
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 335
Wiki Edits: 2

Thanks: 157
Thanked 163 Times in 133 Posts
What if....

So far I have kept out of this entire mess of tangled statements, assertions, quotes, attacks and counter-attacks involving separate threads and wikis

However - let's just assume for a second that "insider" is telling the truth - and the place is empty.

Now we need to ask "WHY?"

A couple of possible explanations come to mind:

1) there are, in fact, gone - outta business etc (Why?)

well, lets just look at the overall big picture- in order to bolster the lawsuit against this site, they may feel a need to prove damages - so the story to the judge will be "We are an honest, hardworking company, but these SOBs on this site have driven us out of business with their "irresponsible" actions and postings, and we have suffered so much damage that we have been forced to close and thus we have lost "x many" millions in damages and we demand compensation"

OR

2) They will spin the closure as "we are SO successful that we had to expand and had to move to another location" (this will undermine their suit, as it will then be obvious that no damages have occurred and hence this site (and others) had no impact, and no damage was done and therefore the suit is entirely sans merit.

There may be other explanations, too, including "insider's" assertion that "the place is now empty" is simply a fabrication - but what if the place really IS empty?

Wouldn't that also explain why the original poster has been silent for a long time- he has just recently found out that when he calls for parts or advice, there is no-one home?

If any members do live near that address, it'd be nice to get a second (and third and fourth) set of eyes on the place to see if it really is gone.

And if it is gone - what now?

My job is one where I have to look for what happens if, and what's the worst case if, etc, so reading the latest posts on this thread caused my 22 years of experience to automatically kick in. If I am being needlessly alarmist, please just bear with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #64 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Rob Keller's Avatar
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!
 
Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Central Florida U.S.A.
Age: 48
Posts: 4,297
Wiki Edits: 38

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210
So far I have kept out of this entire mess of tangled statements, assertions, quotes, attacks and counter-attacks involving separate threads and wikis

However - let's just assume for a second that "insider" is telling the truth - and the place is empty.

Now we need to ask "WHY?"

A couple of possible explanations come to mind:

1) there are, in fact, gone - outta business etc (Why?)

well, lets just look at the overall big picture- in order to bolster the lawsuit against this site, they may feel a need to prove damages - so the story to the judge will be "We are an honest, hardworking company, but these SOBs on this site have driven us out of business with their "irresponsible" actions and postings, and we have suffered so much damage that we have been forced to close and thus we have lost "x many" millions in damages and we demand compensation"

OR

2) They will spin the closure as "we are SO successful that we had to expand and had to move to another location" (this will undermine their suit, as it will then be obvious that no damages have occurred and hence this site (and others) had no impact, and no damage was done and therefore the suit is entirely sans merit.

There may be other explanations, too, including "insider's" assertion that "the place is now empty" is simply a fabrication - but what if the place really IS empty?

Wouldn't that also explain why the original poster has been silent for a long time- he has just recently found out that when he calls for parts or advice, there is no-one home?

If any members do live near that address, it'd be nice to get a second (and third and fourth) set of eyes on the place to see if it really is gone.

And if it is gone - what now?

My job is one where I have to look for what happens if, and what's the worst case if, etc, so reading the latest posts on this thread caused my 22 years of experience to automatically kick in. If I am being needlessly alarmist, please just bear with me.

If all that were true then it would be just like SB to tell the guy @ the Turkey Rod Run who was selling them & advertising for them & building them...well I can't say for sure that anyone would build more than one .

I do know that seeing one up close & personal .

I was not impressed @ a few things on the one I was looking @ in its crate.

Like how the fuel tank was rubbing upon the body.
Like the welds were craptacular at best.

OK I will say something nice now.

They seem to build a hell of a crate. Maybe they should stay with wooden Cars & Nickels.



