StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 14 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
WE ARE JUST POINTING OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT AN INFERIOR COMPANY WITH AN INFERIOR PRODUCT THAT IS IN THE BUSINESS OF RIPPING OFF NOVICE STREET ROD ENTHUSIASTS.
LIBEL 101,

If you've got nothing nice to say and no "current" facts to back you up, please refrain from posting. You've got no real world experience with these guys and live vicariously through the past dealings of a company on the upswing.

The only fact you've got so far is both mine and Randy's experiences and then you've only heard it second hand from both of us.

So either Chill out and learn from my REAL WORLD experience or stop crying.

WAR IT'S MY PARTY AND I'LL CRY IF I WANT TO!

Advertisement

Last edited by JGK95; 06-12-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Come on guy's!!!!! Let's stay on the right track here.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:09 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
LIBEL 101,

If you've got nothing nice to say and no "current" facts to back you up, please refrain from posting. You've got no real world experience with these guys and live vicariously through the past dealings of a company on the upswing.

The only fact you've got so far is both mine and Randy's experiences and then you've only heard it second hand from both of us.

So either Chill out and learn from my REAL WORLD experience or stop crying.

WAR IT'S MY PARTY AND I'LL CRY IF I WANT TO!
Libel 101??? Try Free Speach.

We will see if your tone stays the same after you attempt to assemble that "thing" that was delivered yesterday. I'm betting it will become one of the MANY Streetbeast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab half built projects that wind up on e-bay. If you think the delivery problems you had were bad, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Good luck, you're going to need it.

By the way, I've been building street rods, muscle cars, and hot rods for 45 years. Come talk to me when you can speak from experience instead of through the idealistic dreams of a novice.

Last edited by Centerline; 06-12-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:14 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
We will see if your tone stays the same after you attempt to assemble that "thing" that was delivered yesterday. I'm betting it will become one of the MANY Streetbeast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab half built projects that wind up on e-bay. Good luck, you're going to need it.

By the way, I've been around street rods, muscle cars, and hot rods for 45 years. Come talk to me when you can speak from experience instead of through the idealistic dreams of a novice.
LOL!

You'll never learn. As I've stated earlier, even if it went South, it'd be MY first hand experience.

Not Yours.

I'm lookin' forward with optimism and success.

Thanks,

Jay K.

Last edited by JGK95; 06-12-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:49 PM
31 five window

Last journal entry: Master cylinder
Last photo:

Quote:
LOL!

You'll never learn. As I've stated earlier, even if it went South, it'd be MY first hand experience.

Not Yours.

Thanks,

Jay K.
I am good friends with NEW INTERIORS and have first hand knowledge of his build. I am pulling for you. I would like to see a pic of your new frame to see if they still have the under dash and trunk lid bracing welded to the frame and sticking up through the floor of the car?I also have a lot of fiberglass experience and metal fab as well.I am currently building a steel 31 Ford 5 window coupe and building my frame from scratch.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:

I have been watching this circus act for a while.

As I see it ... you ( JGK95 ) have NO real world experience with these guys except to PAY for the crate your kit came in. One man ... has made the KIT work. Even he says that the KIT has many issues ... that he had to correct. Everyone else says to run and hide from Street Beasts.

Face the facts ... Street Beasts are the " Rodney Dangerfield " of street rod kits. They get NO RESPECT How many real street rod events have you ever been to? Not some local deal ... But a NSRA or GoodGuys type national event. Between Centerline and myself ... I would guess we have been to 150 to 200 major events combined total. My NSRA membership number is less than 2000 ... so you know I have been doing this a long time. I have owned a 32 Ford Henry steel roadster for over 30 years.

I am currently working on a Henry Steel 32 Ford 3W ... ( now apart for BLACK paint )

I mention these things to show you I am no " fresh to the scene " want to be rodder. Street Beast cars are a JOKE to most rodders ... who have been around the Hobby actively for more than 3 or 4 years. JUST A FACT ... sorry

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 06-12-2008, 07:41 PM

Last photo:

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:43 PM

Last journal entry: 32 Ford cabriolet conversion/windshield
Last photo:

Jay; It's been 24+ hours since the roll back arrived with the crate some of us bystanders would like to see some of it.

