StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 13 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The biggest thing I don't like about the street beast is,The body can't be taken off the frame when finished,If it needed to be taken off.That's why I redesigned mine.Mr Marty from over there,Said It will never work what I wanted to do!!! Boy HE WAS WRONG!!!!!!! Before you can have someone there to tell people how to build there car's,It would be a great idea to let him build one himself !!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 11:20 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
I don't know what you want me to say, if a car gets into a wreck, whether its the fender , door, trunk lid, , the damaged part can be ordered, we send front clips out all the time , damaged part cut out and the new part needs to be glassed in obviously by some who does professional fiberglass work, as for the one piece body, we designed it because it structurally stronger , up to 3/8 inch thick and even thicker in your stress areas, the whole body is steel reinforced , even the running boards, if this answer isnt good enough , we have a opening for a R&D manager , you can feel free to stop in and fill out an application , maybe you something to offer us

Ok.. if the fenders are steel reinforced, then the old fender could be removed and then a new fender would sit on the steel reinforcements, and glassed in, leaving no worries for going out of square if everything is lined up on the supports correctly.. That seems to make sense with what you said, but I just want to make sure.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:27 AM

Fender Repair

Im glad we are on the same page
Old 06-12-2008, 11:30 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
I don't know what you want me to say, if a car gets into a wreck, whether its the fender , door, trunk lid, , the damaged part can be ordered, we send front clips out all the time , damaged part cut out and the new part needs to be glassed in obviously by some who does professional fiberglass work, as for the one piece body, we designed it because it structurally stronger , up to 3/8 inch thick and even thicker in your stress areas, the whole body is steel reinforced , even the running boards, if this answer isnt good enough , we have a opening for a R&D manager , you can feel free to stop in and fill out an application , maybe you something to offer us
If you are talking about the steel reinforcement that comes with the kit,''BOY THAT'S A JOKE''

P.S IF I was a manager over there thing's would sure be different,And a few people would be looking for another job!!!!

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 06-12-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:47 AM

Cmon Down !!

The aplication pad is in the lobby, I given all of you an open invitation to come down to the factory, even some of you locals, haven't yet seen anyone, instead of this thread bashing this company, why dont you make it a thread to help people build these cars and give support, answer questions ect
Old 06-12-2008, 11:52 AM

Last photo:

I find nothing wrong with hearing the truth, if you call it bashing so be it. I have seen NEW INTERIORS' car and I can back up everything he has stated on this subject. HE IS STATING TRUTH. You call it bashing ...I call it being truthful and telling it like it is. When somebody is about to give 20 large on a car I think they need to hear the truth about what they are getting into. JMO Tim
Old 06-12-2008, 11:52 AM
boatbob2

street beasts....

Hi New Interiors,i would fire a bunch of them also.but,the advertising chief would be one of the first to go,i dont think they ever heard of truth in advertising !!!.3/8 inch thick body,it really is that thick,thats because they use a chopper gun,and dont use any fab mat ot bi-ply rovings.could make it a lot lighter,by using the correct materials,instead of thick glass to make it strong.of course,it could make a nice car,IF,you dont mind re- inventing the wheel. just my rant.......
Old 06-12-2008, 11:56 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
The aplication pad is in the lobby, I given all of you an open invitation to come down to the factory, even some of you locals, haven't yet seen anyone, instead of this thread bashing this company, why dont you make it a thread to help people build these cars and give support, answer questions ect
If you go back and read a little, I'm one of the few that say's some of the good thing's about your car.And if I was closer I would have been there right after I talked to your smart a** Mr Marty on the phone.But I made a promise to myself that one of these day's I will take my family on a little vacation.And I will stop in to say hi to Mr Marty IN PERSON.

And I'm the one that had a good long talk with Jay that is a member here, over the phone about your cars!!! Good and bad.And also said I would help him any way I can!!!!!

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 06-12-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:07 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Since the Streetbeast rep wont comment on nor answer my previous question - I'll just ask another.

How much does that body weigh with 3/8" plus thickness? Any quality 'glass bodies and components that I've seen will generally have in the neighborhood of 1/8" of various kinds of 'glass plus gel coating for strength. While not an expert on 'glass cars, I am using Wescott front fenders on my project car and had used Wescott front and rears on my previous car and the only area that they may exceed that thickness is the flange to running board/splash shield area - and that's only about 3/16" and to allow final fitup grinding.

Jay - this and my previous is more for personal interest and has nothing to do with our previous discussion .

Dave W
Old 06-12-2008, 12:28 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Since the Streetbeast rep wont comment on nor answer my previous question - I'll just ask another.

How much does that body weigh with 3/8" plus thickness? Any quality 'glass bodies and components that I've seen will generally have in the neighborhood of 1/8" of various kinds of 'glass plus gel coating for strength. While not an expert on 'glass cars, I am using Wescott front fenders on my project car and had used Wescott front and rears on my previous car and the only area that they may exceed that thickness is the flange to running board/splash shield area - and that's only about 3/16" and to allow final fitup grinding.

Jay - this and my previous is more for personal interest and has nothing to do with our previous discussion .

Dave W

Dave,I have to agree with you,When fiber glass is done the ''RIGHT'' way it can be stronger with out being to thick.I know on my car,the gel coat will chip off all over the edge's.Because it was not done RIGHT,You CAN'T fill the corners with just gel coat.BIG no no,
Old 06-12-2008, 12:32 PM

Last photo:

But But...Did we scare off the Street beast dude? He no want to play no more. Just kiddin around ,Tim
Old 06-12-2008, 12:36 PM

Last photo:

Someone might have shown-ed up.He had to go. Man!!!! Does any body know where Centerline is ? He would sure be enjoying this. Wake him up somebody.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:02 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Hey Tim,

It's easy to tear down somebody aint it?

How about you build something and we denigrate it?

Randy's the only one on here who has actual experience with their product entitling him and only him to remark about thier product.

Sound fair?

Jay K.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:16 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

I'm here. Just recuperating from splitting my side open laughing at his comments.

So..... you just replace a fender. One has to wonder.... does Streetbeast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab actually keep a stock of fenders for all their cars on hand to send out to people or do you shut down the production line in order to pull a fender for a specific customer when they need one?? Wouldn't it be easier if the customer could just go to any of the multitude of reproduction companies and just purchase a fender for a 34 Ford?? Oh, what am I saying..... he can't go to anyone except Streetbeast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab to replace a fender since his body isn't even close to the original. It must be nice to have captive customers.

Now for the big question...... How many Classic Motor Carriage's management and sales employees are still working for the company????? It will be interesting to here the answer to this one since CMC's sales people had a reputation for stretching the truth when talking to potential customers.

I also agree that this thread does NOT bash Streetbeast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab. WE ARE JUST POINTING OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT AN INFERIOR COMPANY WITH AN INFERIOR PRODUCT THAT IS IN THE BUSINESS OF RIPPING OFF NOVICE STREET ROD ENTHUSIASTS.

Last edited by Centerline; 06-12-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:23 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Hey Tim,

It's easy to tear down somebody aint it?

How about you build something and we denigrate it?

Randy's the only one on here who has actual experience with their product entitling him and only him to remark about thier product.

Sound fair?

Jay K.

Maybe you are right and maybe you are wrong on some accounts. As for as tearing anybody down when did i do that? I want to hear the question answered in a way that ...basically answers the questions asked.

As far as build something for everybody to cut down? Who's build am I cutting down?

You are very correct Randy does know his stuff about these cars and I am backing him up (because i have been to his shop on a regular basis and have seen it) because there are alot of non-believers But if I have offended you in any way .Sorry I didn't know I would.

Tim

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.