Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 06:21 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Street Beasts sales methods. It kinda sounds like the "boiler room" tactics their sales people use are out of desperation - make the sale or down the road. Their sales people depend on that kind of sale for their paycheck. With Florida laws making a haven for folks with less then great potential, I can see why companies settle in there and this selling method happens. I do not condone these tactics. If they don't understand the words that I'm considering their offer then they had best understand the word no - and the message and the language I use to convey that word. I'm nice once, not very the next time and downright abusive the third time a hardarse sales tactic is tried. Fortunately, for companies like SB, they prey on those that have trouble making a forceful 'no' decision. I don't have to be nice when it concerns my wallets or savings account contents. This is lumping SB under the same umbrella as the hard sales for time shares and even bogus or poor financial 'deal'.

A similar situation - 'The Boss' at a car dealership. This the guy that the salesman brings out when you are dickering price on a car and you aren't really close. He's the guy that asks how much do you really want to pay. I would bet we have all been subjected to that individual. Do your homework before you get there. I've walked several times only to get home and the phone rings with my price - works best between Thanksgiving and the first week in January.

If you don't want the product or are not sure, tell them no in no uncertain words. If you, for whatever reason, change your mind, you can call them back - if you upset someones paycheck, well too bad, but the fact is, you probably wont talk to him again - he's probably gone on to another "boiler room" to sell a vegamatic or electric scooters.

Dave W