Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Cobra
But lets be honest about the street rod industry for once, it is every bit as cut throat as your worst claims about Street Beast, for one thing most of the fly by night splash trash rod shops make no attempt what so ever to sell a complete product, they depend on the customer to gather all the components they don't or cannot supply despite using the pictures of absolutely stunning professionally built cars in their brochures.

Building a street rod or car of any kind is a personal statement, and using the various commercially available parts to make a car that is truly your own is the end goal of every true hotrodder.

Buying a Streetbeast kit removes the option of creating that unique car for yourself

Can you build a Highboy 34 using a sb kit? No.
Can you show the truly graceful lines of the frame and use a traditional suspension ? No.

Many people want that. about half of the bodies we sold were for highboy cars. Many were channeled with extended lower reveals for a look that a SB car could not ever have.

The replica frames that are available are just as strong, if not stronger than the sb car, and the suspension types available can make a replica car suitable for any type of driving a guy wants.

I do commend you on your loyalty to the company you work for. And I commend you on the desire to make things better. Maybe your company can get itself out of the rut they have created for itself, but it won't happen overnight, and it won't happen by any type of discussion. Unless we start seeing posts made by people who have completed building recently aquired SB cars and they can prove that the company has made a turnaround.

Later, mikey

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example