Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Cobra
So what you are saying is you could take a part from each of the other companies and build a complete 34 ford coupe without any modification to insure a correct fit to any of the parts.

I find that hard to believe however I am willing to build a such car and donate the proceeds to charity if you can get each of the other companies to donate a separate piece or pieces of theirs to the cause.

I would also need all the other parts necessary to build a 34 ford

My Cause being the Wounded Warrior project

However should I have to modify any part from any company to make it fit correctly, I would be paid for my time and services by those that insist that the fiberglass from any of the other companies is so perfect and so original that every other companies product is interchangeable with the other companies product.

The car still goes up for auction and I receive nothing from the proceeds the car sells for all money being paid to The Wounded Warriors Project.

Everyone that bets it can be done has to pay me for my time any expenses I incur in the building process and the cost of painting the completed car.

If it can be done all I ask for is the cost of having it painted and the parts to build it. All labor (except for paint and body work necessary to ensure a show quality finish) will be performed by me alone and documented via video and pictures.

Real simple
you get the parts,
give them to me
I build the car,
You also pay for the paint job
if I have to make any modifications to any of the parts you supply from other companies you pay me to build the car
all moneys from the sale of the car go to The Wounded Warrior Project
I kept telling myself I would not get involved in this pissing match. Your request is ridiculous to be honest.

As I have been sitting back and watching this, getting irritated and somewhat amused at all of it, then you post something like this.

You went from posting intelligently, to an outlandish request. Great way to lose respect.

Jason