Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,318 Times in 1,144 Posts
Man this is sick that find myself defending these guys, but we are now talking about "quality" and ascetics which are OPINION and nothing more.

Look at "rat rods" the shows are full of them that are a engineering and ascetic nightmare!

These KIT CARS are designed more like a hot tub or camper shell, to get a job done not look like a work of art under the "shell".

That frame is a hundred miles from the original 34 frame, and a hundred miles from something most of us would build from scratch. But it will get the job done if the welds are quality, if the suspension components are mounted correctly with correct geometry. If those two factors are correct, under the "hot tub" body no one will ever know the difference.

Man, I will bet a dollar that if we were to tear apart every streetrod at a Goodguys event we would find a few things on every one of them that look as crude as this SB frame.

Hell, I know for a fact of a big name builder in the area that built a very famous top winning car that I have the opportunity to see it with the interior panels removed. It didn't look much better than that SB I'll tell you that! It was CRUDE with a bare metal rusting structure in the body!

Come on now, is the car safe? Does it provide an enjoyable day for the owner to cruise around in it on a Sunday afternoon with the grand kids or kids?

And as far as a "Standard of the industry", WHAT industry?? In the KIT CAR industry that IS a standard!

Brian

Last edited by MARTINSR; 12-14-2008 at 02:20 PM.