Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 10:28 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffas23
I just want to mention here that the CMC frame accepts Mustang II front suspension and rack and pinion and a original Ford Rearend just like plenty of the other Street Rod frames presently sold today. Plenty have gone this way and don't built their Street Rods in the traditional way with the old style suspension an original '33-'34 Ford would have. I would guess maybe a Outlaw body siting on a frame that accepts the Mustang II suspension would disqualify that kind of a build not to be a so called Street Rod since the components are not of the original design of a '33-'34 Ford. How else should I look at it based on what you are trying to say here about my car and the body and frame CMC produced for their '34?
The Outlaw, Wescott, Redneck and my Gibbon 34 use a frame that is built to original 33-34 Ford specs. You can actually take an original 33-34 Ford steel body and mount it (with all holes lining up) to a reproduction frame. You cannot do that with a SB frame or body. As far as original Mustang II suspension pieces bolting up to the frame, who want's original Mustang II suspension components . All the other true to design reproduction frames either use Mustang II geometry specialty built tubular A arms or they use a drop front axle similar to the original. I believe one of Brian's points was that the SB frame cannot be used with any other body than an SB body.

Vince