Street Beasts '34 build starts - Page 7 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 06:30 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

This thread being kept with no bias is also a grand testament to the class and motivation of the man that runs this forum. This is the enthusiast that is reporting his passion with pride, not the controversial company, and the members also show great class supporting him. Just another reason why I really like this place. Perfect example Centerline is that I see that your criticisms can be quite harsh sometimes but usually to the point and spot on. Even at that, you give it up for the enthusiast here. Once again, really like this place.

SK

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2009, 06:44 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandKind
This thread being kept with no bias is also a grand testament to the class and motivation of the man that runs this forum. This is the enthusiast that is reporting his passion with pride, not the controversial company, and the members also show great class supporting him. Just another reason why I really like this place. Perfect example Centerline is that I see that your criticisms can be quite harsh sometimes but usually to the point and spot on. Even at that, you give it up for the enthusiast here. Once again, really like this place.

SK
I'm no fan of Streetbeast as anyone can tell you, however the purchase has been made. All I wan to see is a successful build and I'm very glad to see he's getting the factory help he needs to get 'er done. I only wish the average guy didn't need all that help to successfully build a Streetbeast.... but that's another discussion entirely.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:44 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Hello all,

The latest update on the build is:

1. Installing with a friend the McLeod Hydraulic Throw-out bearing that wasn't put in by the engine builder that initially 'helped' us. His version of 'help' included an aftercharge for everything that he was involved with during the duration of his assistance.

2. Drilled and installed an ididit firewall coupler that allows the steering column to come through the firewall.

3. Test fit and Installed the fuel tank yesterday.

So far, so good!

Sorry no pics this time.

Learnin' as we go along,

Jay K.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:17 PM

Last photo:

In addition to learning how to use a rivet gun we (my father and I) ground down the knuckle that connects to the ididit steering column. At it's default distance, it looked a good inch or further between the knuckle and the steering column and that didn't look right to me. So we ground it down to roughly a 1/4" and it now looks perfect!

The funny thing about learning how to rivet was the fast realization that all store bought rivet hand tools aren't worth the packaging they're sold with. We purchased one for $17bux from harbor freight and didn't get a SINGLE use out of it! The teeth were bad to begin with, but the drive to the store and back would cost us more in gas. Same thing for the local Autozone too. We wound up ordering an air rivet gun from sears.com and spent close to a hunnert bux and it was money well spent.

So far, so good!

Jay K.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:52 PM

JGK95, I'm not a regular poster here but I visit the site almost everyday for the education it provides. You are making excellent progress on your build and it is looking very good. I have seen several Streetbeasts in the past and I was not that impressed but your 34 is coming along very well. I was also pleased to see another person from Chicago here so please don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever help. Keep up the good work on your 34.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:53 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelbc
JGK95, I'm not a regular poster here but I visit the site almost everyday for the education it provides. You are making excellent progress on your build and it is looking very good. I have seen several Streetbeasts in the past and I was not that impressed but your 34 is coming along very well. I was also pleased to see another person from Chicago here so please don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever help. Keep up the good work on your 34.
Hey Michael,

Thanks!

We're not experts and don't work on it every day, but when we do, I'll definitely keep you in mind.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:49 PM

jgk95, I'm certainly not an expert but it is always good to have someone near by to bounce ideas off of and who may know of businesses that they can refer to to others. My 39 is done but as usual not finished. Maybe I'll see you around the city some time.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:43 AM

Last photo:

Updates 2010

The latest work that's been done is the following:

* Dad measured and cut the d-bar to the proper lengths.
* I hung the driveshaft between the Viper Transmission and the Currie differential. (What's the big deal? Aren't all u-bolts the same? You mean they're not? )
* Mounted the steering wheel to the ididit universal column. However, the steering wheel is from Grant and it required milling to allow the white vertical tube from within the ididit column that supports the horn button to pass through. We'll probably go with a flashier steering wheel instead of the one shown in the pictures.

The entire steering assembly is now complete, but the Streetbeasts provided column drop really needs to go for an ididit column drop.

A casual observation that might capture your attention is that Streetbeasts is running very lean at the present moment and our attempts to receive our side door windows that we've paid for is taking a longer than necessary amount of time. Two-way communication is largely non-existent and this is very disappointing. Some form of dialogue containing a shipping number is what we're after. I should mention that we did receive the front windshield with the kit, yet the side windows were on back order at the time.

I can no longer reach Mike Suhor, who is known as Grandpa Cobra here on the website as I'm certain he's not with Streetbeasts anymore.

Centerline, if you think I have favored status, I ask you to contact Streetbeasts on my behalf for the two side door windows that we paid for and still have not received. They are long overdue and were a part of the initial purchase. Heck, surprise me and even obtain a shipping number for them!

Cheers,

Jay K.

The pics below:

Old 01-31-2010, 11:38 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

any competant glass shop should be able to make side windows, so after you'v had enough of waiting, just cancel the order and have a glass shop make them.. looking good so far
Old 01-31-2010, 11:44 AM

Last photo:

Matt,

The side windows were part of the initial purchase. Would you pay twice for something you already purchased once?

UPDATE:
My father is in Florida visiting family and friends and is going to try tomorrow to reach anyone at Streetbeasts to see if he can obtain the windows/shipping number/any form of commitment.

Cheers,

Jay K.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:09 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

I understand u arleady paid for them, but that does not mean you can't ask for a refund if they cannot deliver the goods in a timely mannor... you could always try using a diffrent telephone. if there as dormant as you think they are, they most likely don't have very many clients/ orders in the works so they just might be avoiding you
Old 01-31-2010, 12:38 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Wow.

These clowns can't get glass in a year and a half?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:14 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt167
I understand u arleady paid for them, but that does not mean you can't ask for a refund if they cannot deliver the goods in a timely mannor... you could always try using a diffrent telephone. if there as dormant as you think they are, they most likely don't have very many clients/ orders in the works so they just might be avoiding you
Unfortunately, I believe your last scenario is the likely one. I hope that's not the case.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:52 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

I'm sorry to here you're missing the glass, but I sincerly believe your chances of getting Streetbeast to send them to you or get a refund if you cancel the order are slim at best.

George Lavin has a well documented history of stiffing his customers and there is no reason to believe anything has changed. Given the trouble his buddy Rothstein is in, it wouldn't surprise me at all to here that he's been arrested before long. Anyone that funnels billions into his buddy's ponzi scheme can't escape the law for very long, especially since Rothstein has already cut a deal and plead guilty. My guess is Rothstein is singing like a canary and Lavin along with several others luck is about to run out.

I think at this point your best course of action is to cut your losses and just have a local company cut the glass for you. Its flat glass and shouldn't be that expensive.

Good luck.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:59 PM

Last photo:

Centerline,

I've read what you've read, however, until the outcome is truly defined, I'm going to hold off on passing judgment. It's my hopes they do right by us and send us out the glass.

Thanks,

Jay K.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.