Street Beasts '34 build starts - Page 8 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010, 12:32 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Update:

I had the pleasure of speaking to the gentleman that runs the operations down at Streetbeasts just a moment or two ago, and it looks like the glass should be sent out tomorrow morning.

I'm looking forward to updating this thread with a positive outcome regarding the windows.

Jay K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 AM

Before I spill my guts...

Has ANYONE actually seen this car this JK95 is building?

Does ANYONE even remotely know him (JK95) or visited by chance?

I'm pretty sure well............. I want to see if anyone's seen it before I slap a couple of links in a post...
Old 02-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollinsmoke

Does ANYONE even remotely know him (JK95) or visited by chance?

I'm pretty sure well............. I want to see if anyone's seen it before I slap a couple of links in a post...
Those of us that have been here longer than 1 month have seen that pictures have been posted.......Whats your point?
Old 02-04-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
Those of us that have been here longer than 1 month have seen that pictures have been posted.......Whats your point?
What does the length of time I've been here have to do with me asking if anyone has seen the car???

I can see the pictures! I can take a picture of my collection of Bentleys', Aston Martins', Ferraris' and F-16Es' all lined up in my driveway and post them on here as well.

I came to this forum to help people with what I know how to do and try to learn something from those that have forgotten more than I'll ever know. It's also a way to forget about lifes troubles for a while as well. I learned something a long time ago; you never know what the person on the keyboard, at the other end, might be dealing with in life. I try to post/talk/email with the thought in the back of my mind that the person on the receiving end might be having the worst day of their life.

Have a good one bud and I won't bother coming back.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:51 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR PANELS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Gee, I wonder what the links were?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
I had a good talk with him on the phone before he bought the car.. And do know about him building it..What are you getting at ??? I guess you don't believe many here.. and what they show picture's of.. Next you will say my 600 + pictures wasn't taken in my shop..
What's up with the links ???? Man what are you trying to prove ???

You say you care about the person behind the screen.. Well Jay is a person too.. Good luck Jay and keep up the great work..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 02-04-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:

Quote:

Have a good one bud and I won't bother coming back.
If you have some proof of impropriety, spill it.......

If you are going to make unfounded accusations, don't bother coming back.......
Old 02-07-2010, 09:14 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
If you have some proof of impropriety, spill it.......

If you are going to make unfounded accusations, don't bother coming back.......
HE11 YEAH!! I want to hear 'em too!!

Thanks New Interiors ,

Just yesterday I tightened all of the bolts up on the McCleod bell housing and rethought the fuel line. I'm going b4lls to the wall and am going to try and run a single piece of aluminum fuel line from the electronic fuel pump all the way to the firewall where it'll meet steel braided line.

Present goals for my Dad and I are:

Dad:

1. Size up the column drop but bring in the dash from the house to the garage to establish which drop size is appropriate.
2. Order said column drop from ididit.com and install it.
3. Redo the ididit ball at the firewall so the lock nuts are facing into the compartment and that the allen keyed ring is facing the engine bay.

Mine:

1. Perform the most difficult task ever and run a single piece of aluminum fuel line from the front to the back. Pictures will follow of this achievement, that's for darn sure!

Jay K.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:45 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

I would split the line in the middle.. just in case you ever need to service it, you would not need to replace it all
Old 02-08-2010, 07:07 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I probably wouldn't (no make that for sure) run aluminum but either the usual steel or stainless. More tolerant of road debris and more corrosion resistant - even the Terne coated steel then the aluminum.

Dave W
Old 02-08-2010, 10:10 AM

Last photo:

Both are very good ideas as I'm realizing that there's more to this than I initially thought.

What I forgot to mention was that I'll be putting in a fuel cut off switch along the way somewhere in the back.

Thanks guys,

Jay K.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Both are very good ideas as I'm realizing that there's more to this than I initially thought.

What I forgot to mention was that I'll be putting in a fuel cut off switch along the way somewhere in the back.

Thanks guys,

Jay K.
Jay - if you do decide to go the SS route - I suggest that you purchase 2 or 3 six foot straight lengths from someone like McMaster-Carr. I bought a roll of 3/8" from Summit - what a bear to get anywhere near straight. I ended up routing a 'die' form from 3' lengths of hard wood and doing 3' at a time. Even rolls of aluminum (which will kink easily) will need the straightening process. If you use the terne steel tubing, you can purchase 3/8" stuff from any good auto parts store as it is conventional brake and air tubing. It can also be double flared and you can use NPT fittings rather then the $$$$ ANs, which are almost a requirement on aluminum and SS (tho others will argue the SS flaring point )

Dave W
Old 02-08-2010, 12:17 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Jay - if you do decide to go the SS route - I suggest that you purchase 2 or 3 six foot straight lengths from someone like McMaster-Carr. I bought a roll of 3/8" from Summit - what a bear to get anywhere near straight. I ended up routing a 'die' form from 3' lengths of hard wood and doing 3' at a time. Even rolls of aluminum (which will kink easily) will need the straightening process. If you use the terne steel tubing, you can purchase 3/8" stuff from any good auto parts store as it is conventional brake and air tubing. It can also be double flared and you can use NPT fittings rather then the $$$$ ANs, which are almost a requirement on aluminum and SS (tho others will argue the SS flaring point )

Dave W
LOL! That's the EXACT roll of fuel line that my father and I bought! Perhaps your idea is a better one. The only set back is attempting to terminate it with a 6 AN connector. If you've got any links for purchasing the 6 AN hardware from McMaster Carr, please share and I'll buy them right away! Lastly for a car that's presently NA, and potentially FI in the future, what is the best size fuel line to buy?

Thanks for all and any insight Dave and others,

Jay K.

Additionally,
Old 02-08-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
LOL! That's the EXACT roll of fuel line that my father and I bought! Perhaps your idea is a better one. The only set back is attempting to terminate it with a 6 AN connector. If you've got any links for purchasing the 6 AN hardware from McMaster Carr, please share and I'll buy them right away! Lastly for a car that's presently NA, and potentially FI in the future, what is the best size fuel line to buy?

Thanks for all and any insight Dave and others,

Jay K.

Additionally,
Jay - stick with Summit/Jegs/Speedway for the AN plumbing fittings. They have a good choice. As far as FI, most require a return line - but 3/8 works well for each - but plan ahead now. When you get the body on is not the time. I changed mine over from braided flex, ala NASCAR, after first fire and body in place as I felt it would not survive years of temp and road conditions so installed the hard line - what a PITA that was

Dave W
Old 02-08-2010, 12:49 PM
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans
Last journal entry: Sold Everything for a new project
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child

Dave W
I found the hood of my wife's Taraus had just the right amount of reverse curve to unroll the tubing on. I unrolled the tubing on the hood and when it spang back, it was nice and straight!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.