Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 12:04 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Cobra
I never said I was leaving just that I would be devoting more of my time to our customers.
Maybe not but we can hope.

Quote:
You people certainly have a way of twisting my words around to suit your claims.
That's kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it?

Quote:
But lets be honest about the street rod industry for once, it is every bit as cut throat as your worst claims about Street Beast, for one thing most of the fly by night splash trash rod shops make no attempt what so ever to sell a complete product, they depend on the customer to gather all the components they don't or cannot supply despite using the pictures of absolutely stunning professionally built cars in their brochures.
That's entirely the point. Streetbeast's design, despite in my opinion being dated and of poor quality, locks the builder into being a Streetbeast's customer forever. If he ever needs a major replacement body part he has no choice and is at the mercy of Streetbeast to supply their "unique" replacement and..... THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!

Quote:
Street Beasts uses only customer built cars in their brochures, That is one of the major differences between Street Beasts and Classic Motor Carriages by the way, CMC never once placed a customer's car in their literature.
Oh really??? Just a quick jaunt through your "customer" section on the web site pulls up several "customer's" cars that were Pro-built. So much for that lie.

Quote:
And as for fit and finish I know for a fact that those same splash trash garage types always use the same line " it's the customers responsibility to ensure proper fit" I'd like to see one example how the administrators and Moderators of this board have gone after any other company that sells the sort of trash some people pass off as a quality street rod body.
Really?? I have a deuce body from one of those "splash trash" types you have such a distaste for and guess what??? Mine came with the doors and trunk mounted, with common GM electric window regulators mounted, and the dash mounted from the factory, all at no extra charge. And what else, I can purchase fenders almost anywhere for this car. The same with a frame, hood, grill, etc. etc. And body parts made by Henry will bolt right on with just a little fitting, which by the way would be the same if it was a steel original body. When completed at least my deuce will look like a Ford instead of looking just like every other Streetbeast out there, which by the way look like anything BUT a Ford.

Quote:
I've been going to Street Rod shows since 1976 and I know what is out there and what is passed off as better than ours because it is "more original" and I can only believe that the very selective attack on this company is nothing more than mass myopia driven by a few who stand to profit from their efforts.
Most of the stuff out there IS better than yours and not one person posting on this board has any financial stake in the success or failure of Streetbeast. All we are interested in is making sure the novice builder has all the information he needs to make an informed, educated decision. Something Streetbeast is NOT INTERESTED IN. If they were there would be no law suit and they WOULDN'T BE RUNNING AWAY FROM THEIR DISMAL PAST.