Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 12:34 PM

Last journal entry: Free tires
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead
Why doesn't Streetbeast have a user forum on it's website? Factory Five does and people discuss issues there all the time, good and bad. Total Performance also had one (they had to take it down do to excessive spam problems). Maybe SB should consider adding this feature, forums are a huge source of infomation and maybe that could help put some of the fear to rest.
Good idea but I think a few (fill in name here) would slam them on it so bad no matter what that it would become useless.
They do have a decent website to answer general questions and it sounds like they'll walk you through detailed questions if you call or email.

I have no personal experience with them but I view their kit as a modified, and no different than buying an Outlaw and modifying it, if you want a true to original, buy someone else's. Why is a chopped top ok by all suppliers but molded in fenders by one supplier not? It's called personal taste and preference.
But it is nice to know our moderators are protecting us ignorant guys from ourselves.

My experience with Outlaw was not good, to be honest they turned me off from building a car many many years ago, talking about old history, they were so cocky to me that it shaped my car building for the last 25+ years. I deal only in Musclecars thanks to Outlaw. Less arrogance amungst that genre. Not as many, real, not real, arguments either. This is a hobby, it should be fun regardless of what you build.
I still love a 34 and may one day build one, but when I do I'll chose the supplier based on my fact finding and taste. Might even be an Outlaw.
Would I buy a SB? Not sure, I like their stuff but I'd probably want a more traditional style, and my build will be rather unique so wt would be an issue.

But I see nothing deceptive about SB, I see a company selling a product and being enthusiastic about it, and defending it, whether they should be doing that here is another matter. Jon has let them stay and fight it out. You can't change history, but you can't dwell on it either.
What some want them to say publicly would not be good for the growth of any company, let them build their product and keep people employed, you don't like them, we get it, jeez!
Close the thread as you'll never get the answer you want, mainly because it doesn't exist. Why? because you will not except any answer from them.

And as the saying goes, "There's not such thing as bad publicity"
Way to go guys.