Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 08:18 AM

Last journal entry: Free tires
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
I happened to look at a finished Street Beast a few days ago. Unfortunately the owner wasn't around so I couldn't ask him how much pain and anguish he went through to get it to that point - but it was an excellent looking car. Unfortunately, it still had the SB less then faithful to a '33/'34 Ford (to me, anyhow) look that I picked out as I drove by, then stopped for a better look.

The purpose of this thread wandered a bit and there are probably some comments that might be best deleted, but it does show that the old term learned in grade school, "caveat emptor" - let the buyer beware is to be considered. That "boiler room" sales techniques have been and still are being used. It also shows a potential buyer that there are probably better choices if he wants some faithfullness to an OEM Ford.

We can pick on several "kit" or repro manufacturers that have had some significant problems, but to the best of my knowledge, none as checquered as CMC/Street Beasts.

I don't believe Jon wants to run them out of business, just convince them that to be an honest and forthright supplier with honest advertising and sales techniques will gain them more sales and enhance their reputation and maybe have a presence here that would be a positive and forward move for their product.

Dave W
Probably the best post I've read here so far Dave.
Most others are knee jerkers.