StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 15 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2008, 06:14 AM
31 five window

Last journal entry: Master cylinder
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
I know their cars very well too. I KNOW what it takes to assemble them things very, very well. It takes a lot of patience, and lot of re-thinking. Do I think their product is crap - NO!

The majority that like to talk the most smack seem to be the ones that go off of what they hear, and then some know somebody that has had dealings, and then of course are the ones that have had to deal with it.

I personally like the one piece body, that is why I went with it. Frame has been modified some, as well as the steel inner structures of the body. The only components used of theirs is of course the body, decklid and doors, the inner steel structure (modified), and the frame (also modified). The other things were either purchased or fab'd. Then the rest went along pretty well. Dang, now that I read what I wrote, it was a lot of crap to go through.

I will never forget the numerous weekends of making new door hinges, and aligning the doors - could have choked someone. The ones it came with would not allow the doors to shut, then only opened enough for a newborn to fit through.

Real world experience, I have honestly seen some Street Beast cars go for the same and for more $$$, than the "top" named cars next to them. I have seen a personal friend take the Street Beast "Vicky" and turn it into a top notch show winner, and then turned around and sold the thing for $87,000, when he only had $30K to $35K in it. I guess this is all besides the point.

It is what you can put into it and turn it into what you want. Are they functional - YES. Are they a pain in the butt - YES. But when done with the same amount of pride and enthusiasm as a Wescott, Outlaw, or whatever, they can be really nice...

Their sales practices are 100% DECEPTIVE, or at least in the past. I do not know how Street Beast is now. My opinion, if you are to purchase their product, DO NOT purchase their extras, i.e. interior or body prep - THAT IS A JOKE!

Hey Streetbeastsoptsman, do you want to buy an interior kit back? How about a refund for body prep???

Sorry for the long jibber jab post.

Jason
Really well said.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by F&J
Jay; It's been 24+ hours since the roll back arrived with the crate some of us bystanders would like to see some of it.

I am a big fan of cabriolets, so I am curious
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Thanks for the queries, the pictures will be coming this weekend. Family's first you know so the pics will follow this Saturday.

Jay K.
Well ... it is Sunday night and getting late ...

HOW ABOUT THE PHOTOS ??

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 06-16-2008, 12:11 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

With apologies to those that are watching.

I'll go and get some and be right back.

The initial obsevations are that the shipping of the street beasts are unrivaled! This crate could withstand hurricane Katrina and scoff at it as if it were a spring time breeze!

The IFS is an in house manufactured component that I thought might be aftermarket in the event of a part swap. Darn!

The real issue facing us will be lifting the body off of the frame to take the body to storage. I'm not sure how we're going to pull that off yet, but I'll consult with Randy via phone for advice.

The parts so far:

'34 Cab kit.
Chevy 383 with a hot cam
Viper Trans Tremec T56
Mcleod bell housing to mate the trans to the block.
Lokar shifter
some other bells and whistles.

I'm heading out to the garage now.

Jay K.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:43 PM

Last photo:

Apologies for the poor resolution. These were taken with a cell phone camera.

Jay K.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	30636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	30637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	30638   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image3.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	30639  
Old 06-16-2008, 12:45 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

4 strong guys should be able to lift the body off, but not lifting on the fenders, even tho they are so called reinforced, they would be reinforced for downward forces, not upward forces.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:46 PM

Last photo:

Matt,

Thanks,

it's not the weight of the body but rather the garage door / low ceiling to get the body off of the chassis with the upright bar for the pedals that should prove to be a clearance challenge.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:50 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Matt,

Thanks,

it's not the weight of the body but rather the garage door / low ceiling to get the body off of the chassis with the upright bar for the pedals that should prove to be a clearance challenge.

you may have to lift the body up as high as high as you possibly can, then have someone roll the frame out.. or cut the rest of the crate down to clear everything, then slide it out.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:55 PM

Jays Cabriolet

Good for you Jay, never let anyone stand in the way of your vision, we've shipped 1000's of kits in the last 5 years, and we have people building our cars everyday , into very nice cars. Ive really had enough of this site, this has been going on since 2001, enoughs enough !! get a life , if you compare the numbers of happy customers to customers who are unhappy , we have thousands more who are 100% satisfied. Who have turned our kits into awesome daily drivers for 30K ,all the way up to $125,000 Show Winners. Rebuilding any Antique car is hard, ours isn't any harder, We don't guarantee anything other than you can get your money back 100% if you don't receive the highest quality kit available in the industry today!

