StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 16 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

OK!!!!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2008, 01:29 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

The truth cannot be silenced. The fact that someone doesn't like hearing it makes no difference.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGK95
Hey the rest of you...

I thought Deuce made hisself perfectly clear, CUT IT OUT!!

Jay K.
Well DEUCE does not moderate this area ...
And my intentions were for folks to ... STOP bashing JGK95 ... and his purchase.

The purchase has been made and the KIT delivered. No purpose to bashing JGK95. We need to help him and his father. I believe that if Jay reports his experiences with the Street Beast here ... while building his KIT ... the truth will be told and if Street Beast has really improved ... the story will be told here. If not ... the truth will still be told.

Marc Gold and the business he represents ...
were out of the bashing range also if he had just sit back and kept his mouth shut. He is the one who opened the door by his statements and showed his true colors and those of the business he represents

Deuce ...

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 06-17-2008, 05:35 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
Well DEUCE does not moderate this area ...
And my intentions were for folks to ... STOP bashing JGK95 ... and his purchase.

The purchase has been made and the KIT delivered. No purpose to bashing JGK95. We need to help him and his father. I believe that if Jay reports his experiences with the Street Beast here ... while building his KIT ... the truth will be told and if Street Beast has really improved ... the story will be told here. If not ... the truth will still be told.

Marc Gold and the business he represents ...
were out of the bashing range also if he had just sit back and kept his mouth shut. He is the one who opened the door by his statements and showed his true colors and those of the business he represents

Deuce ...
Well said and I totally agree.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:21 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Some more updates...

ps. Having difficulty creating a Project Journal due to it saying I'm using the wrong credentials?

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	30727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	30728  
Old 06-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Jay,Talk to Jon.He was able to help me out.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:30 AM

Last photo:

We cut off the remaining wood from the top of the box frame. I swear at this rate, I'll have enough wood to heat the Midwest for the entire upcoming winter!

Old 06-23-2008, 12:00 PM
31 five window

Last journal entry: grill and rear end
Last photo:

Did you decide on a drive train yet?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:11 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydeedy
Did you decide on a drive train yet?
Tremec T56 out of a Viper (Low Miles! ) hooking up to a McCleod bell housing which will connect to a 1986? 383 SBC w/a hot cam and Nasty sound!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:34 PM
31 five window

Last journal entry: grill and rear end
Last photo:

Very nice choice. Because of my physical condition I can't drive a stick but they are fun. My son in law and I built a 383 for his 65 Chevy truck. You will be very pleased with the performance.You picked a good combo.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

This longstanding thread has been brought to my attention. It's high-ranked in Google, and it's sufficiently public within the industry to be fairly well-known and controversial.

Just posting here to let everyone know that it's "on the radar" of this forum's administration.

This discussion will likely get more play over the years, so let's try to remain civil. In a message board environment, professionalism is measured not by the scarcity of conflict, but by the discipline displayed in handling the numerous inevitable conflicts.

Regarding Streetbeastoptsman. He's just intercepting in an effort to mitigate some of the financial damage done by this thread. That is not such an inherently evil act, as long as the forum rules are followed. In fact, done properly, such a strategy can benefit us all.

He's not going to answer certain questions, or he's going to answer them in a manner that doesn't constitute our idea of an "answer". Obviously, this company has some very negative issues in their past (and, evidently, their present), and, faced with such a public relations challenge, it's typically considered a poor strategy to focus on those issues. So, he's just doing his job. As they say: "Play the ball, not the man".

Here is the article that Centerline had referenced, on MiamiNewTimes.com: http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2006-03...ly-background/ . That article mentions similar coverage in the Miami Herald, Car and Driver, the Los Angeles Times, the Associated Press, and ABC's Inside Edition. If anyone is able to locate those articles, please add them to the wiki article in progress about this (see below for more details).

