StreetBeast rod kit's - Page 18 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 03:31 PM
31 five window

Last journal entry: grill and rear end
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I asked a very simple and sincere question and the answer was far from what I would expect from a man so high up in such a large company.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2008, 03:33 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
I was told that,The doors won't work if the body is separate,Because yall weld the door post to the frame.Well I have proven that it can be done.I am speaking first hand.You can't compare your car to a outlaw.Their car's will fit on any frame.And the floor is glassed into the car from the factory.If the people who buy the car don't know how to do glass work they are in trouble.You don't have to weld all the steel structure to the frame.
Randy,

The door posts are not welded to the frame anymore. The only vertical bars that I can see from the shell sitting on the frame is the bars supporting the firewall, dashboard and pedal assembly.

Jay K.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
I was told that,The doors won't work if the body is separate,Because yall weld the door post to the frame.Well I have proven that it can be done.I am speaking first hand.You can't compare your car to a outlaw.Their car's will fit on any frame.And the floor is glassed into the car from the factory.If the people who buy the car don't know how to do glass work they are in trouble.You don't have to weld all the steel structure to the frame.

We designed that for structural integrity

Last edited by StreetbeastOptsMan; 08-07-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydeedy
I am not trying to trash anybody and like I have said before,I don't think your cars are junk.My only question is why don't you make the car where after it is completed the body can be removed from the frame?
What else would you like me to say ? if you were a perspective customer and during the sales transaction you asks if the body can be removed from the frame once assembled, Id say No that maybe our kit is not for you
Old 08-07-2008, 04:13 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

The "I'm copping an attitude" beat goes on and on and on from StreetbeastOptsMan. I have to say that if you worked for me - you would have been looking at the inside of my establishment door for the last time ten minutes ago.

As I said above, lots of people worldwide are looking at your attitude and the way it advertises your product, especially to potential customers. If someone as high in your company as you portray yourself on a car forum can speak out like you have, I can only guess how you treat a customer with a problem. Phew!!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:25 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Mark,

You really need to rethink your last post. It was outta line. Randy aka New Interiors is the reason I joined this place and he BUILDS cars outta scratch. He also has a StreetBeasts '34 which also indicates he could help you rather than you step on his ****. (Hell, I'll edit myself before the mods do! )
Old 08-07-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
The "I'm copping an attitude" beat goes on and on and on from StreetbeastOptsMan. I have to say that if you worked for me - you would have been looking at the inside of my establishment door for the last time ten minutes ago.

As I said above, lots of people worldwide are looking at your attitude and the way it advertises your product, especially to potential customers. If someone as high in your company as you portray yourself on a car forum can speak out like you have, I can only guess how you treat a customer with a problem. Phew!!
We treat are customers with respect , theres no attitude Here , We have an awesome Product , 100's of fantastic employees, great ownership, 1000's of satisfied customers , some dissatisfied customers who we will bend over backwards to try to help , and a handful of old washed up streetrodders that dont have anything better to do on this site busting my balls ....Life is Good
Old 08-07-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetbeastOptsMan
We treat are customers with respect , theres no attitude Here , We have an awesome Product , 100's of fantastic employees, great ownership, 1000's of satisfied customers , some dissatisfied customers who we will bend over backwards to try to help , and a handful of old washed up streetrodders that dont have anything better to do on this site busting my balls ....Life is Good
The "I'm copping an attitude" beat goes on and on and on from StreetbeastOptsMan.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
and a handful of old washed up streetrodders that dont have anything better to do on this site busting my balls ....Life is Good

I have done more to cars then you will ever do!!!!! I've tired to help you,But you will learn the hard way.Hope you alot of luck.You will need it!!!! I did stand up for your cars,But now you have showed your true color's.It's a shame a man in your spot.Say's the things you say.But it ''DON'T'' surprise me at all!!!!!! You sure your name isn't Marty?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:56 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
If the Kits are soo bad , How come they come out so nice??
That's because the really nice ones are either built by someone with years of experience or by professionals. The average guy with average ability has only a marginal chance of winding up with a masterpiece.

Quote:
....... Were no different than Outlaw, gibbons , antique and collectables............
Oh yes you are! They're products are at least faithful copies of the original. When you build a Gibbons or Outlaw bodied car you wind up with one that actually looks like the original. That simply is not the case with most of Street Beast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab's offerings.

Quote:
........ we might be a little agressive in the sale , but thats why were the biggest and the best in the industry , and a major player for many years to come .
Biggest maybe but best is highly debatable. Perhaps this article written by a former CMC employee will shed some light on the "advertising and sales" tactics used by your company. Just because the name has changed doesn't mean the tactics and high-pressure sales have changed.

ttp://www.geocities.com/aztec7fan/story_by_christopher_aguilera.html

Also while I'm at it, how about an article that appeared in Car and Driver magazine a few years ago that will help shed a little more light on the dismal reputation and past history of Street Beast/Classic Motor Carriages/Fiberfab.

http://www.erareplicas.com/misc/bedard/index.htm

When all is said and done little has changed since the days of Fiberfab and CMC. The design is still a poor representation of the original, and the frame still leaves a lot to be desired. On the other side, customer service must have approved since as far as I can tell there are no pending law suits or BBB complaints and the quality of the fiberglass work is better. From my point of view, thats about all I can say good about the company.

Have I built a Street Beast? No. Would I build a Street Beast? Not even if it was free. Have I been badgered by Street Beast sales people? Yes, until I changed my phone number. You see I made the mistake of actually inquiring about one of their Cobra kits once. I'll never do that again, I can assure you.

