Hot Rod Forum banner

Street Racing

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  E.Furgal 
#1 · (Edited)
Watched a docu. on street racing in Washington state last night.
How is it the tv crew are in the thick of it filming the racers but the police are playing catchup ?
They could´nt catch them even when they caught info on where they were going next to race.

#2 ·
Doesn't surprise me, about the same happens around here. They don't seem to actually get in gear unless it's a drug bust or big $$ involved so they can use it to increase force size or buy more equipment. Burglary, stolen vehicle etc.. may aswell not even bother calling them, you'll never see anything found or returned unless you find it yourself. :rolleyes:

#4 ·
This was´nt setup there were a couple of nasty accidents which resulted in arrests.
They would´nt setup 200 cars grouping at a gas station then piling off at full tilt burning rubber, it looked very dangerous to me.
Among the racers were hanger on druggies and criminals.

#5 ·
Well if someone was dialed into that scene there were text msg and phone calls that went out as to where to meet and such and of course anyone looking for some excitement would come out for it. And yes there were some wrecks and people hurt doing that stuff. The cops caught on and started impounding cars and licenses were lost and such so now that scene is done for.

Sam

#8 ·
Because it was in my opinion, glorifying street racing. We dont condone that here. BTW, this thread will be watched very closely and any talk of how great it was or what people got away with and the whole thread will be dumped.

#11 ·
My initial thought was why can tv crews find the illegal activities and not the law.
I did´nt intend this to get responces like how great it was or how the law was avoided.They did´nt exactly avoid the law just stayed ten steps ahead.

Spain had been pursuing a Basque terrorist for years to no avail, yet the BBC got to interview him and his mother.
The information is out there the law seems to be slow, very slow.

#12 ·
how can tv crews find illegal activities? well, they tend to have a network of people they pay for "ears" that will talk to a reporter but not a copper..

no one wants street racing, it's the taboo area of the car hobby..
but one that will never die.. good/bad/right/wrong..
and as city/town selectmen/women force tracks to close it'll only put more on the outlaw side of things..
they,(the men in power) can fix this, but won't..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.