Ive personally had enough of this B-S , Ive got better things to do the to defend something that I know in my heart to be an awesome kit assembly capable of whatever the builder wants it to be , Good Luck to you all

Marc Gold

Last edited by Centerline; 06-16-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Glad to see you moving a head Jay!!!! I cut all them up rights off my car.Did it the right way.But do what you think is best for your build. And for you Mr street beast,There is ways to improve your car's from the factory,And wouldn't cost you any more to do it.I wouldn't buy a new car from yall,But I will buy them all day long at half price on ebay And make a better car out of it.For get all the BS as you put it, and try an take a little advise from some people that or telling you from the street view of it.You hear it from a customer,We hear these thinks from the hot rodder them self's.Just trying to help.Later.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:23 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
Good for you Jay, never let anyone stand in the way of your vision, we've shipped 1000's of kits in the last 5 years, and we have people building our cars everyday , into very nice cars. Ive really had enough of this site, this has been going on since 2001, enoughs enough !! get a life , if you compare the numbers of happy customers to customers who are unhappy , we have thousands more who are 100% satisfied. Who have turned our kits into awesome daily drivers for 30K ,all the way up to $125,000 Show Winners. Rebuilding any Antique car is hard, ours isn't any harder, We don't guarantee anything other than you can get your money back 100% if you don't receive the highest quality kit available in the industry today!

Ive personally had enough of this B-S , Ive got better things to do the to defend something that I know in my heart to be an awesome kit assembly capable of whatever the builder wants it to be , Good Luck to you all

Marc Gold

Thousands of satisfied customers?? - Hard to believe those kinds of numbers were sold. And built for $30K - what dream world are you living in? 100% money back - yeah. right!!!

I really hope that Jay and his dad are happy with theirs and are able to build a nice car without too many obstacles. We for the most part will help him when and where necessary.

Goodbye

Dave W

Last edited by Centerline; 06-16-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Other.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:48 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
................... We don't guarantee anything other than you can get your money back 100% if you don't receive the highest quality kit available in the industry today!.........
I'll bet there are thousands of Streetbeast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab customers that just might be able to recoup some of their investment given that statement.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Viva la Migra!!

Last photo:

Mr. streetbeastoptsman.......
You couldn't pay me to own one of your "cars" ( i use that term lightly , and yes, I'd do it for money .... ).
Your company's reputation is worse than bad , y'all are a laughing stock to all the rodders who aren't p/o'd at you.
I have NEVER in my life heard more negativity toward any one company. Not even Enron.
Word of mouth is a real buzz-kill for companies like street beasts .
And if you think that this is the only forum/location where you're not appreciated , try asking people at shows about S.B.'s before they know who you work for.
Try to have a great day,
Mike
Old 06-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:

Ive personally had enough of this B-S , Ive got better things to do the to defend something that I know in my heart to be an awesome kit assembly capable of whatever the builder wants it to be

Marc Gold
Mr Gold ... I believe you just showed your TRUE COLORS ...
Your attitude is exactly what I would expect from the sales guy of Street Beasts ...

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Last edited by Centerline; 06-16-2008 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Other.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:38 PM

Last journal entry: 32 Ford cabriolet conversion/windshield
Last photo:

Quote:
Matt,

Thanks,

Borrow or rent some low profile furniture dollies, roll it outside, and then get help to lift it off...?
Old 06-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Last photo:

That's a great suggestion.

Thanks Man!

Hey the rest of you...

I thought Deuce made hisself perfectly clear, CUT IT OUT!!

Jay K.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.