Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 02:44 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I'm new here (but not new to hotrodding (or life)). About a year ago I was looking at various 'kit cars', Street Beasts being one of them. Well I got the catalog and then the phone calls started. Probably got 6 or so over a 2 month period.

The first one started out with the give you a discount (show price) blah, blah. then another one, then another one, etc. Prices going up, can fit you in now, etc.Somewhere along the line I asked for a name of someone close by that had one of their kits that I could talk to. Well the person was in South Carolina about 200+ miles away. Made me wonder who was getting those 40 kits a month.

Finally told the person to not call again because by that time I had searched the internet and had not liked what I found and then I hung up on him.

Took him about 5 seconds to call back and really start to ream my butt for the way I had treated him. WHAT ARROGANCE. I got the impression that if he was standing next to me I would have been blind sided and picking myself up off the floor.

He finally got the hint when I used a few choice 4 letter words (in about 10 seconds) and told him to NEVER call me again.

Needless to say, they are off my list.