Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 06:55 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428ho
I really would like to know what your end goal is here with SB....
Why can't you just let it go?
I don't know Jon's exact motivation but I do know why I participate in an extended thread like this. I'm a hot rodder. And as a part of the hot rodding community I hate seeing any sort of rip off artists taking advantage of our members.

A large part of why HR.Com exists is to help one another stay out of trouble and avoid pitfalls in the design and construction of our cars. This includes open and detailed discussion of vendors, suppliers, manufacturers and machine shops. There are dozens upon dozens of examples here on these pages where "reviews" (both good and bad) help steer newcomers and old timers alike toward the best and away from the worst.

I personally believe, based on what I've read and heard in this and other threads, that Streetbeast preys upon our fellow hot rodders with deceptive sales techniques and then uses strong arm tactics, including the threat of financial ruin, to silence any and all detractors. And since they continue to do this, right up until yesterday's postings, the hot rodding community needs to remain alert to the "beast" that is among us. As long as SB continues to threaten and intimidate this marketplace, HR.Com needs to keep it's membership informed.

Personally I applaud what HR.Com does by allowing us to share our experiences, both good and bad, with a massive audience. The thugs who prey on our community can only operate if they can operate in the dark and hide under the rocks. Jon provides us the opportunity to lift up those rocks and shine a very bright light on the actions and motivations of companies like SB.