I am a big fan of cabriolets, so I am curious
Old 06-12-2008, 08:01 PM

Last photo:

Deuce,

Didn't we have this 'go around' a couple pages back? Didn't we acknowledge the enjoyment of steel working? It's like Deja Vu all over again.

I never thought of you as a newb. Unlike you, your counterpart comes off as sophomoric and childish. He could learn a thing or two from you on proper web conduct.

F&J,

Thanks for the queries, the pictures will be coming this weekend. Family's first you know so the pics will follow this Saturday.

Speedy,

Thanks for the continued support man!

Cheers,

Jay K.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Blowin' it

Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart
What do you do cut off a fender and replace it with what? Do you sell individual parts if so then why 1pc body? I would think cutting of 1 part and trying to replace it would suck on a 1 pc body.
Actually, it is pretty easy. Been there, and done it.

Jason
Old 06-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Blowin' it

Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I know their cars very well too. I KNOW what it takes to assemble them things very, very well. It takes a lot of patience, and lot of re-thinking. Do I think their product is crap - NO!

The majority that like to talk the most smack seem to be the ones that go off of what they hear, and then some know somebody that has had dealings, and then of course are the ones that have had to deal with it.

I personally like the one piece body, that is why I went with it. Frame has been modified some, as well as the steel inner structures of the body. The only components used of theirs is of course the body, decklid and doors, the inner steel structure (modified), and the frame (also modified). The other things were either purchased or fab'd. Then the rest went along pretty well. Dang, now that I read what I wrote, it was a lot of crap to go through.

I will never forget the numerous weekends of making new door hinges, and aligning the doors - could have choked someone. The ones it came with would not allow the doors to shut, then only opened enough for a newborn to fit through.

Real world experience, I have honestly seen some Street Beast cars go for the same and for more $$$, than the "top" named cars next to them. I have seen a personal friend take the Street Beast "Vicky" and turn it into a top notch show winner, and then turned around and sold the thing for $87,000, when he only had $30K to $35K in it. I guess this is all besides the point.

It is what you can put into it and turn it into what you want. Are they functional - YES. Are they a pain in the butt - YES. But when done with the same amount of pride and enthusiasm as a Wescott, Outlaw, or whatever, they can be really nice...

Their sales practices are 100% DECEPTIVE, or at least in the past. I do not know how Street Beast is now. My opinion, if you are to purchase their product, DO NOT purchase their extras, i.e. interior or body prep - THAT IS A JOKE!

Hey Streetbeastsoptsman, do you want to buy an interior kit back? How about a refund for body prep???

Sorry for the long jibber jab post.

Jason
Old 06-12-2008, 09:28 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Deuce,

Didn't we have this 'go around' a couple pages back? Didn't we acknowledge the enjoyment of steel working? It's like Deja Vu all over again.

I never thought of you as a newb. Unlike you, your counterpart comes off as sophomoric and childish. He could learn a thing or two from you on proper web conduct.

F&J,
Be careful.... calling another board member names could be considered a personal attack. I will overlook it this time, but don't do it again. Personal attacks are against board rules and could buy you a two week suspension.

I know you don't like the fact that I can't stand Streetbeast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab, but you don't have to personally build one to see they are NOT a novice project. The company markets their kits to the new street rod enthusiast and they claim all over their web site that they assemble easily. This is defiantly NOT the case. Their deceptive slick advertising tactics would be considered a classic case of predatory marketing in any college business class. I will admit the quality of their fiberglass work has improved over the years but their basic design hasn't improved at all. It's still a product who's design forces the customer to buy accessories and repair parts from only one source, them. Trust me that was part of their design as well.

Until they improve their designs so they actually are easy to build, and until they change their predatory marketing tactics, I will do everything I can to make sure that street rodding novices understand what the rest of the street rodding community thinks of the Streetbeast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab products.

