StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 11 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 04:12 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
Mr. StreetbeastOptsMan,

You have had your posts edited several times by different moderators for commercial advertising. This is the only warning I'm going to give you. If you post one more commercial ad you will face a two week suspension pending a moderator's discussion on a permanent ban from the site.

In order to avoid the above action, FOLLOW THE POSTING GUIDELINES YOU AGREED TO WHEN YOU JOINED THIS SITE.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008, 04:17 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
I will try to answer them as best as I can
Fine. Then you can start by answering the questions below that were asked to answer in a post a couple pages ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Questions to be answered:

1. Is StreetBeast still operating under the direct supervision of the Florida Attorney General's office? If so when do you expect to have all the complaints satisfied that caused this to happen?

2. Please explain how a customer goes about replacing a fender that was damaged in an accident? How long does he have to wait for a new fender??

3. Please explain how many body parts made for a 34 Ford will interchange or fit on a StreetBeast 34.

4. Please explain why your products deviate so much from the original.

5. Please explain why your marketing is so deceptive.

How's that for starters?
If you ignore these again we will all finally know that your company is indeed the sleazy outfit that it has been painted out to be and that history really does repeat itself.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:13 AM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Centerline,

You've followed Streetbeasts through several iterations of their company and rather aggressively.

Can you answer a simple question that's been nagging me for a while?

"Did you ever, or were you ever financially involved with this company (or it's many iterations) and did you get burned on a deal gone bad?"

I've never seen anyone quite like you on the web apply such scrutiny and vilification of a street rod mnfr. like you have.

Seriously, what's the deal? Did you get burnt, ripped off, stolen from?

Please tell your side of the story so you can stop taking cheap shots at a company that doesn't have the most stellar history. Boyd wasn't exactly a top shelf guy and people looove him. Why is that?

Tell you what, even if my and my father's build turns out to be the worst, with terrible parts etc. At least I'd have a foot to stand on.

Do you?

Jay K.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:28 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Centerline,

You've followed Streetbeasts through several iterations of their company and rather aggressively.

"Did you ever, or were you ever financially involved with this company (or it's many iterations) and did you get burned on a deal gone bad?"

I've never seen anyone quite like you on the web apply such scrutiny and vilification of a street rod mnfr. like you have.

Please tell your side of the story so you can stop taking cheap shots at a company that doesn't have the most stellar history. Boyd wasn't exactly a top shelf guy and people looove him. Why is that?

Tell you what, even if my and my father's build turns out to be the worst, with terrible parts etc. At least I'd have a foot to stand on.

Do you?

Jay K.

The questions Centerline asked are certinly questions that I would want to know, b4 considering buying from Streetbeasts because of there shady history. there not agressive questions..

I can spot a Street Beasts '34 from a distance easy, because they look like toys compared to real reproduction bodies. so asking a question on why they do that, is very legitimate.. There prices are about what the others charge, but they offer financing which makes people belive it's cheap and easy when really it's not.

you don't have to be a previous customer, these companys get customers from previous customer testimonials from sites like this
Old 06-10-2008, 09:08 AM
boatbob2

Streetbeasts.......

Hi,you can take a turd and put a beautiful paint job on it,BUT,its still a turd.why is it a 1 piece body? because it doesnt take a brain surgeon to build it,its overpriced,not an accurate reproduction.way,way too thick, using the correct materials,the body would be stronger,at half the weight.(chopper gun layup,very little hand work,(besides trimming) bust a fender and try to get a replacement,,,ive looked them over at car shows (Tampa) ask a question of their salesman,and get a DUH !!!! nuff said,just my rant..
Old 06-10-2008, 09:18 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I think the only question that I would not have asked was #5 of Centerline's list. I'm not sure that their marketing is much more deceptive then a few other manufacturers. I also would have reworded #4 and asked why they call it a '34 Ford when for sure it really doesn't have the same appearance nor do I believe that Ford has licensed them to call it that. Their credibility would have not suffered quite so much by this statement: "Turn Heads with Our 1934 Ford 3 window Coupe!" It isn't a fair replica of one. Caveat emptor

JGK - I really hope that you and your dad will be happy with their product. There are a lot of areas that need improvement, but there have been many well built versions regardless of the fact that builders have needed to make many 'fixes'. Regardless of the negative product discussion here, I hope that many of us will render assistance when or if you need some.

Dave W
Old 06-10-2008, 09:35 AM

Last photo:

Dave W,

Thank you for your always appreciated response.

But this call out is solely directed at one individual who has read this thread and isn't responding.

Jay K.

Quote:
Centerline,

Do you?

Jay K.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:48 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Dave W,

But this call out is solely directed at one individual who has read this thread and isn't responding.

Jay K.
his last post was yesterday, he hasn't been on line yet.. just be patient.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:23 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Centerline,

I'll be more than happy to answer your questions.

Quote:
Did you ever, or were you ever financially involved with this company (or its many iterations) and did you get burned on a deal gone bad?"
I have never been involved in any way with Streetbeast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab. At one time I did live about 2 miles from their original factory in Plantation, Fla. and I have seen their operation first hand. Streetbeast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab's entire marketing strategy is based on trying to be the Earl Schieb of the kit car industry. Sell as many as possible as cheaply as possible.

Quote:

Street Rodding is made up of a wide variety of people. Everything from 60 year old gearheads that have been building cars since high school to first time novices. Streetbeast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab preys on the novice. Their advertising is deceptive, their product second rate, and they have a history of screwing customers out of thousands of dollars in the process. This resulted in the State of Florida shutting them down TWICE, hence the name change. Trust me, they wouldn't have changed their name so often if it weren't in an attempt to shed an extremely poor reputation.

