Hot Rod Forum banner

Street Beasts '34 build starts

95K views 401 replies 54 participants last post by  JGK95 
#1 ·
So we finally hacked down the majority of Sherwood Forest to get at the fiberglass shell of the '34 Ford-like body that was delivered to our garage and begun with the lug nuts that I scored off of a Ford Taurus. I thought I scored big time when i was at the local junkyard and scored four rollers (wheels/tires) with a fist full of lug nuts for $50 bux. When I finally tried to use the lug nuts, they were both metric and too small. It didn't make sense, how was this possible? This was after all, from a FORD Taurus?

It wasn't until we tried to mount the wheels to the IFS that we were about a 1/4th of an inch off of the wheel pattern and that the center hole was larger than the center of the wheels from a '97 Ford Taurus. These rotors have ball bearing caps at the end of them and I was caught off guard.

However, to have both the incorrect rollers and lug nuts was very frustrating and almost inconceivable.

So the current plan is to call the yard and see if we can work out a swap with them for some Ford Mustang rollers. I'm very doubtfull we'll make any headway with them, but I'll try.

Jay K.

See less See more
#272 ·
Jay I will have my wife get it and I will get it to you. I would think you can get it at anyplace that fixes lots of vettes.

AS far as mine, I'm afraid I'm done working on car, my hands are too screwed up, can'feel anything. I will have to have someone else finish it. Not what I wanted, but that's the way it goes. will be there to guide who ever along so that it comes out the way I want it.

I will try to take pictures, but I am not big on it.

BOB

#274 ·
Jay IT wa my pleasure,I love helping younger Rodders, when they are building either glass or steel cars from the 30's I will jump to help.
Like I said don't cut corners and Don't get cheap at the end. If you go over budget go, but don't take it out on the car.

Give me a call anytime be glad to talk.:thumbup:

Bob

#275 ·
vacuum brake booster

i'm progressing slowly with my 34 SB cabriolet build. working on getting all the frame welding done before strip down, paint and rebuild prior to getting started on the body. i have an LS1/4L60E engine tranny. the engine position does not allow for a standard vacuum brake booster/master cylinder combo.
was looking at hydro boost but that is too long, i don't like the look. i found an import vacuum booster that's 3 1/2" deep that could work. my question is are the booster studs a standard? How do i find the specs on this booster to determine if it will provide enough assist? here is a link to my build progress on facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/?set=a.1662321051696.74712.1647327883&type=3

thanks all for your input
ray

#281 ·
Before:

After:

The headlamps once received from AutoLoc did not allow for much realignment, thus we had to build up the fender underneath the headlamp housing to accommodate for the headlamp setback. Pretty D@mn impressive fixing the flaw in broad daylight, huh?

No more Cross eyed Mary!
:mwink:

#290 · (Edited)
Thank you Gentlemen!!

Bob, no secrets here. The chrome radiator came with the car from Streetbeasts. As of yesterday, my father selected the interior pattern with the gentleman at the shop. The color of the interior will be a parchment white With yellow piping. We will also be redesigning the lower dash skirt, as the one that came with the car takes too much away from the driver/passenger's legroom.

Cheers,

Jay K.

PS. We also purchased a banjo steering wheel off of eBay that we will be covering with the same color of the interior.

#291 ·
I need some Help, I am building a street beast 34 coupe with disc brakes front and rear. Can anyone tell me what year booster and master cylinder bore I will need? I have heard to use a Corvette style master cylinder 1 1/8 bore matched with a 7 inch booster. How does a gm booster attach to the street beast pedal if that setup its used? Thank you for your help.

#292 ·
I have 4 wheel disc brakes on mine and I don't need a booster on them. I needed a MC that the lines came out the left side, I used a 67 Z-28 MC, and made my own rod to go between the peddle and MC. I believe mine is a 1 1/8" and the year was 67.

BOB

Sorry jay for using your thread but I didn't think you would mine. I never got a Rad. with mine by the way.:mad::p:nono::nono:

Bob

#293 ·
Hi Bob,

Heck no, I don't mind at all! :thumbup:

Harley,

Bob knows Best. Mine came with the car and I don't have the invoice around. However, I'll get some pictures of the car next week in that location for yours (and my) curiosity.

Cheers,

Jay K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.