Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Here's the Wikipedia page on anecdotal evidence: Anecdotal evidence. Anecdotes are fine for the forum, and for the Company Reviews section too. However, we want the wiki article to be more even-handed.

My concern isn't really with StreetBeast cars, it's with StreetBeasts as a company. Specifically, their history of fraud, their current use of fraud on this forum (for example, impersonating Curt Scott in an attempt to threaten me), their aggressive use of spin techniques, and their use of fear tactics to attempt to create a chilling effect, such that we won't speak up about them. The court docs demonstrate very clearly that they have a history consistent with such behavior.

Very similar situation with the Eaton Compressor lawsuit threat. It's no surprise at all to me that their parts are Chinese-manufactured. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're low-quality, and it's a very minor issue for me. What's troublesome is that same pattern of trying to spin the facts (ie: 60% "Made in the USA"), and then threatening us with frivolous lawsuits or financial ruin if we tell people the truth.

It's truly unethical, and I'm glad that we're documenting it permanently in our wiki.
Off subject, but if you want to give them my personal information, they can sue me for all the bills they want.

Jason