It's too bad really, Street Beast's Willys and Cobra aren't too bad when it comes to fidelity to the original (although the Cobra is stretched a little). Its the molds for their street rods that were inherited from CMC and Fiberfab that are so terrible. It's too bad that Street Beast can't see how bad they really are and invest some of its profits into new molds and an improved design. Don't hold your breath for that to happen though.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
The "I'm copping an attitude" beat goes on and on and on from StreetbeastOptsMan.
I tried not to get involve with this, but I do not see an attitude. Heck, maybe he is a little defensive, but who wouldn't when you have people barking at you.

Jason
Old 08-07-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
I tried not to get involve with this, but I do not see an attitude. Heck, maybe he is a little defensive, but who wouldn't when you have people barking at you.

Jason
Jason,
This thread has gone on for months and 18 pages worth. There are several folks that have asked some very pointed questions and instead of fully answering them, they have been ignored like a politician ignores what he doesn't want to hear and talked all around. While I'm not a fan of the product nor the company, I don't think they are junk, though not a car that I would build. That said, and really what I've been driving at, and more today then in the past is for "Mark" to put together a comprehensive statement of fact based on real numbers of sales, the positives of his offering, how they've improved over the past iterations of his company and where they intend on being in the hot rod world in the future. And rather then that, he has taken the 'bull charging a red cape' attitude, becoming defensive and offensive and since I'm a retired businessman find that he is presenting me with an attitude that I find very demeaning to both him and to the company that he purports to represent. And yes, he would be a former employee if I saw his posts.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:56 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Were no different than Outlaw, gibbons , antique and collectables, we might be a little agressive in the sale , but thats why were the biggest and the best in the industry , and a major player for many years to come .
how can you say your no diffrent, when you admitted earlier in this thread that your body dimensions differed heavilly from the originals, unlike Outlaw and Gibbons which aside from having chopped tops are pretty accurate... I have seen some very nice Street beasts cars, I'll be 1 to admit they can look good. but your backtracking.. your attitude and..... pressuring people into sales, is bad business ethics .. Your like publishers Clearing house. you make people belive your products are like no other, and then you keep spamming them with flyer's or calling them until they give in.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:59 PM

Last journal entry: 32 Ford cabriolet conversion/windshield
Last photo:

Quote:
On the other side, customer service must have approved since as far as I can tell there are no pending law suits or BBB complaints and the quality of the fiberglass work is better.

Just a simple reply here;

"if" a company was to try to resolve all the past problems, and "might" be doing so, when do they get some slack from the websites??

As far as those who find the one-piece body/fender idea offensive to their tastes: I can see how there would be PLENTY of people out there who don't want to deal with the horrors of trying to fit individual pieces; weather it be all individual glass parts or somewhat beat up gennie steel parts.

Some just don't give a good toot if it is not exactly what others build...they just want a "complete" kit that looks like a rod.

I've noticed that so many people would prefer a package that "appears" to be "almost assembled" compared to trying to piece something together from several different manufacturers. And I am not just talking about a whole kit car, just look at individual sub assemblies like M2 front ends and also a disc brake changeover kit, or a complete I-beam axle kit. Marketers realize that there is a big demand for a "complete" whatever.....versus buying all the little components from many sources and trying to put it together.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:39 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by F&J
Just a simple reply here;

"if" a company was to try to resolve all the past problems, and "might" be doing so, when do they get some slack from the websites??

As far as those who find the one-piece body/fender idea offensive to their tastes: I can see how there would be PLENTY of people out there who don't want to deal with the horrors of trying to fit individual pieces; weather it be all individual glass parts or somewhat beat up gennie steel parts.

Some just don't give a good toot if it is not exactly what others build...they just want a "complete" kit that looks like a rod.

I've noticed that so many people would prefer a package that "appears" to be "almost assembled" compared to trying to piece something together from several different manufacturers. And I am not just talking about a whole kit car, just look at individual sub assemblies like M2 front ends and also a disc brake changeover kit, or a complete I-beam axle kit. Marketers realize that there is a big demand for a "complete" whatever.....versus buying all the little components from many sources and trying to put it together.
I understand where you are coming from. However, the 1 piece body design locks the buyer into returning to the one company in the world that makes repair parts for their car, unlike most of the other glass body manufacturers. If Street Beast's design was closer to an original car where parts made for the original might fit, then I would say no problem....... BUT forcing the buyer into returning to Street Beast for repair parts IS part of their marketing scheme and they will never change it.

When it comes to true "kit" cars there are dozens on the market that are designed around a donor car. Factory Five's Cobra is a perfect example. All you need when you purchase their kit is a Fox body Mustang to complete the car. And it is one of the most authentic looking and performing Cobra replicas on the market. That is just one example, and there are many more.

Street Beast's overall design is very dated and although the average Joe can make a respectable car out of one (with a whole lot of work) when he's done what does he have? Something that kinda sorta looks similar to the real thing, and gets little to no respect at shows. When Street Beast took over from CMC they kept almost all the sales staff, management and just continued to produce the poor designs that have been around for a couple decades. There have been limited improvements but as "kit cars" go most builders would rate them at or near the bottom of the heap.

Street Beast realizes the need for a complete appearing kit and they use that when praying on the uneducated novice. It would be interesting to see the statistics as to how many Street Beast customers are first time builders. It would also be interesting to know how many owners a typical Street Beast goes through before its finally on the road. That data would tell a whole lot about the design and expose their predatory marketing tactics.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.