R
__________________
"SlowRide66"

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #65 (permalink)  
Old 11-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Semper Gumby
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 335
Wiki Edits: 2

Thanks: 157
Thanked 163 Times in 133 Posts
Streetbeasties

I can't say for sure that I ever seen one. I have seen a bunch for sale in an unfinished state, but then I have seen a lot of rods for sale that are half done (and NO, we'll not get into my '28 5-window coupe that has been "unfinished" for 23 years - is any rod ever "finished"?)

I did enquire (back in the 70's) about a Fiberfab Avenger as I was (still am!) in love with the looks of a GT-40, but after finding out that the advertised price did not include such things as glass, door hinges, and other stuff that would be needed to actually BUILD a car, I dropped the matter

I have recently seen a drivable, (but rough) Avenger for sale hereabouts, but after giving it a close once-over, I passed on it - besides, I have too many projects "in the oven" right now anyway (working on - my '57 Chev- needs new trans and new rear end, my '56 F100 - to be Caddy 500 powered, my unfinished '28 "A" I mentioned above (grenaded the engine - DO NOT try to manually shift a Gennie or Lokar style shifter at the dragstrip - it gets you a major talking-to from the track officials for oiling down the track!) and my '65 Volvo-P1800S with the '87 Camaro V6 in place of the 1800cc four-banger it came with!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #66 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2008, 04:41 AM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ft Lauderdale Florida
Posts: 6
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Keller
If all that were true then it would be just like SB to tell the guy @ the Turkey Rod Run who was selling them & advertising for them & building them...well I can't say for sure that anyone would build more than one .

I do know that seeing one up close & personal .

I was not impressed @ a few things on the one I was looking @ in its crate.

Like how the fuel tank was rubbing upon the body.
Like the welds were craptacular at best.

OK I will say something nice now.

They seem to build a hell of a crate. Maybe they should stay with wooden Cars & Nickels.



R
Was the guy at the turkey rod run , wearing Kevlar ....LOL

Went by yesterday, saw a semi loaded with all the molds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #67 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Deuce's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 
Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Deuceland USA
Age: 66
Posts: 5,657
Wiki Edits: 6

Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
I live in the Carolinas ... so I am too far away to check on StreetBeasts to see if they are open or moving but ... with todays economic climate, they may be suffering from the lack of customers and forced to close. I have a friend who works for the largest street rod parts house in the Carolinas and he told me the other day that they are down 40 per cent and had let a couple of employees go. They sell mostly anything you would buy to build a Hot rod except frames/bodies. They were down 20 per cent during the summer ... and it had just continued to get worse each month.

I watch eBay a fair amount and the trend to buy stuff is slowing down. The prices have dropped also on most everything but the rarest and most desired stuff.

I do feel sorry for the regular guy who just works for StreetBeast. You know ... Joe Regular ... the fellow who just needs a job to feed his family and ended up there. Unemployment is getting higher and higher and being out of work anytime is difficult but now at Christmas ... with children at home ... I do feel for those folks.
__________________


"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "






Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #68 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Irelands child's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 4,917
Wiki Edits: 8

Thanks: 15
Thanked 207 Times in 187 Posts
A note here about finished (driven?) Street Beasts. I saw 3 at NSRA Burlington - 2 were well finished, the third needed some help. But with saying that, I never saw any of the owners so really couldn't discuss with them - they seem to "disappear". I thought I had taken some photos of them but can't find them(probably deleted them)
__________________
Irelands child
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #69 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:42 AM
302 Z28's Avatar  
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North Texas
Posts: 10,840
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1
Thanked 86 Times in 73 Posts
There is a guy locally who has a SB 34, he makes all the shows (and I mean all of them). I have to hand it to him, he is persistent, but his car has never received any awards. It is actually a nicely finished car...I must admit. One evening at a hotel in Fredricksburg, Texas he lwas locked out of his car when the battery ran down. I gave him a coat hanger so he could get in to the car. I kinda feel sorry for the guy. I have never questioned him about his car, I figure he has gotten enough of that from other people.

