Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 11:42 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
........Anyone following this thread, PLEASE understand I do not support Street Beast's ways, I have and will only post on my experiences. I do really like my car, and will admit to having problems with it, and could give a rats hairy little rear if others think it is crap. To all: there is not a car out there that you will not have problems with, there is not a car out there that is absolutely perfect.........

Jason
Street Beast's business and sales tactics not withstanding, I think that those of us who have a problem with Street Breasts designs, that problem is centered around their 33-34 and Vicky, along with the one piece body concept. The Willys and Cobra aesthetically aren't bad at all (the Cobra is stretched a little but that doesn't distract from its lines much). The one piece body works well for Cobras and the like but when your talking street rods with fenders that "hang out there" in the wind and can easily be damaged beyond repair it quite frankly doesn't make sense. I would also point out that at least from what I have seen all their chassis are pretty much the same which in the case of the Cobra really hurts the finished product. There is just no way it will handle like an original Cobra with that suspension. On the other hand, their Willys is quite probably their best product overall.