Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 01:24 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Man this is sick that find myself defending these guys, but we are now talking about "quality" and ascetics which are OPINION and nothing more.................

..................Come on now, is the car safe? Does it provide an enjoyable day for the owner to cruise around in it on a Sunday afternoon with the grand kids or kids?

Brian
Ascetics of the frame and driving around on a Sunday afternoon isn't the problem. The problem is that these "kits" are marketed to novice builders as "easy to build" by the sales representatives. They are ANYTHING BUT EASY TO BUILD!!!!! They have structural engineering problems with the way the body is mounted to the frame and several other PROBLEMS. Can a pro builder make one of these cars nice? Sure. Can your average shadetree do a good job? Yes with enough time and re-engineering. Can a novice build this car successfully? I think the existence of places like Southwest Rod and Custom attest to the fact that a novice can't build this "kit" without a lot of help. As I said before Streetbeast "kits" bring a new meaning to how to design a kit to be complicated and HARD TO BUILD.

Defend them all you wan't but there is no defense against a BAD DESIGN.