Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Cobra
There is a reason some other companies sell their cars with the doors and the trunks fitted and mounted, their customers couldn't complete those tasks on their own, given the methods those factories use to assemble them on their cars.
I worked for one of those "some other companies" for many years. The fitting procedure was the same as for any stock car that our bodies were a REPLICA of. We hung doors and decklids and fitted the dash and glovebox door and the cowl vent. We made sure the latches and dovetails all worked. We made sure that the windows worked. We made sure the body fit a REPLICA as well as a stock frame. When we shipped a body our customers were happy with what they got, as soon as they opened the crate.
We encouraged people to take delivery at the factory...in front of the people who built it,(at no extra charge for factory pickup), so they could see what they were getting.

We took PRIDE in our product.

I have seen the way your doors fit and are hung. I've worked on several cars belonging to customers who were overwhelmed with what they had to do.

My guess is that Streetbeasts ship them unassembled in the hopes that so much time passes between the time the customer recieves the crate full of parts and the time that they actually get a door on the car that they can't possibly have any recourse...or they just give up.
Or in the case of a determined few, they get the stuff to work and look good in spite of the poor quality.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example