Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Street Beasts '34 build starts
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 10:50 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Street Beasts '34 build starts

So we finally hacked down the majority of Sherwood Forest to get at the fiberglass shell of the '34 Ford-like body that was delivered to our garage and begun with the lug nuts that I scored off of a Ford Taurus. I thought I scored big time when i was at the local junkyard and scored four rollers (wheels/tires) with a fist full of lug nuts for $50 bux. When I finally tried to use the lug nuts, they were both metric and too small. It didn't make sense, how was this possible? This was after all, from a FORD Taurus?

It wasn't until we tried to mount the wheels to the IFS that we were about a 1/4th of an inch off of the wheel pattern and that the center hole was larger than the center of the wheels from a '97 Ford Taurus. These rotors have ball bearing caps at the end of them and I was caught off guard.

However, to have both the incorrect rollers and lug nuts was very frustrating and almost inconceivable.

So the current plan is to call the yard and see if we can work out a swap with them for some Ford Mustang rollers. I'm very doubtfull we'll make any headway with them, but I'll try.

Jay K.