In assessing this discussion, or any others, be wary of weasel words. Any company who has sold a lot of products will have "many" satisfied customers, and "many" dissatisfied customers. Also, be alert for hasty generalization, and, as always, watch out for anecdotal evidence. For every product on the market, there is someone's uncle, cousin, or brother who has brought the product and loved it, and another person's uncle, cousin, or brother who has brought the product and hated it. Unless it's someone whose reputation and opinion you trust, I would ignore it either way until you can compile the opinion of a broader section of the marketplace.

Features in any mainstream magazines or television shows are essentially useless as indicators of quality. The TV shows predominantly use a paid placement model, which means that product quality is more or less irrelevant if the advertiser is paying the proper fee. Nielsen Media Research tracks product placements, and the popular automotive shows often make the top 10 in terms of product placement. While they are indeed "shows", they can also be defined as "show-based advertisements".

From my experience, nobody in the industry (certainly including myself) knows how to handle a highly negative, very public thread discussing their products. We've seen a lot of techniques over the years -- everything from planned thread intercepts, to lawyers and legal threats. Nothing will change the fact that you can't un-ring a bell.

Best way to handle this is to make a comprehensive wiki article about Streetbeasts. Considering our standing on the web, it shouldn't be difficult at all for us to get the wiki article top-ranked in Google, which will provide a centralized resource for those seeking information on Streetbeast products. I've already gotten it started here: new wiki article about Streetbeasts. Feel free to add to it.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:04 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Jon, it almost appears to me that you either received an "interesting" phone call or a visit......

Occasionally we do need some redirecting of our comments

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that this thread was let go for so long without being locked as there were some well known folks that were a bit effusive in their dislike of the product. I will always feel that there are better choices, but as I told the originator of this thread and also via PM, in general you bought it so now let's see what happens and we will alway be here to help.

Dave W
Old 08-06-2008, 04:51 PM

Retraction Letter Miami New Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letters to Miami New Times
The Way the Car Crumbles

We are not beasts: In this time of sensational journalism and negative reporting, I felt compelled to respond to an article by Mariah Blake, "A Beastly Background" (March 2).

The basic facts are that Auto Resolutions, the manufacturer of the Street Beasts line of Replicars, is not Classic Motor Carriages in any shape, manner, or form. Whatever problems Classic Motor Carriages had should not be a reflection of Auto Resolutions.

In the "go-go" Eighties, many companies flourished, prospered, and had growth problems. It is my understanding that CMC was one of those companies that simply oversold what it could not produce.
Full text: http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2006-03...march-16-2006/

This Thread is sooooooo Dead, arnt you guys tired of this yet ?? Go build a Car or something , Take your wives to dinner, play with the kids, smell the fresh air...Jesus , this thread is 8 years old, were not going anywhere sooo just get over it !!

Last edited by Jon; 08-06-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Copy-pasting. Please see: copy-pasting guidelines.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:01 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
.......Jesus , this thread is 8 years old, were not going anywhere sooo just get over it !!
Not going to happen. As long as Streetbeast is selling "kit cars" that are directly marketed to new comers to the hobby, people who are gullible enough to buy the slick advertising, the rest of the rodding community will do everything possible to warn those people about the history of the company, quality of the product, and deceptive advertising tactics.

Sorry but we are NOT going away either.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

StreetbeastOptsman -- please be aware of our posting guidelines, which forbid excessive copy-pasting, as indicated here: Hotrodders.com copy-pasting policy. I've edited your post to include a snippet from the referenced article, and a link to the full text.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that someone with your exact IP address has edited the StreetBeasts wiki article I've started today. Editing wiki articles is fine, and we encourage everyone to participate in the wiki, including those whose products are being discussed in wiki articles.

However, bear in mind that certain statements added to wiki articles, especially by those affiliated with the subject of the wiki articles, may be considered unwise. Specifically, the following text inserted into the wiki article from your IP address is, at best, inappropriate. Ultimately, someone is just going to edit it out, while preserving the evidence in the article's "history" page.

Quote:
I ordered a kit from streetbeast 5 years ago and have been paying on the layaway plan, last year I had about $2000 left to pay and was diagnosed with cancer, those saints at streetbeast forgave what I owed and shipped my dream car (34 Coupe) right away so I could build and drive it with my wife before I passed, God Bless Street Beast

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.