Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 04:15 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428ho
Based on that, "I'd guess" you want them to tell every potential customer all the horrid details of their past (which was another company) and put it in their sales brochure. Might as well close the doors. Oh that's right, that's what you all want.
The FACT is that they are another company IN NAME ONLY. They have the same ownership and management that was in place when they were convicted of fraud. Another FACT is that nothing has changed. They use the same high pressure sales techniques, same flawed design and same slick misleading advertising. Streetbeast, Classic Motor Carriages, Fiberfab.... all had the same ownership and management structure, Florida corporation documents prove this. The FACT that they changed their name at least three times just shows that was done to HIDE FROM THEIR PAST.

Several years ago I decided it was time to get out of muscle cars and move into street rods. So.. I sold my modified Corvette and called Streetbeast/CMC. Before moving to Ohio I had lived in Pompano Beach, Fl. just around the corner from their factory at the time. I called them because I was familiar with the company's name and had seen their commercials (they were sponsoring one of the Saturday morning hot rod shows at the time).

They sent me a catalog and over the next few weeks kept calling me offering special "deals". I realized they were using high pressure sales tactics but since I was traveling to Florida to attend my niece's wedding anyway I arranged a tour of their facility. I had a friend that purchased a Fiberfab GT-40 "kit" a few years earlier but I had not seen one of Streetbeast/CMC's 34 Ford "kits" in person and before spending that kind of money I wanted to know as much about my eminent purchase as possible.

Although the Streetbeast/CMC people were cordial and the tour was interesting I was not impressed with what I saw. The welding was not what I would call high quality and the frame design just didn't seem right. The fiberglass was OK but the finished product just didn't look quite right and after thinking about it for a little while I realized that if I purchased a kit from them there was nowhere I could go to get spare body parts except back to Streetbeast/CMC.

After I returned home the calls started again. Almost every week and didn't quit until I finally told them I would report them to the FCC if they called again. I was lucky that my instincts told me to do some background investigation before spending thousands on what turned out to be in my opinion an inferior product. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who don't take the time to investigate the history, quality and background of a company they're considering making a large purchase from. Those are the people who fall for the (now Streetbeast) slick advertising and find themselves in way over their heads. Streetbeast is COUNTING ON THIS. That's why they will do anything to HIDE THEIR PAST.

You can see that although I have not personally built a Streetbeast I know a lot about them. I'm just glad that I decided back then to buy and old 41 Chevy and build a pro-street car rather than a Streetbeast/CMC product. If I had I would just be one of their customers that got screwed waiting for parts that were never going to show up. And even if I had received them, I would probably still be trying to get the thing together and on the road.

Last edited by Centerline; 11-25-2008 at 10:50 PM.