Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 09:30 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
......... There are times that I would love to burn the thing though, getting a little burned out on it, and sometimes think sell and buy something finished. Then what would that get me, somebody else's thoughts, work, personality, etc.Jason
I have had the same problem when it comes to building a house. The first one my wife and I built once we got it to the point where we could move in we didn't touch a thing for 22 months because we were so burned out. We did finally finish it though. On this house, our log home, I didn't want that to happen so when we moved in we cut down our working hours to about half, and only worked 3-4 days a week on it. That worked and we had it completely finished in another 12 months instead of almost 2 years. Here's a pic of the one we finished last spring.

What I do when it comes to a big project like the house or something in the garage is pick a task that you want to get done that day. Make sure its realistic and can be done in just a few hours. When you run into a task that will take several days then just break it up into smaller tasks. That way you always feel like you have accomplished something at the end of the day.

Works for me anyway.