Quote:
I'm hardly taking "cheap shots". Each one of my statements is TRUE and can be easily verified. All you have to do is a little investigation into the company's background to see that what I have said is accurate. Streetbeast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab is in the business of making money and they do that by taking advantage of the uneducated novice consumer. Their sales practices are high pressure. Unfortunately a lot of first timers fall for their slick marketing hype only to find out that what the company says in their ads is hardly accurate. Especially when it comes to ease of assembly and quality of their design. All you have to do is ask New Interiors about their design. Look how much redesign work he has had to put into his Streatbeast.

You're totally wrong about Boyd as well, may he rest in peace. The fact of the matter is that the guy was an idiot. He had great design sense but no common sense. He had no clue know how to treat employees and in the end wound up relying mostly on his reputation rather than the quality of his builds to generate customers. I walked from the host hotel to the NSRA Nats with him a couple years ago and he told me that what happens on his show was really the way things go at his shop. If what he was telling me was true then that proves my point....the man was an idiot. If it wasn't, then he was a liar. You can take your pick which you believe but either way it doesn't speak well of the man's business sense.

Quote:

Do you?

Jay K.
You can hop around on one foot if you want to but I will stand with both feet firmly planted in the truth. Don't you wonder why StreetbeastOptsMan hasn't addressed any of my questions? I can tell you why. Even though they are very easy questions to answer he knows that just like a good lawyer, I wouldn't have asked them unless I already knew the answer. He also knows that answering them would show the flaws in their design and point out the predatory nature of their marketing concept. He's no fool and the last thing he wants to do is debate his company's reputation and history in a public forum. Doing so would bring to light the company's dismal customer service history and legal problems, and it is precisely that history and reputation they are trying to shed. Hence the name change first from Fiberfab then to Classic Motor Carriages (CMC) and finally now to Streetbeast.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:40 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Dave W,

Jay K.
My responsibilities to this board are first as a moderator. Once I complete those duties and IF I have time then I'll answer questions. I'm also located in the Pacific time zone so please forgive me if I didn't get up at 3:00 AM to comment on your post.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:18 PM

Last photo:

If you're one to get up at 3 AM, then Bravo, Good Sir.

Me?

I'm dead to the world until 6 AM.

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your response. I don't agree with all of it, but DO appreciate you taking the time to explain your stance.

That said, we take delivery of the Street beasts kit on Wed. Evening and will have pics up of the frame for Randy's review.

Cheers,

Jay K.

ps. psssst, Boyd was an idiot. Anybody who had an abusive foreman with the worst case of "little man syndrome" and couldn't see that was truly an idiot.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:28 PM

Last photo:

I have seen Randy's car first hand and the mods he has made to make the car "work". I don't believe a beginner could handle this car to build. Randy has re-engineered most of the car and with out the talent and knowhow to do that you are stuck. That IMHO is why you can buy half built ones the people have given up on. Randy has made the car he has safe better and more usable. In other words He has made the car the way it should have been made from the factory.I think that all of the question that Centerline has asked should be answered.

So Street beast dude..PLEASE ANSWER CENTERLINES QUESTIONS FOR ALL OF US TO HEAR.....and do it honestly without turning it into a darn add for your products.

As for as Boyd goes..RIP . I met him in the late eightes while I was stationed out in california and all I can say is he was not the most freindly guy I ever met. JMO Tim
Old 06-10-2008, 03:01 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
If you're one to get up at 3 AM, then Bravo, Good Sir.

Me?

I'm dead to the world until 6 AM.

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your response. I don't agree with all of it, but DO appreciate you taking the time to explain your stance.

That said, we take delivery of the Street beasts kit on Wed. Evening and will have pics up of the frame for Randy's review.

Cheers,

Jay K.

ps. psssst, Boyd was an idiot. Anybody who had an abusive foreman with the worst case of "little man syndrome" and couldn't see that was truly an idiot.
My whole problem with Streetbeast is how they market themselves mainly to the beginner. Their slick ads tend to make novices think the whole thing is easier than it really is and a lot of people fall for it. All I'm trying to do is get people to educate themselves before plunking down that much cash. In most cases they don't completely understand what they're getting themselves into.

I really do wish you all the luck in the world and hope you have a smooth build. Just remember we have plenty of people here who can help if you need it.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Viva la Migra!!

Last photo:

just me , but I wouldn't mess with a street heap. Beat beast. wait - no - street beast. that's the ticket.

I'm a novice and I heed warnings.
no beast heap.
street heap bad.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:57 AM

Last photo:

Well, we finally took delivery of the Street Beast last night after dealing with the most unprofessional shipping organization I've ever heard of!

AVOID USING "REDLINE" OR "REDLINE SHIPPING" BASED OUT OF ELK GROVE, ILLINOIS.

These low rent f'k ups couldn't deliver their order at a McDonalds drive through!

Finally, after being jerked around for the second time, our guy with the flatbed that we hired to offload the street beast street rod off of their semi, WENT AND GOT IT from them as they couldn't figure out how to delay us a second time. I was seein' red and definitely would've got in trouble if I went along for the pick up of the rod. I did better though, I emptied out the garage and prepped it for the delivery of the '34 Cabriolet. The Street Rod was finally in our driveway and loaded into the garage by the flatbed driver named Donny from Performance Towing here in Chicago (Strongly recommended). If you've ever witnessed an artist with a paintbrush in person, that's what this guy was like. He managed to push the 14' crate into the garage with inches to spare on either side. It was amazing to watch this guy do his job with such precision. That's it for now. This weekend we'll do an inventory of what was delivered and go from there. I gotta say from the little I saw of the car through the crate last night, I was impressed.

Cheers,

Jay K.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.