Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 05:22 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Cobra

There is a underlying hypocrisy in telling me that in a hobby where people routinely modify, fit, and hand build their cars to their own standards of excellence they then complain that our cars require the same sort of modifications fitment and assemble that street rodders normally do with anything or any car they get their hands on.
Nice try but totally wrong. When someone takes parts and pieces from many manufacturers and assembles a car he EXPECTS a lot of mods and custom fitting will be required. When someone buys a Streetbeast (according to all the slick advertising) he should be able to assemble the car with no problems. That's IF you believe the advertising which we all know is a joke.

Quote:
And it is hypocrisy to say on one hand that you completely stripped down a 1932 whatchamacallit and redesigned it in your own image to suit your ego, but couldn't build one of our cars because it is too hard for you to build.
Actually the term isn't "its too hard". More accurately one should say "its not worth the extra effort". Kits shouldn't need to be garage engineered. They should go together smoothly because the engineering has been done for you. That's what you're paying for when you buy a "kit". Unless its a Streetbeast where the engineering is so poor that you DO have to re-engineer most of it just to get the thing on the road.

Quote:
If you examine the fiberglass street rod/kit car industry as a whole from the early sixties until today, our cars are more complete, easier to assemble, and a better value in the long run then anything out there.
Spoken just like a streetbeast employee. Truth be damned just spew the party line.

Quote:
They were designed to be that and not a prefect exact replica of an original 1934 ford coupe down to the chicken wire and rubber roof.
Actually the Streetbeast design was based on one premise and one premise only: Lock the buyer into returning to Streetbeast for every major repair part that might be required for the life of the vehicle.

Quote:
There is a reason some other companies sell their cars with the doors and the trunks fitted and mounted, their customers couldn't complete those tasks on their own, given the methods those factories use to assemble them on their cars.
What a bunch of bull. Most other manufacturers provide a higher quality more accurate product and give the buyer the option of having the doors etc. pre-hung.

Quote:
I could if necessary rip to shreds the design of any other fiberglass kit car or street rod out their using the same exact criticism used on our cars, the only reason I choose not to is that it is not my style to bad mouth other companies, but I could.
Sure you could.