Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat
...a lot of people have made it their business to inform you about what a POS[ THEY BELIEVE] you decided to purchase. even tho they have NEVER built this car themselves, just self described experts in building cars,

Not everyone here with an opinion about those sub standard, Streetbeast kits fits that description. I've seen them, worked on them and and you don't have to buy and build an entire kit to know what the real score is. There are several others here who have first hand experience with those kits.

One of the Streetbeast cars I worked on had silicone caulk covering up piss poor welds on the frame....Specifically, the welds that held the front crossmember to the frame rails..I shoved an awl through the silicone, right under the weld bead...it was not even touching the adjacent rail. My customer, who bought the car already done, had no idea ..

Is the evaluation of a structural weld that has minimal penetration and not even fully joining the two peices together something that is subject to BELIEF?

Do I have to buy one of those kits to see and evaluate that to say that the quality is poor?

I don't think so.

JKG95 should not have his hopes of building a functional safe car smashed all to flivvers....BUT he NEEDS to be aware that there are things on his car he will need to pay attention to in order to make it like that..

Or should everyone just say "have fun, buddy". "Good luck with your build, guy".

If people did not share what they know, there would be NO Hotrodders bulletin board.

JKG95 can sift through the things he has heard, and read and make up his own mind about what he pays attention to during his build.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example