Forget the fact that they don't look right. Forget the fact that their instruction manual is junk. Even forget the fact that they are marketing a difficult to build product to inexperienced novices as an easy to assemble kit. When enough people tell you something maybe its time to believe them. This thread is already over 14 pages long and with all those posts you can't find a handful of people who disagree with what I have said. That by itself should tell you that we know what we are talking about.

You will find when you start the assembly process that you will need a lot of help. We are here to help you how ever we can. New Interiors of course would probably be your best source of information but given the fact that you have already spent the money none of us want to see you fail. There is nothing worse than another street rod project abandoned out in the garage. What you have tackled is not going to be easy and its not going to be finished overnight. This will be a long term project and if experience means anything, take your estimate to build this car times 2 1/2 and you'll probably be close to how long it will take to complete. Not because its a Streetbeast but that's about what all projects take. 2 1/2 times the time and if you're not careful about that much in cost as well.

Good luck.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

I knew a fellow who was real BIG into 61 and 64 Fords. Very knowledgeable and in his late 40's. He had a nice 61 and a super 64 fastback. He was not in my immediate circle of friends ... but came to a few of the local cruise nights in my area. He is a nice guy ... who could build engines ( Fords ) and had drag raced " back in the day ". He was no novice @ cars or their workings.

He decided he wanted a street rod and went off the deep end. He bought a 3W Street Beast ... a uncompleted project. It was still in the crate. It had been for two years. Yellow ... It was set up for a SBC so he gave up on the SBF/5.0 idea and went and got a SBC/Turbo 350 and went to work. He ran into all kinds of problems and then asked myself and some of my friends for help/advice. He worked at it for 2 and one half years. Weekends and free time. He hated it ... Fit was terrible. Nothing fit ... most of the welding looked amateurish at best and the body was rough and wavy. He fabricated some stuff and bought extra pieces to get it finished. He finally got it running and drove it to a major Rod Run ... and was sadly disappointed to find that no one even looked at his new ride ... A few rodders did come up and said they had uncompleted Beasts at home and they could not finished theirs ( incomplete parts and no responses from Classic ) and no one would buy them at half the money they paid for them. Was he interested in buying another one ??

He drove it for awhile ... but was so unhappy with it, how it looked ( when parked next to a original looking 34 Ford ) he sold it for a sizable $$$ loss. Sad story but very true.

I wish you a better story and hope you enjoy the kit and the build. But I am afraid that it is not in the cards ...

After you get it out of the crate and get the cabriolet up on 4 wheels and rolling ... then ... after you have worked on it and faced some of the challenges mentioned previously by myself and others ... and solved them ... I then will rate your experiences and opinions at a higher level ... or what is sometimes called street creditability. Read my signature ...

FAIR ENOUGH ??

Old 06-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Quote:
As I've stated earlier, even if it went South, it'd be MY first hand experience. Not Yours.

Thanks,

Jay K.

Jay K.
I just went back and reread this entire thread ... back to November of 2001 ( almost seven years worth ) and I must say you have remained above the fray and the mud ... and I sincerely wish you well with you and your Dads project.

All the warnings, moaning and whizzing by others ( and myself ) can now STOP because you spent the money and took delivery. There are about 60 thousand members here and I believe most here would LOVE to see you enjoy the project. If there is anything I can do to help ... just ask. I am sure Centerline, 302 Z28 and all the other moderators feel the same way.

Deuce ... Moderator

Old 06-13-2008, 06:03 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
Jay K.
I just went back and reread this entire thread ... back to November of 2001 ( almost seven years worth ) and I must say you have remained above the fray and the mud ... and I sincerely wish you well with you and your Dads project.

All the warnings, moaning and whizzing by others ( and myself ) can now STOP because you spent the money and took delivery. There are about 60 thousand members here and I believe most here would LOVE to see you enjoy the project. If there is anything I can do to help ... just ask. I am sure Centerline, 302 Z28 and all the other moderators feel the same way.

Deuce ... Moderator
Deuce = The Voice of Reason.

Thanks.

Jay K.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.