Vince

Last edited by 302 Z28; 12-01-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #70 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 11:45 AM
ret_marine2003's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NORTHERN MICHIGAN
Posts: 103
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is it just Streetbeasts/CMC? ..or is it Fiberglass kits in general?

I have never been a fan of Fiberglass.

I have owned Corvettes, boats, and dunebuggies in the past; but I do not tend to hold on to them. I trade them off for things I feel more at home with.

I saw a neat model T speedster kit at a local show.

I did not care for the door design, but the kit was well done and it looked like it would be fun to drive.

All of the toys in my barn are steel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ft Lauderdale Florida
Posts: 6
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ret_marine2003
I have never been a fan of Fiberglass.

I have owned Corvettes, boats, and dunebuggies in the past; but I do not tend to hold on to them. I trade them off for things I feel more at home with.

I saw a neat model T speedster kit at a local show.

I did not care for the door design, but the kit was well done and it looked like it would be fun to drive.

All of the toys in my barn are steel.
Well , lets hear it for ret_marine2003
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 05:10 PM
NEW INTERIORS's Avatar
Believe in yourself !!!!!!
 

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In My Shop..
Age: 49
Posts: 10,121
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,294
Thanked 575 Times in 423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ret_marine2003
I have never been a fan of Fiberglass.

All of the toys in my barn are steel.

Well here we go !!!!! Look's like this is about to take a hard right turn!!!!! ''STEEL IS REAL'' But my glass rod will "NEVER RUST"

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 12-02-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 08:31 PM
ret_marine2003's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NORTHERN MICHIGAN
Posts: 103
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Well here we go!!!!! ''STEEL IS REAL'' But glass will "NEVER RUST"
Sometimes I do not care if it is "real" or not.

It is just my preference.

I have no problem appreciating another persons work with fiberglass.

I have a problem appreciating my own work with the stuff.

It does not feel right, even when it turns out well.

...and I can appreciate a nice kit like that "T" Speedster thing.

The single door on the passenger side of the bathtub shallow body seemed a little silly to me, but otherwise...it was a neat kit car.

I would feel entirely different about a real T Speedster, but if I was to have the choice of driving the kit hard vs. driving the real thing; I would take the kit. (Because it would be a lesser loss if I broke it)

You are absolutely right to say Glass never rusts, but the structure that it is attached to often rots and glass crazes and cracks with temperature variations, weather, and time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:11 PM
NEW INTERIORS's Avatar
Believe in yourself !!!!!!
 

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In My Shop..
Age: 49
Posts: 10,121
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 1,294
Thanked 575 Times in 423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ret_marine2003

You are absolutely right to say Glass never rusts, but the structure that it is attached to often rots and glass crazes and cracks with temperature variations, weather, and time.
Just pulling your Cain a little... Well first off .. todays frame's are built a lot better and last a lot longer.When a glass kit is set up right,You can get away from the cracking problem's.I had a glass car I built,And used it a lot,And took it on some long trips too.Never had any of the problem's you mentioned.But I did see some rods with them problem's. And it does get real hot down here in the South.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #75 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2009, 05:32 AM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 1937 Ford Club Coupe LS2 build thread
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kenosha, Wi
Posts: 14
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jay...............

How is the Project progressing??.....Give us an update...

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Street Beasts ShannonSteele Hotrodders' Lounge 19 11-26-2012 07:48 AM
this is a saver.... GM build codes TooMany2count General Rodding Tech 24 11-23-2009 09:36 AM
34 ford frame build Crazy Canuck General Rodding Tech 5 10-01-2004 02:10 PM
Any Street Beast 34 Coupe builders? Pilot34Coupe General Rodding Tech 7 05-14-2004 09:41 PM
Street Rod ( Autobody ) Schools Dusty Hotrodders' Lounge 0 01-05-2002 08:25 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.