Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - StreetBeast rod kit's
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 04:07 PM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

This is off the topic of the SB but to say there is little and hard to spot difference between the steel and glass cars is just a huge joke, equally ridiculous is the phrase bolts right on.
I used the word soul when I spoke of the metal car, now I will try to explain a little further for the one that this comment went over the heads…

Close the door on a metal car here that sound, it also has a more positive feel to the latching. Same goes for the vets
Tight curves and bends the same no way the glass bodies are rounded not sharp, metal is more durable, that is the reason the cars are still around. Metal does not change shape just sitting around a shop or in the sun.
I like the drip rail on the metal cars; they are delicate, crisp and have small defects where spot welded to the top. These are a few examples of the soul that lacks on the glass cars , there is a difference and it is real , from rats to vws I generally get the idea that the owners are driving and enjoying the hobby in the mode that they like ………… and that is as it should be.. I will agree we disagree and that is just fine., but you are wrong on the same same and can not tell the difference ……. that statement is all wet ..