Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 12:13 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboy
So much so that personally, I would be cautious about the recent entry of SB Insider into the discussion. Some of his/her statements don't quite add up. For example, the claim that "100's" of SB workers were laid off.

If we take prior SB claims as accurate, SB was producing about 50 kits per month prior to these layoffs. After the layoffs, according to Insider, they are producing 5-7 kits per month. Doing some quick math, Insider is saying they can currently produce 7 kits a month with a total of 7 workers. If we apply that same worker-to-kit ratio, then prior to the layoffs SB would have had a total of 50 production workers. (Roughly on kit per month per worker.) So why would there have been "hundreds" of workers on the payroll to produce just 50 kits?

The other immediate problem is that one of our own member saw first hand the factory operation (seemed to be in full production) at the period in time Insider says all the cars were being made somewhere else. This needs some clarification.

These and other discrepancies might all have logical explanations. But until there is some clarity I would advise against repeating these claims or taking them as gospel. I hope Insider understands that even if he's on the up and up, due caution needs to shown here.
Absolutely, I am not saying I believe this guy is who he says he is. However, he has a lot of inside knowledge of SOME company. If he is making this up, he is damn creative!

Brian