Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I wish I could find my pictures of the right quarter I had to cut off and replace. It was flared out, badly. It ended up not being a difficult repair, but sure was a pain in the wooohooo.

I expected them to give me crap about having to replace it, but I will give it to them, they sent me a left and right quarter, even received it in 3 days. Only needed the right.

On several occasions, I had some nasty words with them, one in particular and guy named Ben. I normally do not remember names, but he really had me pissed off a few times. Ended up dealing with someone else, and things were straightened out. (These words were about other things: door hinges - sucked, did not align, ended up making my own, even with their replacements they sent me; decklid - warped, absolutely no way to align that bad boy, they sent me a new one, after yelling & cussing; let's see, oh, I stupidly paid an extra amount of money to have the body partially prepped for paint, take a look to see all of the filler from one end to the next, another part of the project that ended up good, but not because of them).

I did not have to put the floor in, that was done, nice job of it too. They did slip me some extras, although minor and no big deal, power windows installed, an interior kit that looked like crap and no way in heck it would go in anything I own.

I had good and bad experiences, but overall, I feel o.k. with all of it now, I have a car that runs like a raped ape, people seem to really take to it, its a blast to drive, a pain to load/unload on a trailer (too low, but I love it anyway), always puts a smile on my face - even when it is being like a temper-mental woman...

That is my take. I do not worry about the past so much, always looking out for the future. If someone does not like the car, not my problem. I will state, people ask if it is a Street Beast, and even when they find out it is, they really complement it, and its quality - not just saying that either.

Sorry for the rambling, its really raining like crazy now... I think this is better than playing in the rain.

Jason